The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

21/2/18 PvP dps tank

FinalFortune

Hi guys

im new to powertech and was thinking of making a pvp tank in DPS gear. Have people tried this spec:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301uMhrdMboZ0MZfhMrzh.2

The point is to get the Jet Charge and still maximize the dmg and possibility for Rail Shot. You guys think this could work? My first thought was running it with out a shield generator

Edited by FinalFortune

This is reminiscent of the Carolina Parakeet spec from pre-1.2. That spec allowed the PT a high amount of burst in Ion Cylinder. That spec was broken, however, when Prototype Power Cylinder required Combustible Gas Cylinder to proc the refresh on Rail Shot.

With that said, this spec will not work. You will not have the tanking benefits from the Shield tree which require Ion Cylinder stance; if you are, you will not have the DPS benefits of the talents from the Pyro tree which require Combustible Gas Cylinder.

In short, you need to choose which stance to be in - Ion, Combustible or even High Energy - and build a tree from there.

Edited by DacRycar

This is reminiscent of the Carolina Parakeet spec from pre-1.2. That spec allowed the PT a high amount of burst in Ion Cylinder. That spec was broken, however, when Prototype Power Cylinder required Combustible Gas Cylinder to proc the refresh on Rail Shot.

With that said, this spec will not work. You will not have the taking benefits from the Shield tree which require Ion Cylinder stance; if you are, you will not have the DPS benefits of the talents from the Pyro tree which require Combustible Gas Cylinder.

In short, you need to choose which stance to be in: Ion or Combustible and build a tree from there.

Ok thanks mate for clearing that up :)

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301GMhMdMdoZ0MZfhrbzh.2

That's fixed for ya for that sort of gameplay. And run it on Pyro (CGC) stance.

Won't be able to guard people ofc, but otherwise, it's a fun build.

-Leap

-Rail resets

-Good armor against melee/ranged (snipers/warriors)

-Some extra protection due to Combust

-Steely Resolve (Max bonus DMG)

-No Escape is sweetness

-Good crit on RP.

-Oil slick helps against warrior collapse, or snipers, tho a medicore talent.

...And you get the FB/Rapids/Unload DoT + Snare (imba), something even the parakeet never got.

Edited by SneiK

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301GMhMdMdoZ0MZfhrbzh.2

That's fixed for ya for that sort of gameplay. And run it on Pyro (CGC) stance.

Won't be able to guard people ofc, but otherwise, it's a fun build.

-Leap

-Rail resets

-Good armor against melee/ranged (snipers/warriors)

-Some extra protection due to Combust

-Steely Resolve (Max bonus DMG)

-No Escape is sweetness

-Good crit on RP.

-Oil slick helps against warrior collapse, or snipers, tho a medicore talent.

...And you get the FB/Rapids/Unload DoT + Snare (imba), something even the parakeet never got.

I have been playing this spec for the past week in WZ's. It's nice in Huttball with the extra mobility of Jet Charge and the rooting ability with Grapple. I miss the damage that I do, but I still hold my own. I think it's a nice spec to use if you are more concerned with mobility and utility instead of trying to top the damage charts.