Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Resolve changes - are you even listening?

Ronxz

I've always wondered, why is it that Roots are not considered Crowd Controls (even though every other game since D&D has considered them as such, but, hey, Bioware says they aren't so they must not be) but the only way to break a root is to use our only 2 minute cooldown? I would think, since its not a crowd control, we could force jump or speed out of it. I mean, it isn't a CC right? So why do we have to use our only 2 minute CC breaker to get out of it?

Sadly, considering the response to the resolve issue, Bioware's likely 'fix' would be "CC breakers no longer break roots or slows" rather than adding root to the resolve immunity.

I would bet that none of the developers have ever had a sniper knock them back, root them, and then kill them before the root wore off. That would require them to play the game though.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More time being stunned. What's not to love right? I mean rather than having Pugs learn to play, we now get to ha e coordinated teams effectively stunlock players through coordination. Well done Bioware. :rolleyes:

Christ, get over yourself already. It is not a L2P issue for PUGs, anyone can be more coordinated when they are all using voice communication and can instantly pass information without having to worry about typing and playing at the same time.

Now I do agree that the overlap change is bad and the cool down upon using the stun breaker should be shorter. Kind of wish they would steal the "stun immunity" concept when using the stun breaker, in addition to building up immunity.

It appears BW is listening. A pretty good change on the way from the 1.4 PTS Patch Notes:

When a player becomes immune to control due to Resolve, his Resolve meter will not start decaying until after all the current controlling effects expire (instead of decaying immediately after the immunity begins).

I've always wondered, why is it that Roots are not considered Crowd Controls (even though every other game since D&D has considered them as such, but, hey, Bioware says they aren't so they must not be) but the only way to break a root is to use our only 2 minute cooldown?

Wrong. All roots can be dispelled by at least one of the healing ACs. Except the Sorcy Lightning spec knockback root, I think. That's an easy fix.

The problem with roots, is you can still attack, it's not a true stun, and resolve works with stuns. The other problem is that even if you have a couple healers, their dispell is on a 5 second CD. So healers and DPS sorcs, operatives, and mercs get a freebie, but the other classes don't. Not sure how to address it, but adding roots to resolve is not the way to go, in my opinion.

At most (excepting lightning sorcy root), you're rooted for a GCD and a half. Whoopdiedo. Unless you get horrifically unlucky in pugs, you're only going to see 2, maybe 3 people with roots in a warzone. And if you get chained and die, where was your healer? ;)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.