So I reached level 50! Help..

jebelious

:rak_02:

Finally I thought! Yes!! level 50.. now what the hell do I do?

I have been mainly soloing as when I started friends already had multiple lvl 50 characters on my initial server, I had joined a few groups here and there but nothing major. I had been enjoying the story and sort of got lost in a world of my own forgetting at times that this game was an MMO (unless i was ganked by 3/4 lvl 50's on occasion).

Fast forward to a few months back, our server was dead and all my friends lost interest.. Me stuck at lvl 30ish on a dead server with a guild that all of a sudden went from being active with 8+ people to everyone quitting on the same day...

I decide to now transfer server Tomb of Freedom Naad - It's actually weird seeing so many people around as my iniital server was quiet before the transfer opportunities arose. I finished my journey to 50/story questing on this server and I am happy to say it paid off. I have picked up a few things on the way such as crafting (max level Biochem erc).

My question now is - what the hell to do now? i think i will go to finish the story side for this character (I feel i am close) and I am going to do some solo PVP however i feel that I am missing so much from the game. Unfortunately I only get to go online 5-10 hrs a week at random times so i believe that operations etc are out of the question so PVP seems to be the only real solution but without friends to join it seems that there is now so much avaialble to do at 50 and I am not sure what i can do.

At the moment cash flow is very low and my gear is well, just bad.. So from questing i have been trying to get some cash. Any suggestions for the casual player other than the occasional PVP questing/rolling another toon? :)

(I do still see myself as a noob very much so)

In no particular order: Do all the bonus series quests; Do the dailies on Ilum, Corellia-Black Hole, and Belsavis; Use group finder to queue up for regular flashpoints; use group finder to queue up for Hard Mode flashpoints (Tier 1) when you have at least all level 50 purple gear. The daily comms you earn will help you gear up.

http://feature.mmosite.com/swtor/1.2_dailies_and_endgame_pve_gearing.shtml

Above is a link to the daily's, all but heroics are solo-able.

Make sure you've done the Belsavis, Hoth(I believe) and Corellia bonus series. I can't remember whether it's hoth and/or Belsavis you pick thedailys up in the orbital station, black hole and Illum on Fleet.

Get 300k together and buy some PVP recruit armor, 600k+ for you and main companion. You don't need to do PVP but can use this armor.

Hey, I could be wrong on some of this, pardon, just woke up.

Ah thanks for this - will certainly be making a start here :)

I managed to get a set of the recruit armour FOC for one of the quests at the PVP terminal - although i am thinking about swapping between 2 specs on my char so i may ultimately get a mixture of gear. After having a quick read it would seem that the daily gear can help here with my modable equipment.

Looks like more questing needed :p - I am also thinking on getting the datacrons for my class when i get some time

recruit gear is free, go to pvp terminal. better then any starting gear you might get. better is only L50 moddable armour since you can choose what stats u want, quick way to columni/rakata.

I get evil when I see peeps on HM's with L 35 greens.... ugh....

When you don't see that XP bar moving anymore, it's time to form new goals. TOR does a good job guiding you to 50, but there's definitely a "now what?" feeling at first at 50. It turns out, there's a ton to do at 50, more than you possibly have time to experience.

I wrote a guide on gearing up as a fresh level 50:

http://torwars.com/2012/05/10/inquisitorweeklyfresh50/

Generally, I'd say you're going to want to see the operations at some point. In my opinion, that's the best designed coolest content. Even if you've raided in other MMOs, there's nothing quite like the puzzle bosses in TOR or uinique fights like the Infernal Council where you have at least 8 different 1-vs-1 fights going on at the same time.

My advice, forget the regular XP bar and focus on making your character stronger and seeing all the story. Flashpoints like Battle of Ilum and False Emperor (in that order) have a great story, especially if you do the Ilum planet storyline first to set them up.

Another suggestion I would make is to look for a casual guild. There are many that have members with limited playtime which may coincide with yours.

This will make it easier to get help getting some better gear, and you may even find an opportunity to do some of the end-game operations.

• 1 year later...