The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

How often do you do die in solo PVE?

wincastle

Not often..maybe 2-3 times on my 33 Inquisitor..but I noticed I don't feel very epic when I die. Since they wanted to make you feel like a star wars hero while leveling I think they reduced your probability of death. It doesn't feel too epic to talk trash too a class boss, get killed, then rezzed and beat them.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Technically you don't die. You're defeated. ;)

I am pretty reckless, so I do die from time to time. This is most common in cutscenes that jump right to combat with multiple opponents. It's hard to get my CCs off fast enough if I am not initiating the combat. So those are where I die the most. Second round, when I am the one starting trouble, it is a very different story.

Other death scenarios are getting caught by respawns or pulling additional mobs before recovering from combat. Those I am much more likely to survive and my companion usually does as well. I will freely admit that an element of my survival strategy is to run away when necessary.

I love the content and enjoy replaying a lot of it so I often end up overleveled for most of the game...Which is a problem in terms of challenge. If you enjoy the game like I do and add in some space missions (which are a blast for me) and some PVP, it is hard to stay low enough in level.

The times my characters or their companions die is rare and usually directly the result of me not paying attention.

On related notes...

- There is no cost to dying anyway, so who cares? The "repair cost" is a joke and can usually be made up in a fight or two.

- It's entirely possible to breeze through all non-boss content by using only the first 4 powers any character has at level 4. Try it sometime.

- The majority of people in this game have no clue how to play in groups. I've never seen an MMO where cc'ers (Sages and Sorcerers primarily) not only don't know how to to deal with cc, but don't even know that they can cc.

My scoundrel dies all the time since I am reckless and perpetually under-leveled. With that character, I just do the class missions until I unlock the next FP, then level up to the next planet via groups. My little marauder has yet to die, though. Both are very low level, so we'll see.

Several times the 1st character through. Say 6-8 between level 2 and level 50.

Maybe half that on 2nd character through.

At most 1-2 times on every character since.

Game is way too easy, when I die now it's because I literally had stopped paying attention and was running on automatic. Would be nice to see at least 33% of the content require being over-leveled or have to get help.

Several times the 1st character through. Say 6-8 between level 2 and level 50.

Maybe half that on 2nd character through.

At most 1-2 times on every character since.

Game is way too easy, when I die now it's because I literally had stopped paying attention and was running on automatic. Would be nice to see at least 33% of the content require being over-leveled or have to get help.

Yeah you ever get into a zerg mode. You know, really in the zone clearing mobs and realize "My health bar is near zero" and "hey where did my companion go"? Usually happens when I am playing my Juggy and my Guardian. :D

Edited by Urael