Request: Existing NPC only clothing converted to orange or social gear. (w/ pics)

Tim-ONeil

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What if I buy that VIP wristband available with the cantina vendors below the VIP area? Will I get access to that stuff?

I honestly don't know if that will unlock them for you. Probably...but don't quote me on that...unless I'm correct. :D

What if I buy that VIP wristband available with the cantina vendors below the VIP area? Will I get access to that stuff?

The wristband just gives you access to the lounge. That's what it says that it does, and that is what it does.

However, the Republic got shortchanged on their CE gear.

Go look at the civilian pilot chest piece that the fleet commendations vendor sells.

Edited by Mithros

The wristband just gives you access to the lounge. That's what it says that it does, and that is what it does.

However, the Republic got shortchanged on their CE gear.

Go look at the civilian pilot chest piece that the fleet commendations vendor sells.

Awww... I already have that civilian pilot chest for fleet comms, but i wanted the ones the NPCs use, which is brown colored! :(

That is the Corellian Green Jedi armor, which I would personally very much like to see in game wearable at some point. If you go through the whole Corellian Mission Chain on Empire, you will run into a bunch of them you will have to fight.

this i have wanted green Jedi armor for my knight for ages and i would love to be able to get it.

http://cdn-www.swtor.com/sites/all/files/content/holonet/classes/jediKnight_outfitting_01.jpg -- This needs to make it way to the game for player-wearable robes! With hood on/off versions! Along with most robes on the Jedi Knight page on the Holonet..

Ya know, I was making a trek through the media and the amount of player classes on ads wearing the unattainable armor is just stunning! Might make a little compilation thread.

Don't forget that apart from robes there are weapons, too! I'd love to get Master Orgus' lightsaber for my main hand weapon!

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

I talked to Principal Lead Systems Designer Damion Schubert and showed him this thread. He liked the feedback here and will take a look to see if there are any of these we can incorporate into our plans. This isn't a promise that we can get them in, but we'd love to if we can. If you have any other NPC-only appearances that you're really fond of, post them in this thread and we'll keep watching it for your suggestions!

Since we have your attention, would it be possible to have a %chance when reverse engineering a piece of green equipment, to learn an Orange version?

Even better if the same applied to green/blue drops.

That might revitalize the crafting industry.

Since we have your attention, would it be possible to have a %chance when reverse engineering a piece of green equipment, to learn an Orange version?

Even better if the same applied to green/blue drops.

That might revitalize the crafting industry.

This is brilliant. However I think they'd prefer selling some sort of "reinforcement kit" for "only" 5 quid per 16 pieces... Such "reinforcement kit", when applied to item, could allow you to turn it into a moddable one.

The second "smuggler" jacket is absolutely something I'd dress my Gunslinger in -- and if that means a visit to the cash shop, I won't quibble.

To be honest, that is one of the things I think F2P and the cash shop will be good for -- access to cosmetic items which may not change game dynamics, but which allow a wider variety of style. And yes, I like that and don't mind spending a little pocket money on it now and again on top of what I pay for play time.

There is a similar Smuggler one to that at the PvP vendor. Go and have a look!

At this point, with soo many modably outfit available, the only thing armormech or sythweaving is good for is changing your appearance and Augments. And once you have a 50, and other toons you make will have it easy. I think they should go back to the original idea from pre-release and JUST have modable gear. Any armor you encounter in your specific speciality should get a chance to learn that recipe upon reverse engineering. Treat the skins as skins, and leave it at that. Drop set bonuses, or attach them to the armorings, not the skins. Add a special emblem that will appear in the name of the outfit to denote special endgame 'sets' for those who are gear snobs when looking for groups.

I am not sure if the gear is availible in game, but I think that Aitalla Girard's outfit would suit a consulor very well

http://torwars.com/2012/08/12/romancing-the-force-a-flirt-a-day-keeps-the-doctor-on-his-toes/screenshot_2012-08-12_19_29_47_373261/

She's obviously the one in the center

That is a re-color of the Elegant Dress social set, available on Dromund Kaas and Coruscant.