Whats the best Advanced Class for Smuggler

NumberZeroX

Both AC get roughly the same stuns, Gunslinger can deal great damage from a distance, but can be a pain when you get focused by someone, also they are pure DPS so It can be boring doing same thing all the time. Scoundrels can do great damage and great heals and have stealth, very mobile class.

Gunslingers will usually do more damage but aren't as mobile as scoundrels, and scoundrels can heal/DPS.

I prefer Scoundrel but it's up to you what you like.

I have a level 50 gunslinger and I absolutely love the DPS on her. I rolled an operative (scoundrel) and I didn't enjoy the DPS or healing as much as my 50 sage. I ended up rerolling my operative into a sniper instead. I think I enjoy playing ranged more. I have a knight and warrior too but again, not as much fun as my sage and gunslinger.

Scoundrels are quite adept healers but relatively poor endgame DPS characters in comparison.

The big inflated DPS numbers come from spamming AoE attacks, which is not a Scoundrel's strong point. Our DPS against bosses in Flashpoints and Operations is just as good as any other if played correctly

Both AC get roughly the same stuns, Gunslinger can deal great damage from a distance, but can be a pain when you get focused by someone, also they are pure DPS so It can be boring doing same thing all the time. Scoundrels can do great damage and great heals and have stealth, very mobile class.

Gunslingers will usually do more damage but aren't as mobile as scoundrels, and scoundrels can heal/DPS.

I prefer Scoundrel but it's up to you what you like.

gunslingers can be mobile as well if you focus on bleeds and get a good moving rotation... depends on what you want to do with them. their ccs are decent and provide major advantages with followed dps especially in PVP and chasing enamies down while running. they can effectively hold themselves against a mele class in most cases and their push backs and stuns cause immediate suppression to the enemy..

Scoundrel though mobile and can stealth is best used as heals and cc when in groups.. pvp a scoundrel can do most anything regarding cc, dmg, and self heals so depends on your style actually.

pvp scoundrel is a stun + upfront burst based class. In all mmos this type is weak without gear (upfront burst isn't high enough) but great with very good to great gear. I've mained sins in a few games and that is jsut how it is. Ppl that aren't geared will say UP but that is just the problem with an upfront burst class that uses heavy CC. Also scoundrel is pretty easymode with gear since you take huge chunks of health off while your opponent is stunned and you have stealth. If you are going to twink and you are willing at 50 to do the gear grind while being less than most then you will be fine.

GS is a lot of fun even without gear and can still be a major threat without gear. You can top the charts easily in aoe specs (however they aren't as good in even matches) or you can take out a cross healed healer in ST spec. I love GS. Also as long as marauders/jugs are popular sniper is great.

pvp scoundrel is a stun + upfront burst based class. In all mmos this type is weak without gear (upfront burst isn't high enough) but great with very good to great gear. I've mained sins in a few games and that is jsut how it is. Ppl that aren't geared will say UP but that is just the problem with an upfront burst class that uses heavy CC. Also scoundrel is pretty easymode with gear since you take huge chunks of health off while your opponent is stunned and you have stealth. If you are going to twink and you are willing at 50 to do the gear grind while being less than most then you will be fine.

GS is a lot of fun even without gear and can still be a major threat without gear. You can top the charts easily in aoe specs (however they aren't as good in even matches) or you can take out a cross healed healer in ST spec. I love GS. Also as long as marauders/jugs are popular sniper is great.

^this sums it up nicely.

I have a 50scoundrel. I've done both healing and dps (scrapper). Without a doubt I looooove playing scrapper. I finally have decent gear and can hold my own. My damage output is not the best, but if you're pvping then you should know having top damage is meaningless if you're letting people arm, cap, score on you. It's all about objectives and having that stealth and shoot first/back blast plus the nut-kick makes me a foe to be reckoned with. Just a side note: scrapped scoundrel is more for fast killing in a 1vs1 fight, and Dirty Fighting is more for sustained fights