The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Yeah, this game sure is losing people...

Lium

So, last night on the Republic fleet there were 217 people on and well over 100 on Coruscant. While questing on Taris there was close to 50. Yes, boring Taris. Fifty peeps.

Warzones were instant pops. No exaggerating. I'd click the little icon on my minimap, choose queue solo, and the WZ would pop the second I clicked the solo button. This is on Prophecy of the Five. And because a lot of you will say pics or didn't happen, I linked a screenshot to it. Check the number in the top left hand corner. It may not look that crowded but it was. It reminded me a lot of the old Ironforge days in classic WoW. (As a tragic consequence to my gawking, Kira and I were ran over by a speeder just as I was taking the pic.)

Haters will always hate, but I think the reports of SWTOR's demise were greatly exaggerated.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wish our servers where like that.

20 people on Fleet. 5 people on Courscent, 1 on Taris. 3 hour long waits for popping on 50+ and around 30 minutes for below 50, then with usually unmatched teams. It's pretty dreadful.

Wish our servers where like that.

20 people on Fleet. 5 people on Courscent, 1 on Taris. 3 hour long waits for popping on 50+ and around 30 minutes for below 50, then with usually unmatched teams. It's pretty dreadful.

What server is that? on droogas there's 230 on fleet and usually a 2nd instance with over 100 more at peak times. 150-200 on capital worlds and taris can have up to 100 I seen 146 on voss last week.

So, last night on the Republic fleet there were 217 people on and well over 100 on Coruscant. While questing on Taris there was close to 50. Yes, boring Taris. Fifty peeps.

Warzones were instant pops. No exaggerating. I'd click the little icon on my minimap, choose queue solo, and the WZ would pop the second I clicked the solo button. This is on Prophecy of the Five. And because a lot of you will say pics or didn't happen, I linked a screenshot to it. Check the number in the top left hand corner. It may not look that crowded but it was. It reminded me a lot of the old Ironforge days in classic WoW. (As a tragic consequence to my gawking, Kira and I were ran over by a speeder just as I was taking the pic.)

Haters will always hate, but I think the reports of SWTOR's demise were greatly exaggerated.

Out of 2.4 Million people that bought the game ~500k players are left. That kinda of disproves your post no?

What server is that? on droogas there's 230 on fleet and usually a 2nd instance with over 100 more at peak times. 150-200 on capital worlds and taris can have up to 100 I seen 146 on voss last week.

Gav Daragon on Pacific Asia on a weekday.

Out of 2.4 Million people that bought the game ~500k players are left. That kinda of disproves your post no?

they have more then double then EVE has

The population has been holding steady since the server mergers

..... so... no

Edited by jarjarloves

People say the game is doomed with 200k subs if it's lucky.

Others say, just like they have since beta, that everything is rosy, things are great and only getting better, subs are around 1 million.

The truth is probably somewhere in between.

Glad to see players in the game. I remember how it was before the merges in F2P, the server I was on was a ghost town.

..... so... no

So no...what? No to what he said, or no that the game is losing subs...or is no longer losing subs...

What is the prevalent propaganda from the doomsayers and the fanbois now a days?

I can tell you one thing I'm sure of. Full of lies and assumptions on BOTH sides.

On the fatman, at around 10PM server time last night it got down into the 70's on fleet. warzone pops are starting to take longer and longer, and often times, warzones don't fill up. Its starting to feel oddly similar to april / may.

East and West coast pvp and rp/pvp servers were all standard but all the other 8 american servers were heavy or very heavy when i checked last night , just pvp players have left really.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

The Shadowlands, fleet at least; From what i see there are times when its lower (50ish) but that's usually when i log in at work. Prime time on most nights i see 200+ people, and often a second phase of it (phase the right word?) meaning one filled and the other often has another 50-150 people.

Well, I feel the price drop was a good move. It's why Im here. If I hear they are going to add some replayable "sandboxy" features I might even sub.

I'm going to have to hear something different than "we are adding more endgame" for me to plop down my sub though. The game is just not engaging enough otherwise.

I never let sub numbers determine how much I enjoy an MMO.

I'd rather play with a smaller number of loyal players, than fair-weather ill-tempered people who were 'waiting on that other game' and using this one to fill the time.

This game will flourish, when it's full to the brim with people who love it for what it is....and what it will become in the future.

Edited by JediElf

I was pleasantly surprised to find multiple instances on Belsavis last night. I thought with all of the hype around GW2 planets like Bel would be empty. 3 instances on Bel in the late evening.

Peeps tend to exaggerated a great deal and haters will hate regardless. All is well on my server.

Edited by Rafaman

I was pleasantly surprised to find multiple instances on Belsavis last night. I thought with all of the hype around GW2 planets like Bel would be empty. 3 instances on Bel in the late evening.

Peeps ten to exaggerated a great deal and haters will hate regardless. All is well on my server.

That's one of the biggest issues I see, and really I hope the wild and often insane over exaggerations, go away in time (and that goes for gaming news sites as well).

We'll all be better for it.

East and West coast pvp and rp/pvp servers were all standard but all the other 8 american servers were heavy or very heavy when i checked last night , just pvp players have left really.

Yep. The PvP servers are dropping. The PvE servers are stable, maybe even inclining a bit.

None of this should be a surprise on the weekend of GW2 early access, a mostly PvP game with much hype around it. The pleasant surprise was how busy the PvE servers remained in the same time window. The Harbinger last night actually appeared inside the server as busy as when it was tagged Full last month, yet I don't think it went beyond the Very Heavy tag in the server list. I think they have been tweaking up the server settings again (and given some of the lag and stability complaints in recent threads, further evidence). The only reason I can think of for tweaking settings at this time is in preparation for the next patch surge.

Edited by Andryah

..... so... no

No, they don't.

No, it isn't.

The overwhelming majority of players who subbed to the game have unsubbed. EA didn't decide on F2P because they saw that trend ending in profitable territory.

No, they don't.

No, it isn't.

The overwhelming majority of players who subbed to the game have unsubbed. EA didn't decide on F2P because they saw that trend ending in profitable territory.

eve has 400k world wide

350k exluding china and pay by the minute

So yeah it is

Peeps tend to exaggerated a great deal and haters will hate regardless. All is well on my server.

I experience that same thing on the servers I play on: Drooga's, Jedi Covenant & Begeren. It's a little less crowded now than it was during the event, but 3 instances on fleet and multiple instances on the more tracked planets (both Imp & Rep sides) are common. Population was a legit concern early in the year. But as you pointed out it's pretty much stabilized.

Not sure what is so important about trying to make a game or its community look bad anyway. Hazarding guesses or quoting external sources who are guessing just as much as they are (good or bad) is a ludicrous exercise. Unless paying $15.00/month for forum PvP is why they are here.

Edited by GalacticKegger

regardless of how many subs SWTOR has. I am a bit shocked that GW2 didnt do a much more noticeable dent in server loads...

lets face it many people including me was expecting total *light* loads across the board for servers yesterday since headstart is up. Also at the time of me typing this post ALL servers on GW2 are full or high so that tells you something. It will be interesting how things are a month or so from now...

Well gee, I was on Harbringer (one of the top 3 servers normally) and Black Hole never got higher then 30, rep fleet was 1 instance of 150 rather then 3 or 4 instances of 200. Didnt try PVP as a rep so cant comment on that but as a imp it was popping fairly fast but to say instantly is pure BS. Oh and at 1 am pcf (Sunday morning) Quesh had 5 on imp side! (yup, 5, not a typo)

Oh and as for Coruscant, ITS A F2P ZONE!

Doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out Coruscant and below for republic and Dromman Kass and below for Imps will have a higher number of players do to the current set up of limited F2P for TOR.

but as has been said before, week ends are weird for TOR. During the day its almost impossible to play because of the kiddies running around acting like idiots

and at night the servers have been much lighter then one would expect for week ends (My guild almost doesnt log in on week ends honestly).

But OP seems determined to insult and attack people for daring to not agree with his bias outlook so floors all yours!