Kira Carsen's Master

Orsan

So why am i constantly being referred to as Kira's master (For instance in the mission The Defector) and there's at least another reference to her being "my padawan" when kira's master is master kiwiks (not sure about the spelling) and a padawan can only have one master?

For a game selling its "rich story" it seems extremely awkward to have such a glaring mistake, or am i missing something? I've been reading on wookiepedia and while there was a time when a master could take more than one apprentice, it doesn't seem to be possible for an apprentice to have more than one master.

So why am i constantly being referred to as Kira's master (For instance in the mission The Defector) and there's at least another reference to her being "my padawan" when kira's master is master kiwiks (not sure about the spelling) and a padawan can only have one master?

For a game selling its "rich story" it seems extremely awkward to have such a glaring mistake, or am i missing something? I've been reading on wookiepedia and while there was a time when a master could take more than one apprentice, it doesn't seem to be possible for an apprentice to have more than one master.

She stopped being master Kiwiiks Padawan when she was appointed as your own Padawan, a padawan can and most likely always WILL switch masters from time to time

Well...if you'll remember...

When she's attached to your party, you're told to protect her like she's your Padawan. Though they didn't say it, from that point on, everyone in the game acts like you're her Master. It seems that even though they didn't explicitly say it, she officially becomes your Padawan.

Well...if you'll remember...

When she's attached to your party, you're told to protect her like she's your Padawan. Though they didn't say it, from that point on, everyone in the game acts like you're her Master. It seems that even though they didn't explicitly say it, she officially becomes your Padawan.

While leveling my sentinel, i was wondering about this just like OP does. Yeah, they never officially said that she's your Padawan now and i consider this as a flaw. But in fact they indeed reassigned her from Kiwiiks to you.

Edited by Trollokdamus

Well, there is precedent for this happening (a Padawan interchanging Masters). Here's a few examples:

Revan - He was trained by Master Zhar Lestin, Arren Kae and Kreia.

Obi-Wan Kenobi - If he is to be believed, he was trained by both Master Yoda and Qui-Gon Jinn

Anakin Skywalker - Was trained by Obi-Wan and, briefly, by Ki-Adi-Mundi

Aayla Secura - Was trained by Quinlan Vos and then Tholme, Vos' former Master

The Jedi Consular and Jedi Knight - Both the Jedi Consular and Jedi Knight (the class characters) seem to have had multiple Masters in the past, if you listen to the very first conversation when each arrives on Tython (with Master Syo Bakarn and Derrin Weller respectively)

There may be others. While I would imagine it is not a common practice, there is precedent for Padawans interchanging Masters during their training. From the way I perceived, while Master Kiwiks was away, she was placed into your care. You became, as it were, her temporary Master (much like Ki-Adi-Mundi was to Anakin). But, after everything you went through, it was decided she was better off under your tutelage and their she remained.

I may be spitballing here (its been a while), but i think there was a little quip before you leave Coruscant that makes it "official". Bad paraphrasing follows:

JK: Kira did great, almost like a jedi knight.

Kira: Yeah JK taught me some sweet moves, he's good at this.

Kiwiks: Well that works out great, you can have her. I'm getting coffee. (made that up)

It may have been Shan that "confirmed" it, I dont remember. The basic gist is I seem to remember a conversation along those lines where you and Kira praise each other and the fact you work well together. At that point she's pushed to you on the principle of Master Kiwiks established the training all ready (so you cant really screw it up) and Kira would be of more use to a fresh Knight than a council member. That's the impression I seem to remember getting forever and a day ago when I went through on my JK.

Edited by Kellan

When you go to the council to tell them Kira's a Sith, you can ask to leave her behind, but they won't let you. Shan says that Kira's best off with her Master (you). I w9uld have left her there to rot, but that's just me :D