Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Doom vs Fun

Nyghtfal

Two weeks ago, I canceled my membership for the first time since head start began last December. With the dwindling subscriber numbers, layoffs, senior staff departures, I simply lost interest in the game.

A few days ago, I had a heart-to-heart with my wife, who also plays. She told me that, after sharing all the negative headlines with her, she's found herself losing interest as well, and she was still having fun. Feeling frustrated, she asked me not to share any bad press about whatever MMO we find to pay together next.

Suffice it to say, I felt really bad for her, and upset with myself for letting the doom and gloom get to me. So, I renewed my membership last week, and rolled a new Sith Inquisitor. I'm focusing on my own enjoyment, the thrill of being Sith, and ignoring the bad press.

You know something? I'm having a lot more fun now. :)

Two weeks ago, I canceled my membership for the first time since head start began last December. With the dwindling subscriber numbers, layoffs, senior staff departures, I simply lost interest in the game.

A few days ago, I had a heart-to-heart with my wife, who also plays. She told me that, after sharing all the negative headlines with her, she's found herself losing interest as well, and she was still having fun. Feeling frustrated, she asked me not to share any bad press about whatever MMO we find to pay together next.

Suffice it to say, I felt really bad for her, and upset with myself for letting the doom and gloom get to me. So, I renewed my membership last week, and rolled a new Sith Inquisitor. I'm focusing on my own enjoyment, the thrill of being Sith, and ignoring the bad press.

That is a great real life story about the game! Thanks for sharing that. :)

Don't let the doomers gank you now in this thread. :p

Kuddos to you Op, you gained a little insight to yourself from the experence and grew due to it. Hopefully you will find the wisdom to incorporate this into your eveyday life.

Indeed. This is called making a decision based on personal reflection and value assessment. The game is good, but too many people make quick decisions based on something that someone else said or something that's going on behind the scenes.

Granted, it's a little disheartening, but I have fun playing the game. That's what matters. It's a video game.

You have atleast learned something new, which is always good.

Speaking of Doom, how about a planet with constant stream of zombies/husks/whatevers where you wont go out of combat for 20-30 minutes at a time when you move through tunnels/corridors towards your objects. Relatively easily killed but loads of them. Fun when designed properly?

You have atleast learned something new, which is always good.

Speaking of Doom, how about a planet with constant stream of zombies/husks/whatevers where you wont go out of combat for 20-30 minutes at a time when you move through tunnels/corridors towards your objects. Relatively easily killed but loads of them. Fun when designed properly?

Yeah, that sounds awesome, especially with the husks. There's an ME3 Operation this weekend as well, so that's what I should be playing. Thanks for the reminder lol

As for SW:TOR, that definitely sounds like fun. It sounds like a cool chain pull that would be like a more intense Kaon Under Siege. BioWare could've made the "Promised Land" on Taris like that.

Indeed. This is called making a decision based on personal reflection and value assessment. The game is good, but too many people make quick decisions based on something that someone else said or something that's going on behind the scenes.

Granted, it's a little disheartening, but I have fun playing the game. That's what matters. It's a video game.

Ok i think this maybe a sign of the appocalypse. I live in the "burgh" and you and i can't agree. Its like dogs and cats living together, it'll tear a hole in the space-time continum, please for the love of humanity lets not let it occur again.

Why let other people's opinions decide whether you like a game or not? There's a lot of small time MMOs out there with a fraction of the staff, and no money but they chug along.

You think a few lay offs and a couple 100k subscribes leaving a giant like TOR will really effect the game in such a way?

Look at SWG. Was huge when it came out, NGE hit, lasted 5 or 6 more years after losing more then 2 thirds its population.

Ok i think this maybe a sign of the appocalypse. I live in the "burgh" and you and i can't agree. Its like dogs and cats living together, it'll tear a hole in the space-time continum, please for the love of humanity lets not let it occur again.

If you live in the "burgh," then allow me to grab my armaments and we'll meet in Harrisburg to decide the victor.

Why let other people's opinions decide whether you like a game or not? There's a lot of small time MMOs out there with a fraction of the staff, and no money but they chug along.

You think a few lay offs and a couple 100k subscribes leaving a giant like TOR will really effect the game in such a way?

Look at SWG. Was huge when it came out, NGE hit, lasted 5 or 6 more years after losing more then 2 thirds its population.

Hey Seli!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.