Bonus healing 790+

SithBongious

Currently my bonus healing is 791.3, with my AOE ticks on myself going from 523-942.

While on the fleet tonight, i asked in /1 chat for a healer to join our group as i was DPS, and was asking for a healer with 790+ bonus healing pst if keen etc...

Anyways, i started to get flamed at this point on my server and ridiculed being told its not possible etc etc...

Why is it that someone who uses innervate to heal for 10k+ in a single heal, 10k + in a Dark Infusion heal, and recieve 942 ticks from my AOE get so berated?

Is it because im currently the servers most highest healing Sorc? But i just wanted opinions from my sorc ppl

Screenshot with 790 Bonus healing - No Relic/No Adrenal -> http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/610/proofnxd.jpg

Screenshot with 930 Bonus healing - Yes Relic/Adrenal popped -> http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/1406/relicadrenalstats.jpg

Edited by SithBongious

Post a screenshot, because your server was right to flame you. Not possible. I'm full campaign, bh with all the best stats, and the lowest endurance stats to maximize pwr, wp...and my bonus healing is at 722.1. Even if my theorycrafting if off by a bit, it's not going to be off by 68. I have 1940 wp and 799 power.

In order to make up that 68, you would need 485 pts of willpower, or 400 pts of power. Or a combination of both. Once again, not possible.

When I pop my campaign power relic which adds 315 pts of power, my bonus heals goes to 781.6. And further, if you pop an adrenal, you will go past 790, but not on a consistant basis. You can achieve this for 15s only, and it is hardly debatable in general chat.

So for all intents and purposes, your server was right to flame you. You are basically stating that you can do something consistantly that you can only actually do maybe twice a fight.

My power is 1303

Willpower 1965

Force Power 1265

Bonus Healing WITHOUT Adrenal/Relic is 791.3

I still have a green level 49 Earpiece.

With Zero class buffs stims or relics or adrenals, my Base Bonus healing is 715ish.

So again i ask you my fellow sorcs why is this such a bad thing, but the first two replies Ive had here were very similar things that were said on my server i really dont understand it

Not a sorc, But grats on getting your stats awesomely balanced.

Can i ask how much crit/surge you have given up for that much raw healing? and does this set up work better or worse for you in ops?

Not being snarky, Just curious to see how your overall stats balance out.

Here a screenshot far out man... Any one back to main question on my topic and why am i being ridiculed?

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/5731/proofrr.jpg

Probably because they don't sac that much crit, One of my guilds sage healers has stats close to yours but with 41% crit (which he thinks is your god stat)

Honestly if it works for you just go with it.

EDIT: why have you editted out your buffs?

Edited by Karasuko

Probably because they don't sac that much crit, One of my guilds sage healers has stats close to yours but with 41% crit (which he thinks is your god stat)

Honestly if it works for you just go with it.

EDIT: why have you editted out your buffs?

My buffs are there ? i edited out my player name?! DIdnt you notice i was targeting myself and removed the name? :S

http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/610/proofnxd.jpg

Edited by SithBongious

Not a sorc, But grats on getting your stats awesomely balanced.

Can i ask how much crit/surge you have given up for that much raw healing? and does this set up work better or worse for you in ops?

Not being snarky, Just curious to see how your overall stats balance out.

Heya Karasuko. Even with the 5% crit chance buff, im still below 30. When the 27 gears come out with Denova NiM and the new Ops, then my WP should boost gradully enough to bring my crit to 30%, if it doesnt, its not a prob.

Surge on the other hand is at 79% and this is a stat i have not tried to spec into at all, just through the enhancements and my offhand do they come with Surge. But its worked out well. I have a screenshot also ive posted here if you like to have a glance !

Post a screenshot, because your server was right to flame you. Not possible. I'm full campaign, bh with all the best stats, and the lowest endurance stats to maximize pwr, wp...and my bonus healing is at 722.1. Even if my theorycrafting if off by a bit, it's not going to be off by 68. I have 1940 wp and 799 power.

In order to make up that 68, you would need 485 pts of willpower, or 400 pts of power. Or a combination of both. Once again, not possible.

When I pop my campaign power relic which adds 315 pts of power, my bonus heals goes to 781.6. And further, if you pop an adrenal, you will go past 790, but not on a consistant basis. You can achieve this for 15s only, and it is hardly debatable in general chat.

So for all intents and purposes, your server was right to flame you. You are basically stating that you can do something consistantly that you can only actually do maybe twice a fight.

Theres the screenshot -> http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/610/proofnxd.jpg

So imagine that I then go and pop my Campaign Relic +315 then my Exotech Triage Adrenal for +535 !

You said reaching 790 is only possible WITH RELIC AND ADRENAL combined right?

Theres my 2nd screenshot with the relic/adrenal used -> http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/1406/relicadrenalstats.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now my stats are here, my original question/point for thread. Was i so wrong to ask for a healer to join our group who has a Bonus heal of 790+? Since im not a very huge poster here, I thought i would ask the sorc people here, and again im still getting yelled at.

Confused here.

Edited by SithBongious

I guess yeah you were wrong to be asking for someone with heals that high.

Most people are either

A) not that geared.

b) running a more balanced stat break down.

I've cleared most content with alot less on my healer. just abit shy of 700 bonus heals stimmed.

How can your power be so extremely high? Very impressed.

Guessing pvp pieces and bonuses?

Man, I would love to see all your gear to learn how to reproduce that!

The OP could post a askmrrobot for us if he is feeling generous! I'd love to get my sage to around that level (I'm not a big fan of crit myself).

I am not 100% up to date on sorc heals stats, but most other classes, would never stack that much surge, with that little crit... the two go hand in hand, so you probably would notice far better hps by dropping some of your power and increasing your crit, or even dropping some surge for alacrity.

The OP could post a askmrrobot for us if he is feeling generous! I'd love to get my sage to around that level (I'm not a big fan of crit myself).

Hi Ejou ! Ive not heard of askmrrobot - What does it mean to post a askmrrobot?

And myself also, not such a fan of crit, bigger overall heals leads to less need for crit. But everyone has their own playstyle which is also really cool !

I am not 100% up to date on sorc heals stats, but most other classes, would never stack that much surge, with that little crit... the two go hand in hand, so you probably would notice far better hps by dropping some of your power and increasing your crit, or even dropping some surge for alacrity.

Yeah this.

Why would alacrity help me to do anything as a healer other than burn through my heals quicker?

Im just wanting to find out if its bad to ask for a 790+ bonus healing healer

Some of the most unsubtle e-peening I've seen in a while.

if you evened out your stats (drop about 475 or so power and put it into crit/alacrity) you could fairly easily give yourself another 5% crit and 10% alacrity for a loss of only 10% of your total bonus healing.. while the idea of "not needing to crit so often" is great in theory, in practice you'll find that beefing your bonus healing enough to outweigh the benefits of crit and alacrity isn't possible.

At the risk of doing math, a 5% increase to crit with your surge rating is around 4% (varying based on chance) total heals, and i'm pretty sure the 26 bonus healing you'd lose transferring power to crit is worth a lot less than that 4% (can't confirm because i don't have an equation for factoring bonus healing into total heals per second).

Personally I'd suggest trading around 325 power or so for alacrity, giving you another 10% alacrity. I know people tend to look down on alacrity, and obviously you don't want to go overboard with it, but that 10% does help, imo. For example, 10% alacrity reduces Dark Infusion's cast time by .3 seconds, which is more than having a talent point in Dark Mending.

As for surge, well, you probably don't want to move any more than 25 points out of surge rating (if any at all), or it will drop you below 75%. Because it takes so little to reach optimal surge, though, it's really more a matter of preference. The difference you'll see moving points from surge is minimal.

Also, for reference: increasing your Willpower to 2200 will only increase your crit chance by a little over 1%, so don't count on just your primary stat for getting 30% unbuffed chance

Why would alacrity help me to do anything as a healer other than burn through my heals quicker?

Im just wanting to find out if its bad to ask for a 790+ bonus healing healer

I know people say that alacrity just makes you burn through resources, but if you're keeping Consumption in your rotation (which ops healers should), then it doesn't matter at all. You're still using the same use:gain ratio for your force pool, you're just doing it more efficiently. And the rate at which you use your heal rotation is limited by circumstance, too. So basically all alacrity does is give you the option to burn through your force quicker if you need to. If you don't need to, then don't. It's that simple.

Hi Ejou ! Ive not heard of askmrrobot - What does it mean to post a askmrrobot?

And myself also, not such a fan of crit, bigger overall heals leads to less need for crit. But everyone has their own playstyle which is also really cool !

Create an account, spend one time creating your gear set and then share !

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/

Even if you don't use it for this thread (seeing the course it's taken isn't what you wanted) its good to be familiar with.

In regards to people not answering your question, I think they have indirectly. Yes it's unusual to ask for 790 bonus healing because most PvE healers will balance out their stats to offer more is versatility.

Although alacrity doesn't offer more HpF(heals per force point) it undoubtedly increases your HpS. This cn often be the difference between life and death etc.

TLDR: Although the thread has become less constructive, in short, +790 bonus healing is too specific/unusual to ask for.