Darth revans mask?

Newyankalt

I just noticed this after reading the revan novel but is the mask that's supposed to belong to revan in grathans estate real or fake? In the book metra delivered that mask to revan on dromond kaas and he wore it when fighting the emperor. Now it's possible the emperor could have took it from him and later grathan stole it.

But in the foundry quest revan has his mask back now how would he get the one from grathans estate back from the revanites when he wasn't on dromond kaas? Or did revan get a new mask all together.

The way I see it, there are two possibilities, both of which have been highlighted:

- The mask in Granthan's estate is a fake

- The Revanites managed to get the mask back to Revan

I'm more inclined to believe option number 2, the Revanites managed to get the mask back to him. I doubt Bioware would have overlooked it. In order to get the mask from the Revanites, Revan would not have to have travelled to Dromund Kaas. The Revanites were a vast collection of individuals, not just those few we meet on Kaas. That and the fact the Empire cannot identify the vast majority of the Revanites (them being all secret and all) means that they are free to travel about the galaxy as they see fit, more or less. It's quite conceivable that they could have ferreted the mask off Kaas and to Revan via some means, especially given the several high ranking members we saw.

Or! We could be boring and assume the mask was a fake, with the real mask being stashed somewhere easily accessible. Or maybe he keeps spares. Or maybe the one he's wearing is the fake! Plot twist! :eek:

The way I see it, there are two possibilities, both of which have been highlighted:

- The mask in Granthan's estate is a fake

- The Revanites managed to get the mask back to Revan

I'm more inclined to believe option number 2, the Revanites managed to get the mask back to him. I doubt Bioware would have overlooked it. In order to get the mask from the Revanites, Revan would not have to have travelled to Dromund Kaas. The Revanites were a vast collection of individuals, not just those few we meet on Kaas. That and the fact the Empire cannot identify the vast majority of the Revanites (them being all secret and all) means that they are free to travel about the galaxy as they see fit, more or less. It's quite conceivable that they could have ferreted the mask off Kaas and to Revan via some means, especially given the several high ranking members we saw.

Or! We could be boring and assume the mask was a fake, with the real mask being stashed somewhere easily accessible. Or maybe he keeps spares. Or maybe the one he's wearing is the fake! Plot twist! :eek:

He acted suprised when you mention the Revanites though and I think he said that he had never heard of them.

That's it! The Cash Shop! I bet you it's a secret Rakatan facility that is able to mass produce amenities and collectibles on a massive scale! Perhaps called... The Factory? No doubt Revan sent Zaalbaar to run the facility, and he's using it to farm a hideous amount of currency. For what, you ask? Who can say.

• 3 weeks later...
I just noticed this after reading the revan novel but is the mask that's supposed to belong to revan in grathans estate real or fake? In the book metra delivered that mask to revan on dromond kaas and he wore it when fighting the emperor. Now it's possible the emperor could have took it from him and later grathan stole it.

But in the foundry quest revan has his mask back now how would he get the one from grathans estate back from the revanites when he wasn't on dromond kaas? Or did revan get a new mask all together.

If you pay close attention to the dialogue options in the Foundry, you can say that on DK, there was a cult founded in his honour, which Revan says that he is aware of. For me, this ALWAYS implied that someone within the cult was aware that he was set free and was able to get the mask back to him. I honestly doubt he was able to get to DK, check on old friends and made aware of said cult. ;)

its the mask of tulak hord originally right? i read somewhere that Revan's mask was Tulak Hord's, so dont go near masked Revan with Khem Val!

The mask belonged to some random mandalorian chick, that got killed during the Cathar genocide, for siding with the Cathar. Revan found the mask after that event, put it on and... magic happened. :)

• 3 years later...
It's possible still I'm saying it's fake.

The revanites thought revan was dead only the emperor and a handful of people knew revan was in stasis. If revan was free how did the revanites actually know he was free.

This mission has got me interested, I had to give the mask to the male Revanite whom said the Female Leader of the Revanites was crazy and wanted to become the Revanite Emperor. "He or she that wears the mask allows Darth Revan's Ghost to inhabit them." Was the feeling that I got when I returned the mask in my PCer.

The mask belonged to some random mandalorian chick, that got killed during the Cathar genocide, for siding with the Cathar. Revan found the mask after that event, put it on and... magic happened. :)

Exactly, the mask was not Revan's at all but the Mandalorian Vindicator's Battle Mask. One would be tied into both the Sith and the Mandalorian Force Ghosts I would have to assume. Perhaps even Valkorian himself.

"On Dromund Kaas, there was a cult founded in your honor."

"So I've heard. Not what I would have wanted, given the things I did."

It's important to remember that the Revanites were a very secretive group at this point in the story. That he had even heard of them implies that they (or one of their agents) met with him and likely delivered the mask.

As Major Pathel states, many join the Revanites because it is seen a shortcut to being a Moff or a Darth. This implies that Tari has already managed to get Revanites in those positions.

Someone on Malgus' crew was one of these Revanites. If you tell Moff Phennir that the Jedi in the Foundry was Revan, he confirms that they knew all along. Clearly Phennir and Malgus were not Revanites, but someone in their employ almost certainly was. When Revan was freed from Maelstrom Prison, he or she contacted the Order of Revan and had them deliver the mask to the Foundry prior to the attack.

Revan lost his mask when the emperor took him captive, over the years it came to reside on Lord Grathans estate in his private collection. You as a Sith or otherwise as an imperial player ultimately end up reclaiming the mask and handling it over to the Revanites. And it is likely to be the factual mask as a sith inquisitor comments on being able to feel the force energy within it, relics from powerful force users are known to house their essence over time so the mask being a fake when a force sensitive identifies it as a powerful artifact is unlikely.

Now move to meeting with Revan at the foundry the first time as an Imperial player trying to reason with him, Revan is fully aware of the fact that the Revanites exist, it is entirely possible that Tari Darkspanner who either escaped from her captivity at the end of the Revanite quest chain (darkside) or who was never captured to begin with (lightside) could have met with Revan sometime between Revan being freed and your attack on the foundry.

Given the fact that Tari Darkspanner is a part of Revans army in Shadow of Revan and is actually fairly high ranking within it they have obviously not only met but united for Revans cause (in fact after you defeat her the journal entry says as much I still feel betrayed..) so it's likely that she either delivered the mask to him herself or had one of the many Revanites within the empire do so for her, it was said during the quest chain that the mask had a much greater desitny in the works after you delivered it so it is entirely possible that the Revanites had already worked out Revans location while he was still imprisoned.

...the mask still looks better on me *grumbles about only getting a replica*

Edited by Aryalandi

Now move to meeting with Revan at the foundry the first time as an Imperial player trying to reason with him, Revan is fully aware of the fact that the Revanites exist, it is entirely possible that Tari Darkspanner who either escaped from her captivity at the end of the Revanite quest chain (darkside) or who was never captured to begin with (lightside) could have met with Revan sometime between Revan being freed and your attack on the foundry.

Given the fact that Tari Darkspanner is a part of Revans army in Shadow of Revan and is actually fairly high ranking within it they have obviously not only met but united for Revans cause (in fact after you defeat her the journal entry says as much I still feel betrayed..) so it's likely that she either delivered the mask to him herself or had one of the many Revanites within the empire do so for her, it was said during the quest chain that the mask had a much greater desitny in the works after you delivered it so it is entirely possible that the Revanites had already worked out Revans location while he was still imprisoned.

Its unlikely Tari Darkspanner herself was actually the one who gave it to Revan, however. Before the events at the Foundry, Revan wanted nothing to do with the cult, though he had heard of them (see his Foundry dialogue and his dialogue at Rakata Prime). Tari remained unaware that Revan *wasn't* the Emperor until Revan contacted her and asked her to expand the Order of Revan into the Revanites (see the Codex). Therefore, Revan's Dark Side Body was the one who contacted Tari, and thus she couldn't have known about him until after he split.

However, this still works. Remember that the Tari rarely directly intervenes with the Revanites, and tends to send them out on their own after "graduation". If a Revanite survivor of Taral V or Maelstrom Prison, or an Imperial on Malgus' team contacted Ladra or the historian about the mask, they could see it delivered to Revan.

Now it gets even more interesting. The above assumption keeps Tari in the dark about Revan, as per the codex. So where was she during this time that she didn't hear about Revan surviving? She was either hiding to avoid tipping Sandor off to her duplicity (light side) or being led to the Dark Council for interrogation (Dark side). So how does she escape? Forged Alliances gives us the answer--Arkous freed her. And in doing so, explains one of the major continuity bugs in the story.

I believe Arkous was flipped early in his career as a Sith by Tari, and was being groomed as a potential Dark Councilor for years. Why? Remember that up until Dark!Revan contacts Tari after the Foundry, she and the Revanites believed he was the Emperor and the Dark Council was holding him hostage. In other words, Arkous was building rapport with the Council even as a Lord and mid-tier Darth in hopes that in time he would be promoted to the Dark Council and then he could free Revan. But wait, it gets better.

He thought he'd need an army to defeat the Dark Council, so the plan was to use an army of rakata-powered cyborgs to do the job. Arkous had access to half the tech on Korriban, but couldn't get it because he wasn't yet on the Dark Council. We all know what happens next: war breaks out and the Foundry is raided. Revan dies, Dark!Revan is reborn and comes to Tari in a vision, encouraging her to leave Dromund Kaas and spread the word to everyone, Republic included. He also reveals that he's not the Emperor, but instead planning to kill the Emperor. Darok is recruited and he and Arkous plan to raid each others' home planets for the rakata artifacts. Effectively they repurpose Arkous' original to help Revan bolster his followers.

THAT'S why Darok says the plan has been put together over decades--it's a plan Arkous has been working on for YEARS! And that's why Revan said Arkous and Darok were important to the "cause", but that their death won't slow him down. Their plan wouldn't help Revan's ultimate goal on Yavin or even Rishi, since it was originally intended for something else entirely.

I can't really TLDR this thing, but that's my best guess for how it all fits together, incorporating the new SoR lore into the story.