Looking for a 5k hit

MatticusFinch

Heya PTs, this is a general shout out to get some advice to get a vanity 5k hit medal in warzones. I'm a vanguard and posted a similar thread on that forum, but wanted to get your input. Here's the background:

My current character is this (should be able to see gear, spec, stats, etc): http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/7ea80818-84d6-4387-9d66-984099d91ace

My current range for HiB crits is 3.8-4.4k, on the norm. If I'm taunted, I'll hit a little less, if I get the red buff candy I'll hit for more, but that's obvious. The point here is that I'm still rather shy of the 5k hits yet I do see an occassional PT/VG I play in rateds hit that number. I'm not complaining that I'm not doing good damage, because I still put out good numbers overall. I just want to know what people who are hitting 5k are doing to get it. I ask because I'm close to maxing gear out so there's got to be something more specific than that.

Here are my thoughts, I can stand to lose some surge (~80) and, even more so, crit because of the set bonus from the eliminator making up for it. In its place, I'd put power, since that doesn't hard cap. Suggesting that I switch to power augments instead of aim isn't a good boost either as bonus damage would only go up 6 points, and I'd lose about 1.0% crit. In practice, this means swapping out the crit/surge relic with the WH power one. I'll augment the WH pieces when I get them with Advanced Reflex Augment 22.

So, any help y'all can offer?

Thanks!

Edited by MatticusFinch

Get bloodthirst from a marauder and you should hit 5k no problem.

That's a great point. I'm sure with bloodthirst (inspiration for repubs) and/or the red damage boost candy it wouldn't be so far a stretch. I can't speak for certain on this but I think my best hit with just the red candy was north of 4.8k, so I think I'm fairly close with the bonus 15% from either of those temp buffs.

I'm still curious if there's a chance to hit this without outside help in the form of temporary buffs, thoughts on that?

Edited by MatticusFinch

That's a great point. I'm sure with bloodthirst (inspiration for repubs) and/or the red damage boost candy it wouldn't be so far a stretch. I can't speak for certain on this but I think my best hit with just the red candy was north of 4.8k, so I think I'm fairly close with the bonus 15% from either of those temp buffs.

I'm still curious if there's a chance to hit this without outside help in the form of temporary buffs, thoughts on that?

Yes you can hit it easily if you find a recruit wearing sorc/sage. OFC if you talk to everyone they will claim that we hit for 5k all the time even on full defensive specced tanks.

4-4.5K is about where one should be hitting against most players, who are wearing Battlemaster or higher. Whenever I hit north of 5K I know I'm fighting against an undergeared player, so that takes away from the excitement. There's no thrill in shooting through a sheet of paper.

You will need much more power, around 1150 primary before you start hitting 5k's regularly. Biggest hit ive recorded was a 5.8k hit which like people said was against an under geared person maybe with the marauder thing, but i do hit people quite often for just over 5k, even Shadow Tanks ive hit for 5k.

You will need much more power, around 1150 primary before you start hitting 5k's regularly. Biggest hit ive recorded was a 5.8k hit which like people said was against an under geared person maybe with the marauder thing, but i do hit people quite often for just over 5k, even Shadow Tanks ive hit for 5k.

How much crit or expertise do you give up to stack power that high?

Your Power is way to low to be hitting 5k consistently. You need to optimize your gear.

Your gear needs alot of work but start by switching all your mods to War Hero's Agile Mod 26

Edited by eldakoos

the 7/3/31 spec should give you an extra 200-300 to your rail shot too if you're not already using that. I'm normally running 4/6/31 as to spam dots more effectively in regular wzs for the shock wow effect I give people at the end of the wz when I double even the second highest damage number on the board. I normally run 7/3/31 for rateds though as its better for focusing. Edited by BillEdwardz

My Bh got 2012 aim, 950 power and about 27% crit while buffed and i crit about 5k average in every wz. My highest so far is 6.6k railshot with expertise power up on, the guy had very low expertise value i suppose.

Also my spec is 8/8/25

My Bh got 2012 aim, 950 power and about 27% crit while buffed and i crit about 5k average in every wz. My highest so far is 6.6k railshot with expertise power up on, the guy had very low expertise value i suppose.

Also my spec is 8/8/25

I guess if you wanna gip your overall damage you can go with this guys setup, though I am kinda jealous for all those 5k medals I'm missing even though 9/10 times im on the top of the leader board for medals anyway. For an optimal setup though you're gonna want 309 or 389 crit rating. Which with all the right mods will leave you just shy of 5k rails.

Here's my current setup: http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/d35fd76a-a08d-4793-9b8a-d164cc3d15fe Side note: Mr.Robot doesn't account for stims.