The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

What will happen to Star Wars when George dies

cool-dude

I hope someone competent takes over. As long as Leland Chee still has his job, you won't have to worry about lore. I would still like to see some more movies though. Actual good ones that follow the tradition of the OT. The TOR timeline would be an excellent sandbox to play in.

I agree with George on the no Wookiee Jedi, I have a hard time imagining a Wookiee being completely calm, collected and diplomatic (A Wookiee would be intimidating). If I recall correctly Wookiees are somewhat known for their temper (Chewie was a big sweet heart).

Not according to Timothy Zahn, whom I consider a more authoritative source on the EU than Lucas.

And the "calm, collected and diplomatic" argument kind of goes out the window once you consider Barabel Jedi.

Edited by PeepsMcJuggs

Thanks in large part to the Disney Corporation lobbying every time the trademark for Mickey Mouse is about to expire, copyright extends for 70 years after the death of the creator.

Since George Lucas has declared that the story ends for him with episode VI and has left strict instructions for there to be no more films, we won't see any authentic (non-fan) movies in our lifetimes.

It stops. Lucas has explicitly stated that no more films or shows will be produced after his death.

Now, back in the day, all people would have to do is wait for the copyright to expire, but Disney has been convincing the lawmakers to extend the copyright laws every few years. I think they're up to 70 years after the artist's death. That way they can still make money off Snow White, even though it should be royalty-free at this point.

I think it is now 90 years total for copyright owned by a company.

Probably not much. Lucas only provided input on major plot points. He gives authors a lot of freedom, and only provides occasional input (like the aforementioned Wookiee Jedi...which had no reasoning beyond Lucas being racist against Wookiees).

is it racism or is it speciesism, or is it xenoism. Maybe he would be afraid of what they could do so it would be xenophobia?

Probably not much. Lucas only provided input on major plot points. He gives authors a lot of freedom, and only provides occasional input (like the aforementioned Wookiee Jedi...which had no reasoning beyond Lucas being racist against Wookiees).

Actually it was the idea of Hutts being Jedi that caused him to make the ruling he did, and he still left the door open for some Wookiee Jedi, just that it is extremely rare.

Lowbacca is an example of a Wookiee Jedi.

Actually it was the idea of Hutts being Jedi that caused him to make the ruling he did, and he still left the door open for some Wookiee Jedi, just that it is extremely rare.

Lowbacca is an example of a Wookiee Jedi.

He came out wih the announcment after Lowbacca.