The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Levelling a jugg 1.3

Nekrian

Hi All,

2 quick questions, which spec and companion combinations are best for levelling a juggernaut. I am currently level 10. I saw threads before but they seemed to be before 1.3 so I'm wondering what the up to date answer is

Thanks!

I leveled strictly as immortal used vette until i could get quin and never switched. had no problems questing doing H2+ or tanking instances. the key to managaing quinn is turning off all his dps moves and keeping him strictly as a healer, also i used oranage mod gear and world coms to keep gear up to date

Hi All,

2 quick questions, which spec and companion combinations are best for levelling a juggernaut. I am currently level 10. I saw threads before but they seemed to be before 1.3 so I'm wondering what the up to date answer is

Thanks!

At this point, my main focus would be Vengeance, with Rage an option post 40.

altough prior to 20, I'd float across all 3, once i hit 20, then I'd go vengeance all the way. Some folks like rage...its definitely doable, but Vengeance has more defensive options. Of course....massive Smash is fun :) so up to you. I like the Vengeance tree.

pre 20, id put points in these skills:

Decimate - the reduced CD and extra damage on smash is huge low end DPS boost

Enraged Sunder - extra rage off my main generator? bonus

Single saber mastery - it varies pending the stance your in, but you'll get either 6% force damage, or 3% extra defense in Soresu.

Put your remaining points in battle cry...the free scream is nice at lower levels when your rage starved. at 20 that's when Id respec and go either Vengeance or Rage. Shien form in Vengeance doesn't sound too amazing, but the rage you get from it is amazing. from that point on your really not going to have rage issues (it's possible of course if your spamming everything you can, but thats not rage efficient, nor Damage efficient). Rage gets a very tasty new attack, but even with the rage development in Sho-chi, Rage still suffers from rage starvation early on. post 20 it's not an issue in Vengeance. but either way, you'll level fine. the two differences I've noticed between the two as you level is:

Vengenace - Burning down single targets quickley, focusing on spreading damage out effectively to nearby targets as needed. Feels like a freight train steamrolling targets one at a time.

Rage - Big focus on collecting mobs, building yoru procs, and finishing with huge AoE crits to bring down. Not as effective on single targets, but if you time smashes right, looks really cool. buildup and Boom!

I would avoid Immortal at this point. they're damage has been cut enough that you feel sluggish while leveling. It was OK pre-1.3, but at this point I wouldn't recommend it unless you really like the rotation (less invovled then the DPS specs). With the damage nerf, I can kil almost twice as fast with my DPS spec then the tank spec....even with the tanks spec having a DPS companion. I actually run with a DPS companion on my Vengeance spec now...mobs die insanely fast, fast enough that I don't take one quarter the damage of what I do in my immortal spec. So until Bio wises up and realizes that it's OK for a tank spec to have damage too....I'd skip immortal for general leveling purposes. Hybrids aren't bad tho.

companion wise - pick your poison. if your going DPS spec, and want smooth leveling it's:

start to balmorra (roughly 20 or so) - Vette. cute, witty, and does crzy DPS at lower levels. keep her guns up to level, and she tears stuff apart...faster then you at that point. I actually use her to tank extra targets early on.

from the end of balmorra on, go with quinn. hes a champ healer, and really makes you feel like a juggernaut. I'm not a fan of his personality, but i learned to ignore it for the benefit of his healz.

You won't really need anyone else. if you want difference (variation, whatever), jaesa is popular once you get her. the other two are really situational, and tank style companions, which aren't as effective for our class as the others. they're doable, if you prefer the variance...but quinn is tops, with jaesa or vette as secondary.