The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

obi one and Darth Vader vs Revan and Yoda(Who would win)

DragonAgeOrgins

Revan cannot be compared becouse in his era there wasnt anyone who was at least as strong as him.

*Cough* Vitiate *Cough*

The problem you seem to have is that you believe Revan is stronger in the Force than he really is.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*Cough* Vitiate *Cough*

The problem you seem to have is that you believe Revan is stronger in the Force than he really is.

1. Revan is so strong, what makes you thinking he isnt strongest Jedi in his times.

2. Vitiate is ****** copy of Palpatine.

3. I talked about known Galaxy.

1. Revan is so strong, what makes you thinking he isnt strongest Jedi in his times.

2. Vitiate is ****** copy of Palpatine.

3. I talked about known Galaxy.

Exar Kun, Nomi Sunrider, Ulic-Qel Droma, Darth Nihilus, Vitiate and others in that time make him look like an amateur, sorry.

And let's face it, Revan was never a Jedi, he never held to their beliefs, he never agreed with their teachings, he outright ignored their warnings and he wasn't exactly Sith material either, so stop labelling him as such.

Edited by Rayla_Felana

Exar Kun, Nomi Sunrider, Ulic-Qel Droma, Darth Nihilus, Vitiate and others in that time make him look like an amateur, sorry.

I have one simple- NO. Vitiate , and Nihlus are parsites, their power is drained from other creatures, strong in Force.

By the way, Nomi was strong in her battle meditation only, so is rather compared to Bastila. Ulic and Exar were strong, I agree, but had smaller knowledge of the Force, and were idiots if we talk about tactics. For me Ulic would be defeated, after long and difficult fight, but defeated. For me Exar is equal in teh Force, so it depnds on lightsaber skills.

PS:Arguments like: Exar stoped Senat, defeated Jedi master etc, can be matched with defeating Malak, Mandalore, anihilating Nyriss, and withstandig Vitiate, or breaking powerful Forceblokade only using Force. And of course The Heart of teh Force. Kreia lied with many things within TSL, but Exile and Revan were only one she loved, like her children. She always stated that Exile was powerful than anything than she had ever seen, and still was weeker than Revan.Lies and manipulations were directed to kill Sith, arrogant old(not every)Jedi and making Exile stronger so she can follow Revan or teach Force users.Did she lied about Revan and Sith? No.

I do not make Revan new Chosen One, but i hate when someone say he was bad becouse of that, that and that. Itsidiotism. Revan would defeat Obi only using Force. Again why we even compare them. Revan is officialy stated as The most powerfull Jedi in his times, Obi can be greatest soresu user, but Revan rather use Shien and Jar'kai. And iI dont say he is greatest of all, but in his times he was greatest, u cannot regret it. He is like SW Batman, u dont like making him new Chosen One, I get it, but calling him weak is just ********. Again :READ about him in Wookiepedia.

Lets just maybe think about more probable duels, like Luke + Vader vs Yoda and Obi. Revan cannot be compared becouse in his era there wasnt anyone who was at least as strong as him. Its like puting Exar Kun here, or Darth Bane. When they lived they were the strongest . And so far , why do you think Obi can defeat Revan, what makes him so strong. I know he was powerful , but Revan had one of the greatest knowledge of the Force ever(not first place, that one has Darth Caedus), only about Darkside was greater than everything what Brotherhood of Darkness knew.

The PT Jedi Order had the greatest collection of knowledge ever assembeld. Obi-Wan Kenobi studied at the hand of great Masters like Yoda, Qui-gon Jinn, Cin Drallig and many others. Obi-Wan Kenobi was one of the greatest Jedi of his time. Revan's knowledge of the Force was insignificant compared to Obi-Wan's. Obi-Wan would literally laugh at Revan. And Luke Skywalker and Yoda have a far greater understanding of the Force than Caedus and Revan combined.

And don't use wookieepedia. It may be a good source, but anyone can edit it. Meaning that anyone can go on there and post complete lies about a character to influence people to think what they want them to think about a character.

I have one simple- NO. Vitiate , and Nihlus are parsites, their power is drained from other creatures, strong in Force.

By the way, Nomi was strong in her battle meditation only, so is rather compared to Bastila. Ulic and Exar were strong, I agree, but had smaller knowledge of the Force, and were idiots if we talk about tactics. For me Ulic would be defeated, after long and difficult fight, but defeated. For me Exar is equal in teh Force, so it depnds on lightsaber skills.

PS:Arguments like: Exar stoped Senat, defeated Jedi master etc, can be matched with defeating Malak, Mandalore, anihilating Nyriss, and withstandig Vitiate, or breaking powerful Forceblokade only using Force. And of course The Heart of teh Force. Kreia lied with many things within TSL, but Exile and Revan were only one she loved, like her children. She always stated that Exile was powerful than anything than she had ever seen, and still was weeker than Revan.Lies and manipulations were directed to kill Sith, arrogant old(not every)Jedi and making Exile stronger so she can follow Revan or teach Force users.Did she lied about Revan and Sith? No.

1. Vitiate and Nihilus used a legitamate Force technique. You disqualify them because they are immensely more powerful than Revan.

2. Exar Kun would destroy Revan. He put Luke Skywalker in a coma, as a spirit. The entire Jedi Order couldn't stop him. It took the students of Luke Skywalker to put an end to him

3. Kreia lies. I know it's so hard to believe, but she does. About everything and anything. Did Kreia say she loved them? Yes. Don't believe her. She was using the Exile... to kill... the Force. She is the ultimate liar second only to Palpatine.

4. Did she lie about Revan and Sith. Yes. She said there was no Sith Empire waiting. That's a lie. Pretty obvious one too.

And let's face it, Revan was never a Jedi, he never held to their beliefs, he never agreed with their teachings, he outright ignored their warnings and he wasn't exactly Sith material either, so stop labelling him as such.

I would like to add that our characters are stronger.

I would like to add that our characters are stronger.

Yeah, waaay stronger. I think the JC is the strongest Jedi(Force wise) of that time. And the JK is the best duelist of that time. With the SW being equivalent to the JK and SI to the JC. I doubt Revan could beat any of them.

Much stronger.

Emperor's Wrath is stronger than anyone on the council except for Nox(Controversial). Nox has the power of 2 Ancient very Sith Ghosts behind him and so on.

My Inquisitor, Darth Imperious,

has no Sith Ghosts he redeemed them and made them become one with the Force.

A bargain was made and the bargain was kept. :cool:

Edited by Tuscad

My Inquisitor, Darth Imperious,

has no Sith Ghosts he redeemed them and made them become one with the Force.

A bargain was made and the bargain was kept. :cool:

I think Nox is the canonical name for the Inquisitor. I don't know for sure. I'm betting Bioware or someone else is going to come in and give the canonical names, genders and alignments for each class.

1.Go and learn your lore fully before making such obvious mistakes in attempts to win over an argument.

2.Please learn how to separate your sentences and double check your grammar.

I think Nox is the canonical name for the Inquisitor. I don't know for sure. I'm betting Bioware or someone else is going to come in and give the canonical names, genders and alignments for each class.

Nox and the Dark Side stories(Which includes the SW) are currently assumed as canon, until an official source states otherwise.

Nox and the Dark Side stories(Which includes the SW) are currently assumed as canon, until an official source states otherwise.

Yeah that's what I was thinking. Plus Nox sounds so much cooler than the other names. I'm hoping they don't trample on too many people's vision for these characters. And don't have Drew do anything with these characters. He would probably have Revan kill them all. :(

I forgot about that but I don't know why it is assumed that way since lightside has always been canon, I know that the accepted name for the Inquisitor on Wookieepedia is Lord Kallig, the Jedi Knight is the Hero of Tython, the Jedi Consellar is the Barensuthar (whatever), and the Sith Warrior is

The Emperor's Wrath

, the Imperial Agent is Cipher Nine, I am not sure but the Bounty Hunter is either the Champion of the Great Hunt or

Mandalore's Heir

. I don't know about the Trooper or Smuggler.

I forgot about that but I don't know why it is assumed that way since lightside has always been canon, I know that the accepted name for the Inquisitor on Wookieepedia is Lord Kallig, the Jedi Knight is the Hero of Tython, the Jedi Consellar is the Barensuthar (whatever), and the Sith Warrior is

The Emperor's Wrath

, the Imperial Agent is Cipher Nine, I am not sure but the Bounty Hunter is either the Champion of the Great Hunt or

Mandalore's Heir

. I don't know about the Trooper or Smuggler.

I think it is spelled Bar'sen'thor. I just finished Chapter 2 with my Consular and I think that's how you spell it. It's a weird word though. :)

I think it is spelled Bar'sen'thor. I just finished Chapter 2 with my Consular and I think that's how you spell it. It's a weird word though. :)

I used to be able to spell Consular right but I could never spell that weird word. Congrats on finishing Chapter 2, my Consular has been on Balmorra since January because it bored me to tears (It shouldn't have because it was darksided, I was role playing a Sith Infiltrator).

I used to be able to spell Consular right but I could never spell that weird word. Congrats on finishing Chapter 2, my Consular has been on Balmorra since January because it bored me to tears (It shouldn't have because it was darksided, I was role playing a Sith Infiltrator).

The end fight is pretty epic. Keep at it and you'll see what I mean. It is a difficult fight though.

The end fight is pretty epic. Keep at it and you'll see what I mean. It is a difficult fight though.

I already saw it, I helped someone that was playing that class with that specific fight on Corellia with my Jedi Knight :p

I do not make Revan new Chosen One, but i hate when someone say he was bad becouse of that, that and that. Itsidiotism. Revan would defeat Obi only using Force. Again why we even compare them. Revan is officialy stated as The most powerfull Jedi in his times, Obi can be greatest soresu user, but Revan rather use Shien and Jar'kai. And iI dont say he is greatest of all, but in his times he was greatest, u cannot regret it. He is like SW Batman, u dont like making him new Chosen One, I get it, but calling him weak is just ********. Again :READ about him in Wookiepedia.

Lets just maybe think about more probable duels, like Luke + Vader vs Yoda and Obi. Revan cannot be compared becouse in his era there wasnt anyone who was at least as strong as him. Its like puting Exar Kun here, or Darth Bane. When they lived they were the strongest . And so far , why do you think Obi can defeat Revan, what makes him so strong. I know he was powerful , but Revan had one of the greatest knowledge of the Force ever(not first place, that one has Darth Caedus), only about Darkside was greater than everything what Brotherhood of Darkness knew.

Actually when I made my comment about who would win, it really didn't have much to do with Revan...

Input Variables

Obi Wan Kenobi was a sorseu master, that means pointless long drawn out fights where the sorseu user is incredibly hard to kill, but has very little offensive capability (in fact Sorseu's lack of offensive ability is rather well known)...

Darth Vader utilized Djem So, which is a form of Shien (which was created because Sorseu's lack of offensive capability) and is pretty big on brute force, but isn't exactly the fastest the saber technique. A skilled user of Djem So can overpower someone like Dooku, whom was into pure finese.

Yoda utilized Ataru primarily, which has a drawback in deflecting blasterfire, but due to Yoda's small size, that really isn't an issue. Ataru involves lightning quick attacks, and acrobatics, and the smaller the practicioner of Ataru is, the more effective they are likely to be due to the fact there is less of a target to swipe at.

-------------------------------------------------------

Analysis:

First as to Revan, while I don't think he's as good as Revanites claim, not be a long shot, however it's fair to say he's at least competitent with a lightsaber... While I don't think Revan could take on Darth Vader, either in suit or pre-suit, chances are he'd end up having to face off against Obi Wan.

1. Revan is at least a competitent tactician, and could probably recognize he was no match for Vader, but he could draw out a fight with Obi Wan for at least an hour or so.

2. Yoda isn't a complete idiot and knows he'd be able to take down Darth Vader a lot faster than Obi Wan Kenobi, Yoda's speed with Ataru probably outmatches Vader's slower Djem So.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Conclusion:

As long as Revan doesn't do something incredibly stupid, Yoda will have reduced Darth Vader to a scrap pile and then shown up to save Revan's neck.

This fight basically boils down to whether or not Revan is at least competitent with a lightsaber blade, because Yoda was a better duelist than either Obi Wan or Darth Vader.

So in all honesty, all Revan has to do is keep Obi Wan for 5 to 10 minutes...

Edited by GarfieldJL

A good analysis.

The alternative of course is Obi-Wan and Anakin realising this, thus swapping 'partners'. Given time Obi-Wan might be able to beat Yoda, given that his Soresu style is perfectly suited to wait out Yoda's dependence on Force enhancing-techniques, but it wouldn't be a quick fight. At the minimum, Obi-Wan would probably be able to delay him long enough for Anakin to beat Revan with his more aggressive form. Given that Anakin is the chosen one, and a skilled lightsaber duellist, it isn't unreasonable to assume he would prove victorious.

Obi-Wan and Anakin also have one major advantage here. They're used to fighting as a team; Revan and Yoda have never met. Obi-Wan is also skilled at utilising terrain and positioning to his advantage: if the fight were to move into confined spaces, not only would it hamper Yoda's acrobatic style it would also force both pairs to act as a team. The former Padawan and Master are far more likely to be able to fight without interfering with each others strokes, given their previous experience fighting as a team, whereas Revan and Yoda would have to constantly remain on guard.

The biggest advantage Yoda and Revan have is their superior skills in the Force. If given a suitably large area, they might be able to control the engagement more through use of the Force - allowing them to choose their own targets if it ever reached melee combat; although clever switches, separating the targets (the most powerful Force push in the order has to count for something) etc might allow for Obi-Wan and Anakin to prevail.

In short, it comes down greatly to the environment they're in, whether the fight is split initially into two duels or fought together, and how aptly each group works as a team.

Debatable. It is hard to really compare the two, given one comes from a video game in which it is possible to send everyone in the room flying backwards every second, and the other barely expresses many Force powers throughout the movies. Note also that I did not state Revan was more powerful in the Force, he certainly isn't, but I have yet to read anything of Anakin healing himself of severe injuries at a rapid rate, or deflecting powerful blasts of lightning back at an attacker.

Regardless, given Yoda's skill in the Force; the pair together probably do have the advantage in that aspect of the fight.

A good analysis.

The alternative of course is Obi-Wan and Anakin realising this, thus swapping 'partners'. Given time Obi-Wan might be able to beat Yoda, given that his Soresu style is perfectly suited to wait out Yoda's dependence on Force enhancing-techniques, but it wouldn't be a quick fight. At the minimum, Obi-Wan would probably be able to delay him long enough for Anakin to beat Revan with his more aggressive form. Given that Anakin is the chosen one, and a skilled lightsaber duellist, it isn't unreasonable to assume he would prove victorious.

Obi-Wan and Anakin also have one major advantage here. They're used to fighting as a team; Revan and Yoda have never met. Obi-Wan is also skilled at utilising terrain and positioning to his advantage: if the fight were to move into confined spaces, not only would it hamper Yoda's acrobatic style it would also force both pairs to act as a team. The former Padawan and Master are far more likely to be able to fight without interfering with each others strokes, given their previous experience fighting as a team, whereas Revan and Yoda would have to constantly remain on guard.

The biggest advantage Yoda and Revan have is their superior skills in the Force. If given a suitably large area, they might be able to control the engagement more through use of the Force - allowing them to choose their own targets if it ever reached melee combat; although clever switches, separating the targets (the most powerful Force push in the order has to count for something) etc might allow for Obi-Wan and Anakin to prevail.

In short, it comes down greatly to the environment they're in, whether the fight is split initially into two duels or fought together, and how aptly each group works as a team.

Key flaw in this would be the fact Yoda is probably the size of a small child, a confined area wouldn't have as much of an impact on his fighting ability as it would for a human adult sized Ataru user. Remember Obi Wan or Vader would have to fight in this confined space too, and with Yoda using a Yoda-sized lightsaber, he has the better close-in fighting saber.

Also if this fight were in a confined space, even if Revan was taken down by Vader, it's rather likely Yoda would still end up winning, because the same confined fighting area would hinder teamwork against an opponent of Yoda's size, despite the fact that Obi Wan and Vader had worked as a team before.

If Yoda was the size of Qui-Gon Jinn, then you would be correct, a fight in a confined space would result in Yoda getting killed. However, the fact that Obi Wan and Vader are significantly larger than Yoda, something that would be significantly confining to Yoda would be small enough that Obi Wan and Vader would be handicapped a lot worse than Yoda.