why skip crushing fist for pvp?

doublechees

Looking at alot of the immortal/vemg hybrid builds (17/24, 1/23 ect.) It seems all skip crushing fist, makes all affected by.your smash have 2/4 applications of armor reduction applied. Isn't that what you want ad a supporting dpec a single move that gives a big damage boost to your group? Doesnt seem to be any talents you give up for it, so why is its skipped

If you're on an immortal / vengeance defensive build, then you would be better off spending it on different talents as tanks can benefit w/ points put elsewhere. More info on the watchman site here:

http://watchmen.activeboard.com/t50144827/a-whole-guide-for-a-whole-guardian/

The build here:

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/skills/guardian#cde7j0ke8-20d2f-2

As for other dps builds, I can only imagine that since you already are in the vengeance tree w/ improved sundering assault, adding more armor reduction stacks isn't going to be a priority vs. more dps ability or more mitigation for tanks. Plus i'd rather put points into attacks that armor can't mitigate vs. adding more armor reduction talents - hope that makes sense.

Edited by Himeji_Endless

Honestly and forgive my bluntness, your post makes no sense to me. You linked a 27/12/2 build which is no way like 17/24. The big difference is in that spec tou get no rage cost on smash versus your build you dont so yes it makes sense to skip it in your build, but thats not what im talking about.

Alsi you talked about spending points to improve damahe of other abilities rhen armor reduction, when all our damage is increased through armor reduction. An d secondly you linked a build that just spends more points in immortal for extra shield chance and an inferior damage mitigation talent then the one ve ngance.

So again to restate my question, why is having an extra 2 dwfense after uaing retaliate better then applying a 20%armor reduction to multiplw targets in one gcd for no cost?

I imagine it mostly involves going deep enough into Veng to get the +60% crit on Scream/Throw, and the base 4% DR bonus, with another +15% during ED. Combine to make a pretty nice boost to both offense and defense, which i'm not sure is matched in the other trees if you still want to have Invincible.

Looking at alot of the immortal/vemg hybrid builds (17/24, 1/23 ect.) It seems all skip crushing fist, makes all affected by.your smash have 2/4 applications of armor reduction applied. Isn't that what you want ad a supporting dpec a single move that gives a big damage boost to your group? Doesnt seem to be any talents you give up for it, so why is its skipped

imao, if i would play tank- and i plan it again, i will not skip crushing fist, but i would choose full immortal, because if i pull 200 k dmg in warzone thats garbage and i wanna max my def and support abilities... for dmg are there dmg classes, i wanna protect ppl and wanna do 300k + protection...

so i would combine smash+ crushing blow, it applies in few secs 5 stacks of sunder on every enemy in range, so its like dps smash for damage, this is protection smash to boost put dps ...

hybrid are bad rly ... cannot work in rated neither in pugs ...

If your going on the hybrid spec w/o smash, impale does a better job. Enraged defense giving 15% extra damage reduc on a 45s cooldown along with 4% passive damage mitigation at all times AND Unstoppable talent giving you immunity to all CCs and additional 20% damage reduc for 4s.

The only thing i miss with full immortal is backhand, other than that the unstoppable buff makes me /lol every time someone tries to kb me when i leap.