The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

We the subscription base, are here to make a stand.

Brool

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't waste your breath. They think being ripped off is normal, therefore I wouldn't expect them to have a modicum of reading comprehension skill.

When have I been ripped off? Last I checked...they said they haven't decided whether or not, IF we have to pay for Makeb or What Makeb contains. I unlike you, like to get the FULL facts before making a reasonable decision. and as far reading comprehension....you clearly did not comprehend the title of this very thread.:eek: Talk about irony. Oh and BTW...you don't speak for me either, just to be clear.

Edited by Taorus

Just for the record, you DO NOT speak for me.

You are trying to take a stand on a "maybe" in the absence any understanding of what the scope of the content actually is (They have not yet disclosed).

I am fine wating until we actually hear what the Makeb content is (and is not) before getting all worked up about whether it morphs into a point of sale expansion OR does not.

I usually agree with you on the Forums, but they already said Makeb was gonna be free and if they are now planing to maybe take that statement back, there better be some good damn reasons because we are already paying every month and barely getting any content, in fact we are due for a new update, not just an event.

Edited by ChazDoit

Blatant American being American and assuming Americas laws apply to everyone.

You Don't need to bash Americans. I'll agree some can say silly things but it's no different where you live. It amazes me that with as close as the world has become, how far apart me are.

I don't like the fact that someone is trying to 'speak for me' either. The OP doesn't speak for me at all.

What people fail to understand, is that the current subscription is for the game as it is with the usual updates. Any new additions are new material and subject to extra charges. For those who played SWG, you didnt get your expansions for free. Neither did you lot that played WoW. Neither did people who played AoC like I did for a while. They did a mini expansion of a world and some new things, and charged for it. These things require people who need to work and need salaries paid. They are not our bishes that we can flog, just cause we pony up a few bucks a month.

I don't mind paying a bit more for new things, so long as they keep 'em coming. I think it's positively ridiculous, that so many expect this company to work for free. Would you? I doubt it.

You guys really need to take a step down off that high horse. Nowhere in his post does he claim that he speaks for anyone other than himself. The title merely alludes that there are others that feel the same way that he does, which there are.

Calm down. The Bill of Rights is still intact and you are safe from the communists.

P.S. I will estimate a 65% chance that I cancel my subscription if I'm expected to pay for Makeb unless it is a major overhaul (I'm talking big time sandbox elements with really interesting and in-depth open world PvP aspects).

Then you have a reading comrehension problem...READ THE TITLE OF THE THREAD.

PS 100% chance I truly truly truly...truly don't not care in any way shape or form if you quit.

TLDR: Flyers Suck...Rangers for the win.:p

Actually, if you read more than the title, you would see this:

[...SNIP...]

That being said, I feel very disappointed about the incoming information that they may be charging for the Makeb update. [...SNIP...]

The rest is what subscribers have come to expect as a whole, from previous MMO experience. But when he says the words: "feel", "understand", these are preempted by the noun, "I". He was not saying he speaks for everyone, flyersfan said it best, the title just alludes that other people feel the same way, and many do, go check out the other thread.

That said, for a group of people who claim to wait for everything to be on the table and have all the facts. You guys sure seem to read a title, the first couple of sentences, and then jump to conclusions in the same thread yourselves... Sheesh. :rolleyes:

They have very explicitly stated that IT IS NOT AN EXPANSION. I bet the new planet will maybe take us four-five hours tops to complete. So yeah, no for paying for this update.

However, Ill pay Bioware if they released WORLD PVP already. FFS atleast tell us if this feature will ever be included or your zero engine will never handle it? Then I can just unsub and let this game rot. I mean, all Im asking for is the "WARS' in Star WARS.

Actually, if you read more than the title, you would see this:

The rest is what subscribers have come to expect as a whole, from previous MMO experience. But when he says the words: "feel", "understand", these are preempted by the noun, "I". He was not saying he speaks for everyone, flyersfan said it best, the title just alludes that other people feel the same way, and many do, go check out the other thread.

That said, for a group of people who claim to wait for everything to be on the table and have all the facts. You guys sure seem to read a title, the first couple of sentences, and then jump to conclusions in the same thread yourselves... Sheesh. :rolleyes:

Truly funny when you missed when he said this:

TL DR: Charging you're subscribers for the makeb content does not make us happy.

Im not one of the us...so he isn't speaking for me.

Or perhaps when he said this:

Stand up and fight for the game that you enjoy. Let bioware know that this is not acceptable. Charging us, you're paying subscribers for an update that is not considered a full expansion is *UNACCEPTABLE*. We the community must let them know that this will not be tolerated and is frowned by the player base. If we come together and express our concern over this, we can make a change.

In the name of reading comprehension....Whom is he referring to with his We and US.

Not me. So I guess he has a mouse in his pocket. :rolleyes:

Edited by Taorus

Guys it's not bad if someone speaks for you if he represents an issue you also have. I say think about what he says and then say that you're not in-line with the OP in case you're not. ;) Just a thought.

If you disagree from the beginning I can see your point though. But it's silly to differ just to differ.

Edited by Varnast

Guys it's not bad if someone speaks for you if he represents an issue you also have. I say think about what he says and then say that you're not in-line with the OP in case you're not. ;) Just a thought.

If you disagree from the beginning I can see your point though. But it's silly to differ just to differ.

What are you talking about? How can people differ if they did not already read what the OP said? What is silly, is someone voicing an opinion for everyone when they have not solicited anyone's opinion.

If you disagree from the beginning I can see your point though.

But the thing is, he's making a stand and trying to speak for the lot of us, based on subjective motives.

Charging us, you're paying subscribers for an update that is not considered a full expansion is *UNACCEPTABLE*.

Since as to whom, is Makeb not considered a full expansion? Heck, we don't even know what's included in the lot of it.

Maybe Makeb comes with:

- 8 additional class chapters, 1 for each class.

- 4 New Flashpoints.

- 2 New Companions.

- A new race.

- Animal mounts.

- A world PvP area.

- 2 New world bosses.

- An additional operation.

- Daily quests set in form of dynamic events.

- A crafting system overhaul.

- Additional speeders / pets.

- Additional legacy gear.

- Additional legacy skills and perks beyond legacy 25.

- And more.

Heck, we do not know. People are arguing over the sake of nothing considering as to how they have no clue on what the Makeb update will actually come with.

First of all we don't know if it will be payed for or not. Everything is just speculation and they are still in talks if they should make it payed or not. Second even if it is payed for we don't know if it is going to be in an expansion and what will be in that expansion. Third, every game has expansions that one needs to pay for no matter if it is free to play or not. Fourth, not everyone feels the way you do so please don't talk for everybody and change your title please. Fifth, "second rate citizens". Really!?! Sixth, do you enjoy the game? If you do then support it by paying for it so that they can make it better.

If you stay, happy gaming. If you go, then have a good life.

You Don't need to bash Americans. I'll agree some can say silly things but it's no different where you live. It amazes me that with as close as the world has become, how far apart me are.

Truest words. +1. One more case where ego gets ahead.

Didnt take long until it derailed :p Anyways make a new thread with .......

"What do you the subscribers feel about paying for the Makeb content if it is a minor update?"

Try it out....

Edited by Thyl

I personally have no problem paying for expansion sized "updates". An entire planet which will also continue your class story quest, raising the level cap which will include new abilities and probably talents as well as a possible new companion sounds like an expansion, maybe not a very big one but still a sizable amount of stuff. Whether or not I protest about it's "alleged" price tag depends on the size of said price tag.

Until I know it will cost money and how much, I don't see much point in getting all worked up over what could amount to nothing. I do like to be informed before I make decisions. I will add I have no problem paying for stuff as long as the value to cost ratio is acceptable. I have no plans of going F2P and want quality content and I know it isn't free.

What are you talking about? How can people differ if they did not already read what the OP said? What is silly, is someone voicing an opinion for everyone when they have not solicited anyone's opinion.

That's what I'm talking about. Don't hold on just words. He falsely typed "subscription base" but he meant those who feel like him. oh....!

The issue I have is that many times people assume that everyone agrees with them and they try to use that to validate their own point of view.. Whether I agree with him or not is irrelevent.. I can and will speak for myself..

If people can't make a point on it's own merits and then allow people to discuss said point.. Then he simply have no point to make.. Doesn't matter how many people he feels agree with him.. That doesn't make him right or his points any more valid..

They have already said that Makeb is not an expanions.. Which tells me that it will be free to people with subscriptions.. WOW added content all the time that was free.. The only thing we had to buy additionally was the expanions.. Other than that, it was all free.. For the subscription people, I doubt this model is going to change.. For the F2P people.. I am sure that they will have to pay for some stuff.. After all, I pay them $15 dollars a month that the F2P people won't be..

Bioware is going to be hard pressed to get the subs people to pay for anything other than an expansion.. I am sure they know this.. Sad that some people on the forums do not.. If they did, then there would have been no reason to make this thread in the first place.. Let alone presume to speak for everyone..

Edited by MajikMyst