Advanced Class advice

Nekrian

Hi All.

Situation: I want to play a melee class with a lightsaber. I don't like the sith inquisitor story line, so warrior is for me. I want to level to 50 then only pvp. I will never tank an operation or flashpoint.

Question: Which advanced class therefore has an easier time levelling and also does ok in pvp (I understand 99% is player skill - so my question is more aimed at the levelling question)

Any responses would be really good. Thanks!

Coming from someone with a definite preference for Jugg's, Id honestly say go with maurader

...if you like the playstyle. I preferred Jugg (DPS) as a playstyle...leveld 2.5 of them so far, and just started my first maurader (actually sentinel on repub side). I just didn't like the playstyle as much.

But Maurader does have many advantages in PvP. they're defensive CD's are more effectively used there, they excell at burst damage, and have many control abilities that the Jugg lacks (unless you go deep into the immortal tree for jugg).

Now, having said that, there are many players who enjoy playing their Jugg's in PvP. search for any threads with Dracosz in them, and follow his links to this PvP Vids. fun stuff. there are a few others who are motivated enough to post vids in the forums, so check them out.

But ultimately...PvP is simply easier to get high numbers with on a maurader. they're skill setup makes it this way. Jugg's can do it, but it takes more work and more class experience/skill to put out the numbers. So if cruising through the game and high numbers in PvP are your primary priorities, then I'd go Maura. If your looking for an enjoyable gaming experience the whole way, try both out, and see which one you like. the starting area is about 2 hours to complete when your cruising through the quests, so its not too bad to get two of them going. play the one that you end up liking, and keep the other as a crafting alt.

NOTE: Both Jugg's and Mara's put out respectable DPS numbers, and have a smooth leveling process. The Jugg matures a bit slower, but I had no issues with mine, especially once I got quinn.

Edited by Elyx

Ok so I have toyed with this alot having both at 50 with decent gear. Imho Jug is way more useful, u can use guard stance in dps spec to give u tanky armour and the ability to keep your healers up, you can basically score in hutball from the middle in mere seconds, rage spec means u can leap 10 meters to snipers/slingers in cover (funny as when they don't realise u can do that). Intercede is a self heal in dps BM/WH gear aswell as anotherway to mitigate damage to who u leap to, taunts kept on CD's etc... The 6% bonus to strength while adding full strength augs. I dont have any trouble 1v1 against any class and had plenty of fun duelling a full WH sin 2 days after hitting 50 on my jug (winning 80% of the duels), and we had plenty. The spec I roll isnt pure rage at all but mainly, never have a problem hitting 300k dmg and can get plenty more in a long voidstar, over 6k aoe crits on sage's/sorc's means you can hit 30k in an instant. The use of CDs is obviously key and I found I can destroy snipers easier on my marauder due to stealth, but tbh give me a decently geared and good healer (even a sorc) and we can 2v4, 2v5 in alot of circumstances, usually get 2 solo kills from a 1v2 in a WZ, I can go on and on but hands down I take Jug, you just gotta spec right and time your CDs, o yeah and force push (jug only) instant CD on force charge -OP

Something else to point out OP:

Mara/Sent are the FotM right now. highest DPS in Ops, and good in PvP....and relatively easy to get DPS out of. Not sure if this affects you, but I'm a non conformist by nature...I have a natural avoidance to the "common trends", so it colors my vision a bit. That's why i want to give Mara's a fair shake, they're not a bad class.

But I prefer Jugg. But roll both and see. You may wan to roll one on sith side, and the other on repub side to experience the stories...both very interesting and engaging. My preference, after seeing all the gear look options and attack animations, was Jugg on sith side, and Sentinel on repub side. but pick your flavor...it's all fun in the end.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.