10 races that are better than Cathar.

Beans_of_steel

They have specific individuals under contract that do the voices. The voices are done for a specific class and a specific gender. That's not being lazy that is the way it is done. And the actors/actresses that do the voice overs don't come cheap.

neither does the game, but id pay extra for an expansion with a better variety of voices and races, who wouldent?

Edited by Beans_of_steel

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do ya kno, more people asking for droids, tryin to tell others there are fans who want that, the fact there are so many different views on this subject is very interesting, n worth noting.

Some things are not a democracy. Droids can't be playable, end of story.

I agree with vamast, some people are just so into the pvp that there almost obsessively terrified of any change.

*They're.

Why wouldn't they be? People work hard for their builds, you can't just force them to rework them.

It'l happen n ur gona lose, lol.

You remind me of someone who posted a suggestion in the LOTRO forums. He wanted to play a hobbit Rune-Keeper. Despite all of our reasons why it shouldn't happen, he just kept stating his original point.

You're doing the same. Instead of explaining yourself, you're just spamming, hoping the opposition will go away.

You remind me of someone who posted a suggestion in the LOTRO forums. He wanted to play a hobbit Rune-Keeper. Despite all of our reasons why it shouldn't happen, he just kept stating his original point.

You're doing the same. Instead of explaining yourself, you're just spamming, hoping the opposition will go away.

actually no, i like this, so what it we disagree so what, thats what these forums are here for, constructive critisism, relax man.

actually no, i like this, so what it we disagree so what, thats what these forums are here for, constructive critisism, relax man.

Yeah, constructive criticism. But if you're not going to defend or even explain your position, then all criticism is pointless and futile. All you've said so far to defend your posiotion is "This will happen". That's just insufficient.

go bak n look other ppl have disagreed im not getting mad or even being super arguementative, I seriously am fascinated with all the different views on this. You say im wrong, u have good points, maybe mine arent as good but what does that matter, neither one of us is right or wrong really, cuz its a matter of opinion.

Some things are not a democracy. Droids can't be playable, end of story.

Yes they can, they can break through their programming, IG-88 did it. Our characters are supposed to be that 1 special thing in the galaxy, there isn't an excuse to not do it.

Edited by Tuscad

Yes they can, they can break through their programming, IG-88 did it. Our characters are supposed to be that 1 special thing in the galaxy, there isn't an excuse to not do it.

Incompatible voices, no rights, periodic memory wipes. Nope, not optional.

Incompatible voices, no rights, periodic memory wipes. Nope, not optional.

You are mistaken, droids can gain rights by using fear as a weapon like IG-88 did. Memory wipes have nothing to do with it as a simple conflicting error in programming can cause it (like being supposed to kill and protect the same person). Voice doesn't matter being a droid is just a feature. A lot of the dialogue in the game is broken with the legacy species feature: Sith Purebloods are referred to humans in the Jedi Knight story for instance, also the people playing aren't going to care they would be stoked at being able to play a droid.

It wouldn't be canon and therefore doesn't need to fit. Heck Bioware could have someone come in and do a few lines like: "Affirmative" "Negative" "Roger" "Engaging Assassination Protocols" "Clarify" "As you wish" and "Task Accomplished", this would work in nearly every situation and wouldn't take a lot of time.

Edited by Tuscad

Droids could work. Some have their own personalities and are NOT property...... just ask the Jedi knight about T7. Or to use some good old fashioned G-cannon, C3PO and R2D2.

Not to mention the fact that George had originally made Star Wars to be the story of R2 and 3PO's adventures. He only made it more about the human characters after getting input from his editors and others who needed to like his books in order to get them published.

So there should be no problem doing droid PC's from a lore point of view. And from a voice over point of view that would not be that hard either. There are multiple types of voice altering pedals that singers can use. It should not be hard to make an application that could apply some sort of voice modulation to the existing voice overs.

That said, I will list my top 3 choices for race..based purely on what I want..not on how easy to implement.

Wookiee,Droid and I think togruta are the ones like master kiwiks and anakin's padawan in clone troopers?

personally I had hoped that this game would have started with all the races that were in SWG as well as some of the new ones they did add like miraluka that I had never heard of. Not sure if they came from KOTOR lore or what?

You are mistaken, droids can gain rights by using fear as a weapon like IG-88 did. Memory wipes have nothing to do with it as a simple conflicting error in programming can cause it (like being supposed to kill and protect the same person). Voice doesn't matter being a droid is just a feature. A lot of the dialogue in the game is broken with the legacy species feature: Sith Purebloods are referred to humans in the Jedi Knight story for instance, also the people playing aren't going to care they would be stoked at being able to play a droid.

It wouldn't be canon and therefore doesn't need to fit. Heck Bioware could have someone come in and do a few lines like: "Affirmative" "Negative" "Roger" "Engaging Assassination Protocols" "Clarify" "As you wish" and "Task Accomplished", this would work in nearly every situation and wouldn't take a lot of time.

Aye, wotc's pen n paper rpg featured an independant droid class added by popular demand, due to the popularity of independant droids, like ig88, guri, and proxy, i woldnt b the least bit surprised if the same thing happened with swtor.

No rights, how do you explain the droid rebellion then? Am pretty sure thats canon.

Yes it is... and its 3000 years in the future for SWTOR.

Remember: This game is set fully in the EU. This was done to completely detach it from any of the events in the movies. Furthermore, it doesn't use the somewhat restricted atmosphere of the movies (extremely polar, everyone on a side agrees, pure democracy vs. authoritarianism), but the more realistic style used by EU books and the Clone Wars series.

If the game is going to look for inspiration on things to add, the movies aren't where its going to go. It's going to look first and foremost at other EU stories set in the 3000BBY area.