The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

paid Character transfer

Panthorin

I am also waiting for this.

I know there are just one of each kind of server for each language now, but I'm on PVP and most all my friends are on RPPVP. I'd not mind to pay to move all my Characters which has unlocks in my Legacy to that server.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know there are a lot of people that would be willing to do this as we have character spread across multiple server do to the issue of server population. I have 3 level 50's that I would be willing to pay to get these moved to the same servers so legacy stuff could get unlocked. Please make this a priority, you are missing out on a potential revenue stream. If, lets say it is $25 to do this, you would get $50 from me easy!!

I would hope that it wouldn't cost that much but i support this idea. :cool:

As of right now This is the latest reply that i've seen.

Hi guys,

We understand that the option of having character transfers is quite a big topic at the moment, unfortunately I do not have any updates on future character transfer options.

I want to let you know that I will make sure this feedback gets passed on to the correct department. Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts about this.

I really...really hope that they pay attention and get this **** out here. I'm tired of having my legacy locked into a server i don't want to be in. This makes the game incredibly unpleasant for me.

ya'll really love to give the players that stick with you the shaft. It's like

"Oh they still play this? They ARE loyal, No don't support them, I mean if they are still here they are going to keep sending us money even if we treat them like garbage." :confused:

I think i understand why it's so difficult for them to institute it at this stage.

1. They need to create a means of combining legacies

2. Some people have the max characters on their server and that makes it impossible to transfer so they'd need a workaround for that

3. This might cause a break in the balance of pvp with some servers gaining mostly one faction or the other

4. They have to understand how much one server can take on at a time.

So...i understand them having some difficulties. Doesn't mean i wish this was out tomorrow so i could put my characters together at last.

I think i understand why it's so difficult for them to institute it at this stage.

1. They need to create a means of combining legacies

2. Some people have the max characters on their server and that makes it impossible to transfer so they'd need a workaround for that

3. This might cause a break in the balance of pvp with some servers gaining mostly one faction or the other

4. They have to understand how much one server can take on at a time.

So...i understand them having some difficulties. Doesn't mean i wish this was out tomorrow so i could put my characters together at last.

1. May be a problem

2. Are you serious? This may be more difficult, but how the hell would it be impossible?

3. Look at him, talking about balance between galactic sides. You can choose any side you like, that's RPG, not freaking first person shooter. If people prefer one side to another, server transfer wouldn't change that.

4. That they know already.

1. May be a problem

2. Are you serious? This may be more difficult, but how the hell would it be impossible?

3. Look at him, talking about balance between galactic sides. You can choose any side you like, that's RPG, not freaking first person shooter. If people prefer one side to another, server transfer wouldn't change that.

4. That they know already.

2. Impossible was the wrong word, but it could present some difficulties.

3. Balance was an issue early on in many servers. This shift in balance probably isn't an issue since they combined the servers. But what really came to mind when i was saying that was a different game where I often saw massive groups of people moving their characters into a server and upsetting the balance there with stronger/better equipped teams and made the pvp unpleasant.

4. Sometimes I doubt that they really do. I have a feeling at times that they're just testing the waters and really checking how much each server can take.

For that matter...I really wonder how small the population has gotten at this point...and if they're just waiting for growth/shrinking before implementing transfer again.

2. Impossible was the wrong word, but it could present some difficulties.

3. Balance was an issue early on in many servers. This shift in balance probably isn't an issue since they combined the servers. But what really came to mind when i was saying that was a different game where I often saw massive groups of people moving their characters into a server and upsetting the balance there with stronger/better equipped teams and made the pvp unpleasant.

4. Sometimes I doubt that they really do. I have a feeling at times that they're just testing the waters and really checking how much each server can take.

For that matter...I really wonder how small the population has gotten at this point...and if they're just waiting for growth/shrinking before implementing transfer again.

To throw in my “two cents” on this, there really is no issue with making server transfers available.

1. “There is so much work to implement server transfers, it will take forever!”

a. BIOWARE has already done it. The logistics of adding a few extra web page filters to incorporate taking our money from us, offering specific servers to and from which you can transfer is an incredibly minor issue. Most young men and women (teen-age) could write these pages in a matter of hours.

2. “Oh my! How can we handle the Legacy transfers?” Really?!

a. Each character’s history should be tracked in its character profile. This history should maintain the character’s level, experience points, missions completed, kills and what their experience points were when they achieved their Legacy on that server; this last factor is important as Legacy Points are not earned until after a player has one character finish Chapter One on one character. Each of these have a number of Legacy Points assigned to them for completing each. This means each character has an assigned amount of Legacy Points they contribute to the overall Legacy. When a character is transferred, their points transfer with them to the new server. Two problems come from this:

i. What happens to the Legacy they leave? In my own opinion, the Legacy level stays the same where the player originally earned the points so as to not disrupt any Legacy purchases already earned; however, they could reduce the Legacy level and leave the purchased items alone, keeping them available for the characters that remain, but future Legacy purchases would be based on the reduced level.

ii. What about characters created that earned Legacy Points and then are deleted? When a character that has earned Legacy points is deleted, redistribute that character’s Legacy points to the remaining characters.

iii. An account cannot benefit from having characters on Jung Ma and some on Harbinger, both servers cannot be played at the same time. Therefore, if a player decides to move his/her characters to one server (the server they play most on) it allows him/her to get credit for the Legacy points they earned on the server they transfer from. That player played those characters, why punish them when they are paying to transfer their characters.

b. Legacy purchases made that are duplicated are simply lost.

3. Faction population balance:

a. For those not in the know, the population balance has already skewed if it is going to skew. People play what they like where they like. Each account will allow only one player to play it at any given time; therefore, the character balance per server cannot be interrupted as the players are able to only to be in one place at a time.

b. Gear per character – this is pretty much a moot/null point; SWTOR is not focused on PvP as World of Warcraft is.

4. Server capacity:

a. If the player already has a character on the server they are trying to transfer to, then there is no increase in server capacity, a player can only play one character at a time.

I really don’t understand why this process seems to be so difficult. If you see other concerns with the Legacy transfer, present the problem with a solution and not just the problem. Sadly, we will never get credit for our contributions, but the game may move forward in a direction that we hope it will.

My feelings on why this truly has not happened yet: They have incredibly bigger fish to fry and more than SWTOR to take care of, BIOWARE is a big company with several games and limited resources. As much as a fix like this would make many of us happy, let’s try to give them a little more room and hope they get to us soon.

• 2 weeks later...
I have friends from work who i have recently suggested this game to and they not knowing any better began toons on a different server and have lvl'd them to 50...i would like to be able to play with my rl friends on our toons that we have already customized to our liking instead of having to start from scratch....Petition to open paid/free server xfer!!!!!

My level 50's from launch are now on a server I don' want them to be on... If they are going to make us pay it should be after at the very LEAST one free character transfer for each character. Anything after that then I can settle with paying for. Just my opinion of course.

My feelings on why this truly has not happened yet: They have incredibly bigger fish to fry and more than SWTOR to take care of, BIOWARE is a big company with several games and limited resources. As much as a fix like this would make many of us happy, let’s try to give them a little more room and hope they get to us soon.

I really like your post here Archilius, you obviously put some thought into it. However, I don't buy into your last argument that BW is big and doesn't have the time to make this fix. As you stated early in your post, the coding is not the hard part and wouldn't take too terribly long. Given what was done with previous merger, I do not doubt this.

What irks me is the apparent time and effort BW is putting into new content, especially the cartel market. BW appears more interested in generating new color palettes for existing gear models than in fixing bugs and getting much needed services such as Character Transfers into the game.

This is one reason that led to my un subbing again, my toons were scattered after the merge it seems (i was un subbed at the time due to lack of server pop) and now have a lone level 50 BH (my first character) on a PVE server and the rest of my toons on an RP server (my chosen server). I explained the situation only to get the "Thank you but we dont give a ****" CS reply... = thank you very much for your time, /unsub. (It wasnt the only reason by any means, but the last straw.)

Returned to SWTOR two weeks ago; only to find my chars in different servers aswell as my guild.

This should really be your priority before the Rise of the Hutt Cartel is launched; to give your returning aswell as the old customers the change to move their char to, which server they want,

• 3 weeks later...