Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

How do you like playing nonstealth toons?

Cathest

Got my op and sin to 50 no sweat, my knight Is 40 and working on a 30 bh. But wow questing without stealth

Feels sooo tedious. I like stealth because I'd just sneak by mobs, and pick my fights and made things much smoother.

Which do you prefer? What is your motivation for playing nonstealth?

My first character in SWTOR, and my first to 50, is a Kinetic Shadow. The combination of Tankability, a pocket healer, and stealth lets you choose your fights and win them :)

The only "downside" is that you have to go out of your way to complete Bonus missions, whereas a non-Stealther will generally finish all the bonus missions long before they complete the primary objectives. (You also miss the cash/items from all those mobs, but I never really missed that).

Then again, it certainly fits my Shadow's character not to kill things that don't need to be killed...

Edited by Ancaglon

I love playing stealthed toons way too much. expecially in WZ's. If i happen to find a match that I know for a fact my team will loose, ill usually stealth over to one of the enemy nodes and just start screwing with the opposition by CCing some random individual over and over again while in stealth :D I can only imagne what there saying on the other end... "FFS again! where the hell is this b******". Can't exactly do that with a non-stealth toon. Edited by haliy

I have a stealth scoundrel as an alt but i have to say it does have its direct disadvantages, like missed codex entrys and xp from skipping mobs. But i far out prefer shooting my way through mobs on my gunslinger. Edited by Shingara

I like stealth as well, especially on my consular because of the force speed and versatility. But I find force leap to be a good alternative :)

The feeling of simply crashing into mobs is empowering. But I think the stealth classes are most difficult to play in combat so things will likely become boring faster now.

I have started leveling a scoundrel, and thought that stealth would make it more enjoyable. Then I realized I kinda need the xp from the defeated mobs or Im too low for the next batch of questlines..

There are some areas that are HORRIBLY boring running thru ridiculously long tunnels filled with mobs. House of Rist, I'm looking at you. In those Id sure appreciate ability to skip some of the mobs. But overall it has not been too bad. I have 3x lvl 50s now.

Of course things are easier when you can sap and sneak by rather than having to fight a group. I'm already dreading running dailies on my BH after having a Operative that didn't need help for anything except Lights Out on Belsavis and Torvix and could do things quickly. It's going to surely take more time to do.

I like stealth as well, especially on my consular because of the force speed and versatility. But I find force leap to be a good alternative :)

The feeling of simply crashing into mobs is empowering. But I think the stealth classes are most difficult to play in combat so things will likely become boring faster now.

I like how different it feels playing either my stealth scoundrel. Sneaking around in the shadows with Corso. CC:ing mobs and just slipping past them. But sometimes, I just want to forceleap something :D it's addictive. My favorite attack so far in the game! If it's a fight where I want to save my interrupts and end up running in instead of leaping, I always *sigh* a little. It's just so much fun :p

Actually, my first toon with a stealth was my 5th alt, and I gotta be honest.

Stealth is useless most of the time. It's great for leathing me open with a stunning hit, or skipping a group of mobs when I've met the bonus objective. But otherwise, it's generally more tedious to circumnavigate a group of mobs than it is to just blow them up.

I haven't played any stealth toons in this game. I did in WoW.

I don't mind fighting so much. Heck, it's often easier to just jump in and slaughter mobs than to try to stealth around them.

And that slaughter is especially fun (and canon) when I'm playing my light-side Knight and Consular! :rolleyes:

Although my main is an assassin I like my non-stealth toons quite a bit. I just miss stealth sometimes, like when

on my gunslinger and trying to complete the Corso companion quest on Tatooine. I chose to go through the Imps instead of Outlaw's Den, was standing just far enough away and considering the situation- and a same-level scoundrel showed up and stealthed right past them.

I really really missed stealth then :D

Got my op and sin to 50 no sweat, my knight Is 40 and working on a 30 bh. But wow questing without stealth

Feels sooo tedious. I like stealth because I'd just sneak by mobs, and pick my fights and made things much smoother.

Which do you prefer? What is your motivation for playing nonstealth?

Capped a Shadow and a Sentinel so I know what you mean. I love stealth on my Shadow. Strategically it not only makes things much easier, but it really eliminates alot of the grind. And with great CC, I can solo many heroics. I have had a blast grouping as well. Sneaking up, CC an elite, wait for the pull and then striking from the shadows... lol! I do love it so. :D

However, the Sentinel is my favorite toon. No stealth means I can't cut corners. Strategically that means I have to be on top of my game. I have to know the mobs, and I have to rely on my combat skills to be effective. Sents, as many of you know, are squishy and can be exposed to big damage, so skill is at a premium. In turn, that has made me a better player. Wouldn't have it any other way.

In short, on my Sent, the grind is worth not having stealth because in the long run I'm better in combat and I'm very satisfied with the results in HMs and OPs. However... I wouldn't play my Shadow with out stealth.

Stealth can be a lot of fun, but one of the things I have been finding in SWTOR - which is rare for me - is that I enjoy each of the classes equally but differently. Currently, I am playing my Gunslinger, who is in many ways my squishiest, requiring the most care in how I approach a conflict, but satisfying on account of that. My Shadow, which was my first character, has been on ice for a while. I'll come back to him, and then enjoy the sneakiness again. Ultimately, though, you have to like the class you play for what it does offer, or else play the class you like.

That is all I have played really.

Merc, Sorc, Guard, and have a Op up to lvl 21 but always forget to use his stealth anyway.

Do not even notice the difference really. I have gotten really good at threading the needle between groups of mobs as needed or taking the proper angle to blast by them on my speeder and use LoS for protection until agro breaks off.

I think stealth is a crutch for some in an already overly easy game but to each their own.

I love stealth classes, but I'm pretty confused..

On my Operative I stealthed by just about every mob I could from start to finish, but I was still level 49 before I even started Voss, and I know I loved PvP for the amazing burst on concealment at 40-49, but I don't remember PvPing so much to be ahead of my storyline by a good few levels XD

Waiting on my game time card to be delivered tomorrow then I can get back to my Operative! :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.