Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

8 Marauders in ranked wz - the results

pisauron

This confirms everything.

LOL? This one vid that barely shows any combat proves everything huh?

Nice vid but it doesn't confirm anything. That could have been done with a team of any class set up pretty much. The team of marauders was much more organized than the other team adn this vid didn't even show the classes strengths at all. Other than predation.

I'd like to see a vid of how the marauders hold up in a civil war against a team actually watching the objectives. I saw a lot of the other team having fights all over the place while you guys sat in position for passes with no troubles. Def would like to see how it works out in any of the other WZ's tho. Always been curious about that.

Edited by UGLYMRJ

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for posting the vid. My favorite part was the mass force charging at the beginning. heh

Anyway, Huttball has to be the most pro-Mara/Sent map of any WZ. It should be no surprise at all that Maras/Sents dominated. Just watching the OP play shows how little button mashing is really necessary when you are well versed in Huttball objective play.

I still think a team of Tankassins would absolutely demolish a team of Maras/Sents. That would be a fun social experiment to try. Another fun match up would be a full team of Ops/Sawbones Healers versus a team of Pyro/Vans.

Yes, it appears players are so bored with PvP right now that they are trying these things. lol

LOL? This one vid that barely shows any combat proves everything huh?

Nice vid but it doesn't confirm anything. That could have been done with a team of any class set up pretty much. The team of marauders was much more organized than the other team adn this vid didn't even show the classes strengths at all. Other than predation.

I'd like to see a vid of how the marauders hold up in a civil war against a team actually watching the objectives. I saw a lot of the other team having fights all over the place while you guys sat in position for passes with no troubles. Def would like to see how it works out in any of the other WZ's tho. Always been curious about that.

As i said earlier, we lost both voidstar and CW later to a better combo team (same team in VS and CW).

in voidstar we were defending first, they got to the end and the clock showed 00:56 (i think), as attacking we lost the voidstar because we had to suffer a difuse. the lack of aoe, and not enough maras alive at that moment was crucial. we then opened the first door, but had hard time opening the bridge (eventually opened). as i said earlier the tanks that team had countered us pretty well :)

CW was the same story, as we decided to go 2-0-4 with a fake mid.

i hope this won't turn into a "nerf mara" thread. yes, that team did a bad job, but we did it for the fun! our total rating wasn't high at all, so matching us with them wasn't that bad.

later a team of 8 snipers tryed, but i don't know the results.

its just that the mara (and jugg) is one of the best classes for huttball - leaps. speed, UR etc.

1 interesting thing to observe in the video is the behavior of the other team players. the guy started the group in like 5 minutes by asking on the fleet 8 maras for rwz fun, and you can't say we were any organized...the interesting fact is that some mara's decided to hang out in the mid and have a dps race, and some actually went for the ball/ opened for passes (same guys all the time) - thats the guys you should watch out from...

As i said earlier, we lost both voidstar and CW later to a better combo team (same team in VS and CW).

in voidstar we were defending first, they got to the end and the clock showed 00:56 (i think), as attacking we lost the voidstar because we had to suffer a difuse. the lack of aoe, and not enough maras alive at that moment was crucial. we then opened the first door, but had hard time opening the bridge (eventually opened). as i said earlier the tanks that team had countered us pretty well :)

CW was the same story, as we decided to go 2-0-4 with a fake mid.

i hope this won't turn into a "nerf mara" thread. yes, that team did a bad job, but we did it for the fun! our total rating wasn't high at all, so matching us with them wasn't that bad.

later a team of 8 snipers tryed, but i don't know the results.

its just that the mara (and jugg) is one of the best classes for huttball - leaps. speed, UR etc.

1 interesting thing to observe in the video is the behavior of the other team players. the guy started the group in like 5 minutes by asking on the fleet 8 maras for rwz fun, and you can't say we were any organized...the interesting fact is that some mara's decided to hang out in the mid and have a dps race, and some actually went for the ball/ opened for passes (same guys all the time) - thats the guys you should watch out from...

I saw what you said about the CW and VS, I'd just like to see vid of it. I always wonder how things would pan out with different set up. Like 4 marauders and 4 PT's. I'd love to see a vid of 8 annihilation marauders too... I'd like to see what the healing would add up to by the end of the game. (annihilation is my favorite spec to play... I don't run it... but I like it)

Anyways, I was just saying I'd like to see the vids... or the same experiment where ALL the marauders are on vent and organized as well. I'd also love to see a FOTM war zone of 8 PT's vs 8 marauders. That'd be dope!

Anyways, I was just saying I'd like to see the vids... or the same experiment where ALL the marauders are on vent and organized as well. I'd also love to see a FOTM war zone of 8 PT's vs 8 marauders. That'd be dope!

it would be fun to watch..but only if the whole other team is pyrotech powertechs.

and im still betting on the maras..speed is an important thing.

is this supposed to be amazing since all kiddies are claiming that marauders need super skill ?

its just a kind of exploit. does anyone remember warhammer online ?

and the other team was thinking.. is this rated ? cause it looks like a normal pug.

Edited by feuer

is this supposed to be amazing since all kiddies are claiming that marauders need super skill ?

its just a kind of exploit. does anyone remember warhammer online ?

and the other team was thinking.. is this rated ? cause it looks like a normal pug.

what exploit??

we actually lost Voidstar and CW later on against a team with 2 tanks...

This was going to be my first question after watching that video.

Huttball is such a different beast and having an AC that can vertically leap is so advantageous on that map.

Try having only pure melee dps try to take/hold a node, LOL.

Edited by Meanerr

then you all go stealth and open up on healers.. after that tanks are no problem. and if they have the nodes, they just need to bubble one after another to get enough time for the respawns and hold the nodes forever.

Would be cool to test this among the other classes too. I bet it was fun.

I'll throw together 8 man PT or 8 man Sniper on Sunday mid day. I don't care about gear or skill all for fun

Anyone on the bastion that's interested, show up on fleet around noon central on Sunday.

Wnk is my PT

Zlk is my sniper

I'll throw together 8 man PT or 8 man Sniper on Sunday mid day. I don't care about gear or skill all for fun

Anyone on the bastion that's interested, show up on fleet around noon central on Sunday.

Wnk is my PT

Zlk is my sniper

I'm down... I'll join the marauder squad. I'll keep an eye out for ya Sunday. I'd like to get in on 4 PT/4 marauder group too. I think that would actually be fairly effective against a lot of set ups.

I've been wanting to start a twitch too so I'll work on getting that fired up before Sunday and maybe we can stream it. Also have a vent we can use... I'd rather run an organized effort vs just running with no direction at all.

Edited by UGLYMRJ

I'm down... I'll join the marauder squad. I'll keep an eye out for ya Sunday. I'd like to get in on 4 PT/4 marauder group too. I think that would actually be fairly effective against a lot of set ups.

I've been wanting to start a twitch too so I'll work on getting that fired up before Sunday and maybe we can stream it. Also have a vent we can use... I'd rather run an organized effort vs just running with no direction at all.

hit me up in game. I'd like to try this 4PT 4Mara squad :)

I have started a Mara....I have decided to spend most of my time on him. I just don't see the point of being any other DPS other than Powertech pyro or a Mara unless there are changes soon. Oh well I almost went Mara at release anyway.

edit:

Sniper would be another good route to go because they kind of "counter" pyros and maras.

Edited by Azareal

well actually just shows.. takes no skill to play a Mara, or Sentinel.. bash bash any button in random order and watch enemy face melt away ! :D

Yeah I totes wish i could just start off with a full rage bar that filled up all on it's own so i could just mash buttons.

Typical Imperials,rush to the OP class just like the Sorc/Inquis days that lasted the first three months of this game.

How much you wanna bet half these jokers mains used to be Sorc's too.

And you post is contributing how?

marauder since day one.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.