Goodbye cathar.

NoaFlux

I was really excited for the Cathar!! So were some of my friends. I was hoping this would revive the game a little!! Some said they would come back just to play as the Cathar...but I doubt they will now.

The Cathar does not look as cool as I remember from past experiences. The one in the featured video looks like a human with tattoos on it. My wife noticed too and pointed out that the other ones had fur. Big let down!!

**On top of that the new planet looks like every other planet, I really hope it actually has things to walk up and down on and has nice special effects and cool creatures, We need unique!!! Maybe hills to slide down...avalanches? something...give us something...please!!

Edited by NoaFlux

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm excited with the Bozo the clown look that Cathar was rocking. The fact that it looked considerably different to our usual conceptions of the species bodes well, I think. It suggests there'll be plenty of diversity in the Cathar character creation process.

I was really excited for the Cathar!! So were some of my friends. I was hoping this would revive the game a little!! Some said they would come back just to play as the Cathar...but I doubt they will now.

The Cathar does not look as cool as I remember from past experiences. The one in the featured video looks like a human with tattoos on it. My wife noticed too and pointed out that the other ones had fur. Big let down!!

**On top of that the new planet looks like every other planet, I really hope it actually has things to walk up and down on and has nice special effects and cool creatures, We need unique!!! Maybe hills to slide down...avalanches? something...give us something...please!!

That's all Cathar are, really.

http://www.wikiswtor.com/Aric_Jorgan

Edited by Bomyne

Only one Cathar was shown. Can't make any conclusions on how customizable the race will be just from seeing one individual character.

Very True, but you gotta admit that if you're going to hype something via a video you should at least pick a better shot than that ;)

Very True, but you gotta admit that if you're going to hype something via a video you should at least pick a better shot than that ;)

It's down to personal taste then, because I liked that Cathar more than any of the current in-game ones.

out of all the races this is the worst one kittys srsly

why not rastapuss (dont know what there really called) or rodinians i would even take bothans dogs over cathar kittys

this is the first time i have ever complained about anything in the game so just heat me up a bit no flaming please haha

Edited by liammozz

They only showed one shot of a cathar, clearly this is how they will all look, never mind the fact that it's just a very early look and subject to change, clearly they don't care and I should base all my opinions off one EARLY MODEL CATHAR SHOWN.

God you people sometimes....:jawa_mad:

I'm guessing the playable Cathar will have to look somewhat different than the Cathar in game, because the in game Cathar have larger heads. The helmets wouldn't fit correctly. In game, I have a headband on Aric, and it's more of a backband -- it disappears into his head at the temples.

The Cathar in the video looks just like the Cathar that are already in the game. Why is everyone so shocked that they look like they already do?

because there not happy unless they have something to cry and complain about, its sad really

This thread has so much fail.......First off you don't even know what a Cathar is, Second your whole post are assumptions since we haven't really seen anything but a glimpse, Third no one cares if you or your whole family leave infact here I'll show you the door.

Only one Cathar was shown. Can't make any conclusions on how customizable the race will be just from seeing one individual character.

You can, actually.

This thread has so much fail.......First off you don't even know what a Cathar is, Second your whole post are assumptions since we haven't really seen anything but a glimpse, Third no one cares if you or your whole family leave infact here I'll show you the door.

This post is full of so much fail.

Edited by Asavar

GREAT POINT, AND I THINK ITS BETTER TO LET BW KNOW WE AREN'T HAPPY AHEAD OF TIME.

JUST IN CASE THEY DON'T MAKE IT CUSTOMIZABLE....than if i leave the game ....at least I tried.

I'm guessing the playable Cathar will have to look somewhat different than the Cathar in game, because the in game Cathar have larger heads. The helmets wouldn't fit correctly. In game, I have a headband on Aric, and it's more of a backband -- it disappears into his head at the temples.

who cares. make it work. ...stretch out the helmets...in your 3d computer program. copy paste. copy paste. not hard.

hey my jedi shadow hasn't ever been able to wear head gear...at least not since 1.2, 1.3 didn't fix it either.

..anyway...so i would rather take the cool looking Cathar head over a human with Cathar face paint. A Cathar that can wear

head gear that will cover his face is almost pointless. Players won't like that anyway.

You can still equip it, just don't let it show up...like on my jedi shadow.

Edited by NoaFlux

who cares. make it work. ...stretch out the helmets...in your 3d computer program. copy paste. copy paste. not hard.

hey my jedi shadow hasn't ever been able to wear head gear...at least not since 1.2, 1.3 didn't fix it either.

..anyway...so i would rather take the cool looking Cathar head over a human with Cathar face paint. A Cathar that can wear

head gear that will cover his face is almost pointless. Players won't like that anyway.

You can still equip it, just don't let it show up...like on my jedi shadow.

Oh, I wasn't saying I wanted them to make it human with Cathar face paint. I'd rather take the larger Cathar-type bone structure. But they're not going to do it -- it'll be the same human heads we have for all the races -- maybe they'll just mix up the order again.

GREAT POINT, AND I THINK ITS BETTER TO LET BW KNOW WE AREN'T HAPPY AHEAD OF TIME.

JUST IN CASE THEY DON'T MAKE IT CUSTOMIZABLE....than if i leave the game ....at least I tried.

Hmmm.. You do know there is a Cathar already in the game don't you??

See here..

I'm sorry.. But I don't see how they can change the way they look to appease you.. Even in KOTOR they looked different than what you are asking for..

See here..

I am sorry you don't like the current version.. I am sorry you are willing to quit the game over it.. Can I have your stuff??

Edited by MajikMyst