Unsubbing after 6 months ... When to resub?

DkSharktooth

I am regretfully unsubscribing after my 6 month sub, not because I don't like the game, but simply because there is nothing to do and it seems like the main factor to get more content in is time. I have waited patiently as many of you have and unfortunately this is where I draw the line.

While I do understand that it may take over 1 month to develop new content, that is not my problem. Many people have tried to hang in there, but alot of the level 50 population, as well as many of everyones guilds and pvp teams have left a long time ago because it was easy to forsee many of this games problems. I am considering coming back soon, but I am refusing to spend anymore of my time until there are major content updates besides a fetch quest event, even if there is some big cutscene or some social/adaptive armor reward coming when they finish the event.

Not that it matters, as you can see from my youtube channel, I have supported this game since Beta, and have been one of the few people left making videos for it. I cannot support this game anymore for level 50's or endgame content. The only people who will have fun with this game are new players and the new influx of incoming F2Pers because there is alot of fun story content and stuff to do for new players.

Good Luck to all of you staying and hanging in there. I would like to thank all my friends & supporters for the great times we had together.

TL;DR - Bioware, all we hear is that this game has alot of potential, We Would Like To Resub, please let us know how long you need to get it together with ALOT of new content aside from fluff and a flashpoint.

Edited by DkSharktooth

I am regretfully unsubscribing after my 6 month sub, not because I don't like the game, but simply because there is nothing to do and it seems like the main factor here to get more content in is time. I have waited patiently as many of you have and unfortunately this is where I draw the line.

While I do understand that it may take over 1 month to develop new content, that is not my problem. I am considering coming back soon, but I am refusing to spend anymore of my time until there are major content updates besides a fetch quest event, even if there is some big cutscene or some social/adaptive armor reward coming when they finish the event.

TL;DR - Bioware, We Would Like To Resub, please let us know "specifically" when you will be ready with ALOT of new content aside from fluff and a flashpoint.

Nothing to do? Seriously?

You rolled 16 alts? One male, one female for each class and tried all the possible class storyline missions? You unlocked every race in the game? Seriously doubt it...

Edited by Moatcarp

You rolled 16 alts? One male, one female for each class and tried all the possible class storyline missions? You unlocked every race in the game? Seriously doubt it...

I have 4 level 50s, few level 30-40 alts. I have Elite Warlord on my main toon, I have 2 sets of full warhero on my main toon, full campaign on main toon, fully remoded both sets (that's like getting 4 sets WH), then did the same for 2 other toons. I've had nothing to do for like 3 months, which is the same problem for many people and why they left.

Edited by DkSharktooth

For some people, re-playing the same planetary and side quests, or the same flashpoints, warzones, and space missions (required if you want to finish your class story) twice sucks, let alone 7 times.

Edited by DarthTHC

I have 4 level 50s, few level 30-40 alts. I have 2 sets of full warhero on my main toon, full campaign on main toon, fully remoded both sets (that's like getting 4 sets WH), then did the same for 2 other toons. I have had nothing to do for like 3 months, which is the same problem for many people and why they left.

See? You're not done. Finish all the class storylines.... once as a male and once as a female and unlock all the races... once you do that then you can complain you have "nothing to do".

Get to work.

For some people, re-playing the same planetary and side quests, or the same flashpoints, warzones, and space missions (required if you want to finish your class story) twice sucks, let alone 7 times.

Then don't do the side quests/flaspoints/warzones/space missions and grind mobs for xp instead.

See? You're not done. Finish all the class storylines.... once as a male and once as a female and unlock all the races... once you do that then you can complain you have "nothing to do".

Get to work.

Fluff and achievement point's for useless stuff is not appealing to myself and many other people.

Fluff and achievement point's for useless stuff is not appealing to myself and many other people.

That is irrelevant. You claimed you have "nothing to do". I showed you there is plenty of work to be done.

I'm sure kids in school find schoolwork unappealing as well... doesn't mean that while at school they have "nothing to do".

That is irrelevant. You claimed you have "nothing to do". I showed you there is plenty of work to be done.

I'm sure kids in school find schoolwork unappealing as well... doesn't mean that while at school they have "nothing to do".

"work to be done"

Do you actually have a job?

@OP ... I wouldnt resub. Just wait for f2p and play 2 of your classes for free. Im not going to give EA another dime and just mooch off their f2p when it comes. You do what you want obviously but these "devs" (EAs dogs) dont deserve any more $ than what weve already given them.

@everyone else. WARNING: You are being trolled! Please refrain from further attention feeding. :rolleyes:

Edited by MasterKayote

Moatcarp, /shudder

RELAX. So, in your eyes the OP exaggerated. From a "normal" person's point of view, he has done EVERYTHING one can do on one character, and does not feel the need to do EVERYTHING on 15 other characters. So, from that point of view, he has nothing more to do in this game...for now.

Yes, there are players like you who relish doing EVERYTHING one can with EVERY character class and AC available. You are in the miniscule minority. This is why the concept of main and alt came about - a player picks one character (his/her "main") he/she will do EVERYTHING the game has to offer with, and the rest ("alts") he/she will do whatever he/she feels is appropriate. Sometimes that means doing everything will every character, but usually alts are made because there is nothing else to do on one's main, but you want to keep playing. Ovbiously, the OP has done this several times now, and does not want to do it again. So be it.

I am regretfully unsubscribing after my 6 month sub, not because I don't like the game, but simply because there is nothing to do and it seems like the main factor to get more content in is time. I have waited patiently as many of you have and unfortunately this is where I draw the line.

While I do understand that it may take over 1 month to develop new content, that is not my problem. Many people have tried to hang in there, but alot of the level 50 population, as well as many of everyones guilds and pvp teams have left a long time ago because it was easy to forsee many of this games problems. I am considering coming back soon, but I am refusing to spend anymore of my time until there are major content updates besides a fetch quest event, even if there is some big cutscene or some social/adaptive armor reward coming when they finish the event.

Not that it matters, as you can see from my youtube channel, I have supported this game since Beta, and have been one of the few people left making videos for it. I cannot support this game anymore for level 50's or endgame content. The only people who will have fun with this game are new players and the new influx of incoming F2Pers because there is alot of fun story content and stuff to do for new players.

Good Luck to all of you staying and hanging in there. I would like to thank all my friends & supporters for the great times we had together.

TL;DR - Bioware, all we hear is that this game has alot of potential, We Would Like To Resub, please let us know how long you need to get it together with ALOT of new content aside from fluff and a flashpoint.

Agree OP and other than pvp this game is sooo boring.

Here's an idea. Maybe if you didn't play Star Wards every second of your free time you might still have "things to do".

He has plenty still to do...

It reminds me of a grade 4 kid who gets 20 math questions, does 3 of them and complains he is bored and has nothing to do.....

there are 17 questions left to do!

Then don't do the side quests/flaspoints/warzones/space missions and grind mobs for xp instead.

He's not unsubbing because he wants more alts lol...all you're suggesting is he do more of the same. The class quests and stories aren't nearly as interesting to some of us as they seem to be to you. The OP is right, and he's far the only one to feel the way he does.

You're trying too hard, lol! :p

Indeed. Stop embarrassing yourself Moatcarp. A game is not a job. If BW fails to give their game lasting appeal by producing fun new content, it is not up to the players to do unappealing things just for the sake of "completing" the game.

Indeed. Stop embarrassing yourself Moatcarp. A game is not a job. If BW fails to give their game lasting appeal by producing fun new content, it is not up to the players to do unappealing things just for the sake of "completing" the game.

That's not what he's trying too hard at.

Very well said, I like that.

• Dev Post
Hello! We appreciate your feedback, but will be closing this thread, as threads that focus on leaving the game tend to generate unconstructive replies. Please make sure to watch the site (or follow us on Facebook or Twitter) to get the latest news about the game and new content, and we hope to see you back in-game someday!