The event is lame!

Redat

Come on Bioware, please surprise the hell out of me. I would like more to do than drive around NS in a daze looking for random spawns,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,OH yeah, way to go with the crappy rewards, a reskin of a pet we already have (yawn), no pistolas or force user weapons...........DID you guys actually sit down and THINK about this or are you intentionally trying to piss off a big chunk of us players?

Last time the force users got shienies, now the tech users get shinies, can't please everyone every time.

but if you really want shinies for everyone every single event, wow is a better game for you, they have events on fixed dates in the year, so there will be no surprises, and they offer shinies for everyone, the same ones every time.

btw, as a force user, i hope you don't use the purple lightsaber, they are a reskin of the first orange lightsaber that you get. since you don't like reskins..

Last time the force users got shienies, now the tech users get shinies, can't please everyone every time.

but if you really want shinies for everyone every single event, wow is a better game for you, they have events on fixed dates in the year, so there will be no surprises, and they offer shinies for everyone, the same ones every time.

btw, as a force user, i hope you don't use the purple lightsaber, they are a reskin of the first orange lightsaber that you get. since you don't like reskins..

Tech users? Not all the Tech user got something there. There is no autocannon or blasters. So BH, Smugg and Comm get the shaft. So there a better line of defense for this worseless world event.

Whining is a skill I guess.

So we get rifles this time. Stands to reason another weapon type will come next in another event or something. At least we can send barrels around to our alts. Next thing we need is a lightsaber that's legacy bound. So you don't get both in one event....What they really should do is stop charging people for taking mods out, but that's another discussion.

I think the event is kinda fun, except for the part where you stand around waiting with 50 people trying to click on something first so it's your turn. I suppose it's something to do this week. Need some more content soon and another high level ops isn't going to do that for the majority of players. Events like this you can do with all your 50s. BW has just been thinking to much in gear progression content but not into general activities for level 50s. That's what's missing. I like the event, others don't. Bottom line is that there's still not enough general content for level 50s except boring dailies and gear progression.

Come on Bioware, please surprise the hell out of me. I would like more to do than drive around NS in a daze looking for random spawns,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,OH yeah, way to go with the crappy rewards, a reskin of a pet we already have (yawn), no pistolas or force user weapons...........DID you guys actually sit down and THINK about this or are you intentionally trying to piss off a big chunk of us players?

Seems to me that all they have to do is to wake up to "piss of a chunk of players". LOL

One thing I've learned is that some people will be satisfied with anything, other won't be satisfied with no matter what one does. Most will take the good with the bad and enjoy to different degrees. However, those that cannot be satisfied are, by far, the most vocal.

It's a horrible event.

1. It's not instanced properly which annoys people as they have to deal with a lot of other players messing things up.

2. Looting boxes is tedious and with this game's "click first get it" system it feels incredibly stupid.

3. It's bugged - finish one low level space mission and voila - you've done it!

4. The rewards they put in... it honestly feels like it was a 5 minute work and tought of one person. I bet any player could've tought of better rewards.

5. Half-finished? Really? Why give us a start to a quest that we can't finish? Doesn't make sense. Feels like they knew they messed it up so they gave us all another mission start that will make us think "oh yeah! there's gonna be more", when in fact they should've just released the complete event. Trying to keep those 6monthers? Hehe, doubt that will do it for them.

Tech users? Not all the Tech user got something there. There is no autocannon or blasters. So BH, Smugg and Comm get the shaft. So there a better line of defense for this worseless world event.

from what i've heard, one of the bows is a blaster, but i was generalising the issue, you can't expect to have your class get something every single time, they will change it up every time so every class gets a chance to get something nice, i haven't got a trooper/agent/smuggler either, only force users, so except for the mount, the 2 pets and the title, i have nothing to gain this time either, but i got shinies with the rakghoul event, so i live with the fact it's someone else his/her turn this time.

One thing I've learned is that some people will be satisfied with anything, other won't be satisfied with no matter what one does. .

I feel there are very few left that are not on one of the two extremes. Either they love this game and bioware even if they murdered a juggling koala on TV. Then we have the ones with so much distain for this company they woudl kill that same koala if it had EA sticker on its shirt.

Cant please this crowd anymore or can by not doing anything. What is the point of them doing anything anymore since it wont make a difference the players here.

I feel there are very few left that are not on one of the two extremes. Either they love this game and bioware even if they murdered a juggling koala on TV. Then we have the ones with so much distain for this company they woudl kill that same koala if it had EA sticker on its shirt.

Cant please this crowd anymore or can by not doing anything. What is the point of them doing anything anymore since it wont make a difference the players here.

Why does everything have to end in a Koala being killed? It's just NOT FAIR.

This world event is such a waste. Yeah not everyone is going to get something. Fine. Lets look at the rewards.

Pets reskin of ones already in game.

Social armor is reskined from a set in the game. Where the F are the sandpeople? Sandpeople have nothing to do with this event. Heck the could have reskinned the Hutt Cartel social gear and made more sense then the Sandpeople.

Weapons, covers all but 2 Tech based weapons. You couldn't make one an huge and call it an autocannon?

The way you buy these items? Fly around Nar Shadaa for hours trying to get enough tokens to buy more then 1 item.

The people that like this event idea of a good night out is standing in line.

Edited by Warrgames

from what i've heard, one of the bows is a blaster, but i was generalising the issue, you can't expect to have your class get something every single time, they will change it up every time so every class gets a chance to get something nice, i haven't got a trooper/agent/smuggler either, only force users, so except for the mount, the 2 pets and the title, i have nothing to gain this time either, but i got shinies with the rakghoul event, so i live with the fact it's someone else his/her turn this time.

What about the people who subbed after the Rakghoul event and didn't even participate in it? Why is it OK for them to wait another X months for another event so that they can have their shinies?

The last event had crystals, which were valuable to all classes. They did look cooler on saber users, but you still got the stats if nothing else.

They tried an event with 'bite' (heh). Complaints all across the board about how it affects non-participants negatively. This is a 'safe' event, doesn't hurt anyone. Participants complain how dull it is. You know what, devs? Just do what you want.

Also. Expecting every event to have a reward that will make your character better seems like a wrong way to think about it. These items (a novelty speeder, bowcasters, etc) seem more like momentos. Like the novelty items from WoW's hallowe'en events or something.

It's a horrible event.

1. It's not instanced properly which annoys people as they have to deal with a lot of other players messing things up.

2. Looting boxes is tedious and with this game's "click first get it" system it feels incredibly stupid.

3. It's bugged - finish one low level space mission and voila - you've done it!

4. The rewards they put in... it honestly feels like it was a 5 minute work and tought of one person. I bet any player could've tought of better rewards.

5. Half-finished? Really? Why give us a start to a quest that we can't finish? Doesn't make sense. Feels like they knew they messed it up so they gave us all another mission start that will make us think "oh yeah! there's gonna be more", when in fact they should've just released the complete event. Trying to keep those 6monthers? Hehe, doubt that will do it for them.

Well... in my opinion, the event is fine. It's not horrible and I'm having a good time.

1. Prefer no instances. Having a good time grouping and figuring things out with others. Lessens the possibility of ninja crap. No issues with spawns.

2. Looting boxes not an issue for me. See number 1. Hunting for smuggler boxes not a problem. They are all over the place and I earned many comms hunting them down.

3. Not using the exploit to finish... so... no problem there.

4. Rewards are fine for me. I have an Agent and a Trooper that will use the casters quite effectively. Love the bound to legacy. Love the legendary barrels. Love the armor.

5. Spreading out the quests over a series of days is fine. No different than the Rak event and I have something to look forward to the next day.

The event is in its what... 3 or 4 day? So far, it has been good. Much preferable to running dailies. Opinions will vary. For me, it has been fun and I'm really curious as to what the overall story will mean for the third faction which will be implemented in Makeb.

Edited by Rafaman

They tried an event with 'bite' (heh). Complaints all across the board about how it affects non-participants negatively. This is a 'safe' event, doesn't hurt anyone. Participants complain how dull it is. You know what, devs? Just do what you want.

Also. Expecting every event to have a reward that will make your character better seems like a wrong way to think about it. These items (a novelty speeder, bowcasters, etc) seem more like momentos. Like the novelty items from WoW's hallowe'en events or something.

1. You could opt-out of the rakghoul event by buying the vaccine.

2. This event isn't dull, it's bugged and half-baked. They should've put more tought into it. Instance a few bits, prevent/fix exploiting.

3. Nobody expects godmode rewards.. Why couldn't they put in some sort of a sword or blade, electrostaffs or something for force users? Seriously, how much time would that take to put in?

Well... in my opinion, the event is fine. It's not horrible and I'm having a good time.

Just because it's fine for you, doesn't mean it's fine.

Women in the middle east are fine with their husbands having multiple other women and beating the crap out of them. Does that make it fine, and should we all stop our efforts to make the world a better place?

The event itself is engaging enough for me, and the whole "Everyone form a single file line to access the droid at Dark Temple Approach" was actually pretty funny. I liked taking cues from what was going on around me to see what was what and figuring out the gimmick.

However, the rewards are lame. At least for me. We're on a hunt for items ranging from the technological, to the antiquitous. You'd think there'd be a little something for everyone. I feel they could have done something a little better than the Tusken Raider recolor. Do the Chevin's agents not have a uniform we could have gotten? We had the Viral Containment outfit last time, I was surprised they didn't roll out something similar...but no. Sand person recolor.

Just because it's fine for you, doesn't mean it's fine.

Women in the middle east are fine with their husbands having multiple other women and beating the crap out of them. Does that make it fine, and should we all stop our efforts to make the world a better place?

wha...?? lol. I don't equate a game event with RL. Your analogy is ridiculous.

I clearly stated this is my opinion, but take the flip side of the coin: Just because it's horrible for you doesn't mean its horrible.

Edited by Rafaman

What about the people who subbed after the Rakghoul event and didn't even participate in it? Why is it OK for them to wait another X months for another event so that they can have their shinies?

The last event had crystals, which were valuable to all classes. They did look cooler on saber users, but you still got the stats if nothing else.

Now that's a logic I 'personally' don't like, people who subbed after the rakghoul event, well shame, too bad, are you also going to complain that everyone that subbed from start got 30 days free and the others didn't?

or, since it seems a trend in this thread to compare with RL stuff, if you go to a party where they give free gifts before 12, are you going to complain you didn't get one because you decided to arrive after 12?

anyways, it seems, as mentioned multiple times in this and other threads, that the gamers nowadays feel entitled to get shinies all the time, and have no patience at all, makes me think of wow legedaries.. and look what Blizzard did now, legendaries for everyone, how is that legendary at all?

Now that's a logic I 'personally' don't like, people who subbed after the rakghoul event, well shame, too bad, are you also going to complain that everyone that subbed from start got 30 days free and the others didn't?

nope because you get "free days" generally when something gets screwed, in this case it was lots of downtimes and mess ups when 1.2 arrived. and your point would be they missed that event, which is cool and all, I agree, tough luck you'll never be able to attain the containment stuff and rewards from that event. but, make the rewards for all classes, is all i'm sayin.. like I mentioned earlier, no reason they couldn't throw in some legacy bound blades or electrostaffs, something a bit different and cool.

or, since it seems a trend in this thread to compare with RL stuff, if you go to a party where they give free gifts before 12, are you going to complain you didn't get one because you decided to arrive after 12?

not a good analogy. more like this. gifts are given out to everyone at one party which you didn't have money to go to. at another party gifts are given only to male blondes. if you're not one, you don't get anything. tough luck.

anyways, it seems, as mentioned multiple times in this and other threads, that the gamers nowadays feel entitled to get shinies all the time, and have no patience at all, makes me think of wow legedaries.. and look what Blizzard did now, legendaries for everyone, how is that legendary at all?

never played wow. i don't think im entitled to anything, but if they're doing a world event, I as a paying customer deserve to complain about event exploits and state my opinion on the event as a whole. it's still ****.

10char

Edited by hrvojes

It's just more disappointing content from this group. Still happening, 7-8 months after release. It's impressively bad.