"Soon after, we'll release a series of level 50+ Space Missions"

yoomazir

From the press conference, at 0:53:00.

So that means the level cap increase is coming pretty soon?

Link:

Didn't catch that, thank you. The live action trailer at the end was ludicrous -- who are they appealing to?

Anyway, interesting point. He clearly meant to say 50 "plus," so I assume he did mean missions going beyond level 50. Though, realistically, I see those missions coming soon before or after HK-51, let alone Makeb.

Edited by Ravager

Guess everyone are too busy trashing this game rather than properly checking all the information we had from Gamescom...

Watching it now, he seems rather bored with his presentation.

Live action trailer? Painful. Thank you for reinforcing that old stereotype, EA - at least you used pretty people?

Edited by Tatile

Guess everyone are too busy trashing this game rather than properly checking all the information we had from Gamescom...

Has there actually been any? :confused:

Actually after watching that video the answer is no - all that stuff has been seen before, and it seems like they are still following the marketing mode of making nice videos to market the game, and not putting the money into developing the game. :(

Edited by Goretzu

Has there actually been any? :confused:

Level 50 PLUS Space MissionS.

it's less about the space mission rather than the level increase, which probably means we will get it this year, with probably the new skills for each class or advanced class.

Edited by yoomazir

Level 50 PLUS Space MissionS.

The announced ages ago that there'd be a 3-5 level raise with (or around) Malkeb and that they'd be 2 new missions coming (both internal Decent types), and the F2P blurb mentioned another 8 on the rail missions already.

That was a pure marketting speech, there was nothing new in it (except the new trailer). :(

Didn't catch that, thank you. The live action trailer at the end was ludicrous -- who are they appealing to?

Anyway, interesting point. He clearly meant to say 50 "plus," so I assume he did mean missions going beyond level 50. Though, realistically, I see those missions coming soon before or after HK-51, let alone Makeb.

Who are they appealing to with that video? Well if you look closer there was a little bit of everyone in that video. So maybe a wider audience for anyone to jump in and play? That's what it seems.

The announced ages ago that there'd be a 3-5 level raise with (or around) Malkeb and that they'd be 2 new missions coming (both internal Decent types), and the F2P blurb mentioned another 8 on the rail missions already.

That was a pure marketting speech, there was nothing new in it (except the new trailer). :(

This is how misinformation spreads. They never announced such a thing. They announced that there would be a level cap increase BUT insisted they hadn't decided how many levels yet. Could be 1, 2, 3, 4...mmm can you carry on for me, i'm tired :p

As many here (Goretzu and myself included) will jump on any future announcement made it's best to make sure we report what was actually said when we criticize BW. May not seem important but you'd be surprised how many times people get the wrong end of the stick only to be disappointed later on when the actual facts come out.

Edited by Jamus_Divinus

Pretty cool live action clip at the end. I liked it.

To be fair if SWTOR the game was as good as the marketting videos Bioware produce then SWTOR would have 10,000,000 subs already. :)

This is how misinformation spreads. They never announced such a thing. They announced that there would be a level cap increase BUT insisted they hadn't decided how many levels yet. Could be 1, 2, 3, 4...mmm can you carry on for me, i'm tired :p

As many here (Goretzu and myself included) will jump on any future announcement made it's best to make sure we report what was actually said when we criticize BW. May not seem important but you'd be surprised how many times people get the wrong end of the stick only to be disappointed later on when the actual facts come out.

Yeah, but if you remember at the time (as it was vastly discussed here), if they went with say a 10 Level cap raise they'd inevitably end up with a gear reset - they said that would not be happening so 3-5 is about right (plus someone that used to post a lot back then but now seems to have quit claimed to have info to that end).