Am I having bad luck or is the game designed this way?

BobasFett

I am a heavy pvper which is why I have 2 characters that do biochem. Thing is, when I try to RE on both of them (they are a sentinel and an assassin) the success rates for a new schematic are about 1 in 9 or 10. Meanwhile, I don't always have enough mats to craft the higher stuff when I do get a new schematics because they were spent trying to make more of the base product to then RE. Can somebody shed some light on whether I'm just having some serious bad luck with biochem or if the game is like that? I wouldn't normally be so frustrated except that my commando does armormech, and when he needs to upgrade to a Tier 2, it happens within one or two tries, and maximum of three tries for a Tier 3. This is all just very frustrating.

Just bad luck. You have a percentage chance to RE a new schematic from the item (if you hover over the item in RE mode you will see the chance), but there's no guarantee that you're going to get it. 20 percent is a common RE chance, but just because you made and RE'd five doesn't mean you'll get the schematic.

I have Biochem on two of my 50s. Sometimes I get a schematic on the first try or first few, like I did yesterday. Sometimes it takes a lot. Random is random.

I am a heavy pvper which is why I have 2 characters that do biochem. Thing is, when I try to RE on both of them (they are a sentinel and an assassin) the success rates for a new schematic are about 1 in 9 or 10. Meanwhile, I don't always have enough mats to craft the higher stuff when I do get a new schematics because they were spent trying to make more of the base product to then RE. Can somebody shed some light on whether I'm just having some serious bad luck with biochem or if the game is like that? I wouldn't normally be so frustrated except that my commando does armormech, and when he needs to upgrade to a Tier 2, it happens within one or two tries, and maximum of three tries for a Tier 3. This is all just very frustrating.

Just bad luck with the RNG of the proc system.

You have made to common mistake with the proc percentage system. A 20% proc rate does not, as said, mean you will get it every 1 in 5 tries. It means each time you RE something you have a 20% chance of that time procing the schematic, this is done on an item by item basis, it is not cumulative. However what some people miss is that you also have an 80% chance of getting nothing.

I have had 5 schematic procs in a row on one character yet on the other I had none for 20 goes. Both where Artiface, brefore I upgraded so I didn't have mail access to move things around. As some would say "random is random".

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.