Is there any method for me to buy tionese gear for my alts/companions?

donetello

I've heard of many methods like transferring all the tionese mods to adaptive gear or WH/empty shells.

Is there anyone here that have tried numerous methods and can confirm which of these methods do/do not work?

Thanks in advance!

buy the legacy gear > put the components in the legacy gear (Must be 'bind to legacy' - available from vendors on your factions capital world.) > Send to your alt > take the components out > put them in your other gear. (or if its the alt's classes legacy gear you can just use it).

for companions you can simply buy and equip on them provided it matches the gear type.

buy the legacy gear > put the components in the legacy gear (Must be 'bind to legacy' - available from vendors on your factions capital world.) > Send to your alt > take the components out > put them in your other gear. (or if its the alt's classes legacy gear you can just use it).

for companions you can simply buy and equip on them provided it matches the gear type.

Thanks for help Solar_Breeze. I was wondering the same thing as well.

My sniper has her companion (Lt. Temple) decked out in all Tionese/Columi gear. As long as your companion is the required class - for example, Temple is an agent, Kaliyo is a bounty hunter, etc. - they can use the actual gear. BUT, I would recommend you don't use drops in groups to gear them up, use the medallions, unless the roll is opened up to a companion roll.

Why not just straight up buy Tionese gear from the tionese vendors for your companions?

You only have to transfer mods, etc to legacy bound items when trying to gear an alt.

This... just go to the Tionese vendor that sells the stuff with your companion's primary stat. For example, I bought stuff for Doc from the Smuggler vendor, since his stat is cunning. You just have to look at the items to see what's best.

As long as your companion is the required class - for example, Temple is an agent, Kaliyo is a bounty hunter, etc. - they can use the actual gear.

And this is wrong.

It has nothing to do with their "class". The gear in question does not have any class requirements.

COMPANIONS DO NOT HAVE SAME CLASSES AS PLAYABLE CHARACTERS DO!!! And companions can't wear gear with class requirements.

Temple is not an imperial agent and can't wear any gear that requires the wearer to be imperial agent.

She does wear medium armor with cunning, just like Imperial Agent does, and of course can wear all the armor you can buy from from the tionese/columi/rakata/black hole vendors for imperial agents, because that gear does not have any class requirements but can be worn by anyone with medium armor proficiency.

Technically she there is nothing stopping her from wearing any medium (or light) armor intended for any other class (such as gear from vendors for sith warriors) but of course all that other gear for other classes would be useless to her with wrong stats as she only uses same primary stat as agents.

Kaliyo is not an bounty hunter and can't wear any gear that requires the wearer to be bounty hunter.

She does wear heavy armor with aim, just like bh does, and of course can wear all the armor you can buy from from the tionese/columi/rakata/black hole vendors for bounty hunters, because that gear does not have any class requirements but can be worn by anyone with heavy armor proficiency.

Technically she there is nothing stopping her from wearing any heavy (or medium or light) armor intended for any other class (such as gear from vendors for sith warriors) but of course all that other gear for other classes would be useless to her with wrong stats as she only uses same primary stat as bounty hunters.

and so on and so on...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.