Operative Class needs some help

Allfader

I'm playing a 31 Medic spec'd Operative, and I'm not sure what this class is supposed to do. The Sorcerer, in EVERY WZ I go into, tops damage and healing. Not one tops damage, one tops healing, but the same Sorcerer is always at the top for both, and I'm always low on both.

I stay on the Ball Carrier and heal my butt off, only to do 40-50K healing over the span of the entire WZ, while the Sorcerer is off fighting who knows where and only healing himself. What makes matters worse is that I get 2 Medals, and on occasion 3, and he'll have 3-4 times my objective score when I actually scored our only point.

I don't understand why the Op is so limited in early levels. Why are our heals so weak in comparison? Why do we have to struggle with energy when Sorcs have seemingly unlimited Force? I don't want to see a nerf for the Sorcs, and I don't mind working for it. But I shouldn't have to do three times the work for less than half the stats.

What you're doing wrong is this:

Kill people too. Backstab costs only 10 energy and hits like a truck, even as full medic.

Operatives get a 15% dmg boost to Overload Shot as well, making it a nice finisher in a pinch.

When I do WZs I do a lot of healing, and almost always top the healing charts by throwin kolto probes on everyone who needs any healing and using kolto injections to keep up the more injured ones. Then I turn my attention to the weakest enemy in range and start to help burn him down, CC him, etc.

At the end of the match I typically have 5-6 medals:

2.5k single heal (kolto injection crit)

75k healing (from all the HoTs / big heals)

1.5k (single damage or defender points, I cant quite recall)

Solo kill (If I'm lucky to nab some weaker enemy off guard, stay stealthed if possible)

1 Killing Blow - a crit backstab can easily get a KB for you

(sometimes I get defender points and get a medal from that, not sure how I got them though..)

As far as Sorc's go, my only issue is in hutt ball when I get electrocuted, then just as it wears off I get knocked back into the pit... **** that's annoying as hell.

Seriously, I now hate Huttball because of consular/sorcs... I hate having the ball because I know I'm going to be CC'd and focus fired to hell and back. (If I dont get knocked in the pit first, ofc)

Is there any way to avoid that knockback? Since I'm ranting I might as well hope for some advice... it seems the only way to the finish line is by bridge, and any sorc can CC you, run up and aim their knockback to get you in the pit (which is a death sentence).

any sorc can CC you, run up and aim their knockback to get you in the pit (which is a death sentence).

Though I can't help with the knockback, I can say that using Flash Bomb, Debilitate or Sleep Dart while they run over the flame jets is cause for instant hilarity.

But as I said, the knockback into the pits I can't help with. Sorry!

Though I can't help with the knockback, I can say that using Flash Bomb, Debilitate or Sleep Dart while they run over the flame jets is cause for instant hilarity.

But as I said, the knockback into the pits I can't help with. Sorry!

True enough, but when you've got the ball you're helpless. Even if you do trap one in the flame jets, 2 more will rise up to take it's place... Enter the hydra sorcerer!

I'm playing a 31 Medic spec'd Operative, and I'm not sure what this class is supposed to do. The Sorcerer, in EVERY WZ I go into, tops damage and healing. Not one tops damage, one tops healing, but the same Sorcerer is always at the top for both, and I'm always low on both.

I stay on the Ball Carrier and heal my butt off, only to do 40-50K healing over the span of the entire WZ, while the Sorcerer is off fighting who knows where and only healing himself. What makes matters worse is that I get 2 Medals, and on occasion 3, and he'll have 3-4 times my objective score when I actually scored our only point.

I don't understand why the Op is so limited in early levels. Why are our heals so weak in comparison? Why do we have to struggle with energy when Sorcs have seemingly unlimited Force? I don't want to see a nerf for the Sorcs, and I don't mind working for it. But I shouldn't have to do three times the work for less than half the stats.

If one sorc is topping damage and healing in the WF, it generally is showing two things--1) I think the sorc/sage class is a touch stronger as a class at this level, especially in the resources department. 2) More importantly, even with a good toon, people that can do this are often quite talented at the game.

Additionally, you might just be focus healing a bit too much to only be doing 40-50k a WF. Especially being 31, with access to Surgical Probes. He might be around his allies more and thus having more damage to heal, while you focus on 1-2 guys doing the objective.

Why are you worried about the numbers? Ops have a LOT of things they can contribute that won't show up on the scoreboards. If you're helping your team win while the sorc in question is off somewhere screwing around getting into side fights constantly, of course he's going to have higher numbers. You still contributed more to the team. People get on this numbers kick and completely lose track of what's actually important.

Why are you worried about the numbers? Ops have a LOT of things they can contribute that won't show up on the scoreboards. If you're helping your team win while the sorc in question is off somewhere screwing around getting into side fights constantly, of course he's going to have higher numbers. You still contributed more to the team. People get on this numbers kick and completely lose track of what's actually important.

Although I agree, I can also sympathise with the need to see yourself ranking high on the numbers. If I had to choose between the two, I would go with being the unsung hero simply because it means you're more likely to get the money, resources and commendations you need, and every now and then someone will notice you and you'll see 1-4 MVP votes against your name.

But even with this considered, it's still only natural and maybe even forgivable to want to see yourself topping boards. Even if it's not particularly smiled upon, even I admit to enjoying seeing my name up there.

I agree with the above poster, though. HoTs are phenomenal to rack up healing numbers, and spreading your healing around to more targets than just one or two can serve to increase your healing numbers as well as reduce the chance you'll overheal and do no healing, especially when using HoTs on allies about to enter a fight.

Hope that helps, even if just a little.

- Pride