>> CROSS SERVER PVP & WORLD PVP Coming Soon?

DkSharktooth

Ranked queues are ridiculous. At least on my server it's the same 2 or 3 teams facerolling pug groups. They even offer the chance for pug groups to get 8 medals just so they can get a queue pop.

I'm not really for cross server queues, but ranked is desperately in need of them.

As for world PvP...Honestly, I miss Ilum sooo much! Even though gathering those armaments/gearing was a pain in the ***, it gave people something to do besides sit around fleet. Having battles over center were extremely fun back in the day.

They need to throw some rare spawn on Ilum for a fancy pet that'll cause people to head there and kill each other again :].

True, but all in-game motivation to participate in it was. Warzone participation can happen on PvE servers too, really isn't the only thing separating PvE and PvP servers is the inability to fight outside of controlled environments?

I mean, it rarely happens leveling, and there's no global motivation to do so outside of warzones - even though the Republic to Imperial player ratio is very close to 1:1 on some servers (such as ours).

Edited by islander

True, but all in-game motivation to participate in it was. Warzone participation can happen on PvE servers too, really isn't the only thing separating PvE and PvP servers is the inability to fight outside of controlled environments?

I mean, it rarely happens leveling, and there's no global motivation to do so outside of warzones - even though the Republic to Imperial player ratio is very close to 1:1 on some servers (such as ours).

When they optimize the servers that actually supports World PvP, perhaps some might look into it, but I can tell you now that it will never happen. It's not so much about motivation, it's about not wanting to have slideshow PvP.

When they optimize the servers that actually supports World PvP, perhaps some might look into it, but I can tell you now that it will never happen. It's not so much about motivation, it's about not wanting to have slideshow PvP.

True enough. Although I haven't really had these issues (I've been okay until it gets to around 60 people), you are far from the first person who has experienced it.

This is what Bioware gets for using HeroEngine Beta version 0.2 and what not. It's a shame.

I wonder if, down the line, they come up with something along the lines of instanced areas where 15 on 15 can take part, reasonably controlling the population of players going in and out bound.

Just thinking stream of conscious now. I don't mind warzones, I mean I do them 2-3 hours 6 nights a week, but still...*sigh*

Edited by islander

this isn't an unfair point either. Although I haven't really had these issues, you are far from the first person who has.

This is what Bioware gets for using HeroEngine Beta version 0.2 and what not. It's a shame.

I wonder if, down the line, they come up with something along the lines of instanced areas where 15 on 15 can take part, reasonably controlling the population of players going in and out bound.

Just thinking stream of conscious now. I don't mind warzones, I mean I do them 2-3 hours 6 nights a week, but still...*sigh*

Anyone who was around for Ilum and the grind to get daily/weeklies done that had a decent population, had these issues all the time, it wasn't just a few peeps that's for sure. The server lag was almost unbearable, and just not fun to play in. I recognize the need for World PvP, and I don't disagree it can have some good moments, but I just don't see EA putting any effort to optimize this aspect.

Sure, they're bringing a new World for PvP, but if the lag spikes currently in WZ's are any indicator (and it's gotten worse as time has moved on), I highly doubt the new planet will be any better. At this point, I'd rather see them working on a plethora of new maps with new objectives, and just continue to bug fix what's broken. PvP has too many issues that need addressed atm, and I just don't think World PvP fixes should be a priority. Just my opinion though.

well if you want World pvp stop hangin around in fleet and get out there, World pvp is created by the players not the game.

Problem is the rewards are all in warzones. I don't hang in the fleet. Too much stupid in general chat, my IQ drops 10 points for every 10 minutes I hang in there and leave it active.

Ranked queues are ridiculous. At least on my server it's the same 2 or 3 teams facerolling pug groups. They even offer the chance for pug groups to get 8 medals just so they can get a queue pop.

I'm not really for cross server queues, but ranked is desperately in need of them.

As for world PvP...Honestly, I miss Ilum sooo much! Even though gathering those armaments/gearing was a pain in the ***, it gave people something to do besides sit around fleet. Having battles over center were extremely fun back in the day.

They need to throw some rare spawn on Ilum for a fancy pet that'll cause people to head there and kill each other again :].

Role a new character and join the battle on The Fatman server.

As an incentive you could win our Duel Tournament prize of new character. Check it out at http://www.chosen-elite.com/duel

Role a new character and join the battle on The Fatman server.

As an incentive you could win our Duel Tournament prize of new character. Check it out at http://www.chosen-elite.com/duel

You should remove that link right now very fast. I got a strike against my account for promoting a prize amount in my servers pvp tournament. I hosted 2 tournaments, 1mill prize and 3mill prize for 1st place. You are not allowed to offer a monetary prize for pvp tournaments, which is counter productive to having an incentive to actually come to the tournament. I am not joking.

Edited by DkSharktooth