I knew it! Imps > Pubs

SweetOldBob

A guy PST'ed me on the fleet, wanted to know if all Pubs on the server "are this bad". (I guess he's an Imp rolling a Pub toon.) I told him that sometimes PuGs I was on dominated, but it seemed to me that more often it was the other way around.

He then said that the Pubs were undergeared, which is a suspicion that I've harbored for awhile.

Just an annecdotal story, not any real proof, but it is certainly consistent withm my impression. I'm in a lot of WZs where my PuG knows what it wants to do, but executing is complicated by the fact that the Imps are hitting like Mack trucks.

I'm not saying that gear beats the player.

But it sure does help.

you dont play on my server then. I detest pvp'ing on the imp side.

No talent, no attention span, no team work.

Bummer! I'm on "Prophecy of the Five". Lots of members of lots of PuGs I'm in have a clue, but I think we still lose more often than win. (I don't know how to adjust for the team having to carry my slack butt, but you'd think really good teams could handle that. :) )

If you don't think gear makes a HUGE Difference, you're crazy. I just spent the time to make all custom armor and all purple mods on my 38 Vanguard and it was night and day. I have the time to stop and emote people and play around with them, then I kill them. Before the gear I had to just fight. Gear is VERY big. Edited by Lastot

If you don't think gear makes a HUGE Difference, you're crazy. I just spent the time to make all custom armor and all purple mods on my 38 Vanguard and it was night and day. I have the time to stop and emote people and play around with them, then I kill them. Before the gear I had to just fight. Gear is VERY big.

ur experience in PvP is HUGE, ty for ur feedback

You are VERY welcome, I started out in a real PvP game, Ultima online, then moved to 6 years of DAoC where I ran one of the biggest and best PvP guilds on my server. I HATED WoW and felt it was a major care bear game and skipped it. I have 5 level 50's in SWToR two are Valor rank 80. I also have five level 400 crafter's I am pretty sure I know a lot more about the PvP than you do Sir but thank you for letting me know how much you valued my info. Edited by Lastot

You are VERY welcome, I started out in a real PvP game, Ultima online, then moved to 6 years of DAoC where I ran one of the biggest and best PvP guilds on my server. I HATED WoW and felt it was a major care bear game and skipped it. I have 5 level 50's in SWToR two are Valor rank 80. I also have five level 400 crafter's I am pretty sure I know a lot more about the PvP than you do Sir but thank you for letting me know how much you valued my info.

no problem son

and u dont have to call me "sir", theres no need for that :)

I have a 50 guardian on a different server (Darn transfers), than my assassin main. When I mess around on my guardian it always seems like there is a lack of communication, but it doesn't seem that way on my assassin.

So maybe Imps are better :cool:

My win percentage as a pub is like 20 % and I have chars on more than one server.

My conclusion, and I've posted this one on several occassions, is that the pub side has a, in contrast to on the imp side, much higher population of SW and lore fans. It's the people who bought this game so that they could be Luke Skywalker, give o take a few millenia. There are of course really good PvP'ers on the pub side too, in some cases the best on the server, but the average pub strikes me as significally worse than the average imp and much less interested in it. They're seemingly only running a warzone every now and then for diversity.

Since we're on the topic of how we interpret servers, factions, and other sub-populations I would also like to share my view on PvE VS PvP servers. I am of the opinion that the PvP'ers on PvE servers are significally better than the average population on PvP servers. It seems like a lot of people roll on PvP servers because "it's the cool thing to do" and that they're just playing for the hell of. On a PvE server on the other hand you won't PvP unless you really like it so the average player becomes more dedicated. That's not to say that all PvE'ers are good at it, some never learn, but I've encountered much less clinical retardism (really, you need to get that looked at) on PvE servers. Again, refering to the average population and not the top layer.

Since we're on the topic of how we interpret servers, factions, and other sub-populations I would also like to share my view on PvE VS PvP servers. I am of the opinion that the PvP'ers on PvE servers are significally better than the average population on PvP servers. It seems like a lot of people roll on PvP servers because "it's the cool thing to do" and that they're just playing for the hell of. On a PvE server on the other hand you won't PvP unless you really like it so the average player becomes more dedicated. That's not to say that all PvE'ers are good at it, some never learn, but I've encountered much less clinical retardism (really, you need to get that looked at) on PvE servers. Again, refering to the average population and not the top layer.

This actually makes a lot of sense. Never really thought of it that way, thanks for the post! :]

Heres my take, I'm not Mr. PVP by any stretch, I dont get to play as often as I like so my gear is so so, I dont know how to win the Wz's. However if there is someone that does, and he/she explains what we should be doing when we should be doing it, I find we win more in those situations. When everyone is quiet until we are losing bad...then we usually lose. Just something I have noticed on the Pub side.

imps suck on Canderous Ordo. All the good Imps either quit or re-rolled republic toons. I pug every warzone I play and win at a 75% ratio. With most of the losses coming in rep vs rep. Still a few good imp groups but they are dwindling away more each day Edited by Ssfbistimg