The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Why do we seem to Favor Assault Spec over Tactics?

Topherend

While they both come close in terms of damage, Assault has fantastic burst and is far easier to play. In fact, I'd say Assault spec Vanguard is the easiest spec in the game to play at the moment.

This.....and it's more mobile and superior at range.

While they both come close in terms of damage, Assault has fantastic burst and is far easier to play. In fact, I'd say Assault spec Vanguard is the easiest spec in the game to play at the moment.

i would argue smash spec is the easiest right now. you still have to ammo manage in assault.

i would argue smash spec is the easiest right now. you still have to ammo manage in assault.

I've extensively played both Assault and Focus and I'd say Assault is just a bit easier, less buttons in a basic rotation.

assault is easier by far.

u still have to manage 4 tick in between smash, dealing damage and building rage.

positioning does matter in smash spec. more abilities to use.

assault spec, u dont have to manage your ammo, u will get cc'ed a lot, especially by those squishy target and u will get your ammo back.

People prefer brute dps over mobility/utility

Pulse Cannon is Aoe with no target limit, so making them do as much dps as assault wouldn't make since.

Sustained DPS isn't as good as burst in 1v1, which is what most folks play. And most folks who do that are bad, and lots of bads play assault (I didn't say most assault players are bads).

• 3 weeks later...
assault is easier by far.

u still have to manage 4 tick in between smash, dealing damage and building rage.

positioning does matter in smash spec. more abilities to use.

assault spec, u dont have to manage your ammo, u will get cc'ed a lot, especially by those squishy target and u will get your ammo back.

Lol, yah you kinda do have to manage ammo, assault spec isn't hard but i can't quite agree with your reasoning, since many people skip combat stims and do just as fine.