SWTOR Lauch is a faliure!!

direblaze

Server queues even in off peak are silly on main servers, and those who cannot change server are screwed, at peak times every server is full.

FIX IT or people wont bother trying to play.

There is a sticky dedicated to server queues. Read it.

Server queues even in off peak are silly on main servers, and those who cannot change server are screwed, at peak times every server is full.

This is a funny thread.. Considering how the game isn't actually out yet.. Counting your chickens before they hatch are we?? :rolleyes:

'Cannot change servers' ?

I'm sorry, is someone forcing you to play on the server you are playing on?

Look at it this way, if BioWare put in 5 million servers, imagine if everyone on the server you are playing at think the same way you do, no one would leave for another server, so how is BioWare adding servers helping if no one want's to leave?

Be the first to switch server, you always have a choice.

You need to go back and watch The Empire Strikes Back. Pay great heed to what Yoda says... what is it now... oh yes.... patience.

In off peak hours no servers have queues. And who are you to decide which are MAIN servers?

This launch has gone very smoothly..MUCH more smoothly than it could have gone, and other games have done worse.

Agree.

On the positive side - all people who preordered but cancelled their orders will be locked out of Early Access after 22/12 so that should help the queues a little as well

The one thing I have noticed about the queue fiasco is that most people cannot spell 'queue'. It's 'queue' not 'que' or 'q'.

THANK YOU.

I was just telling one of my friends that I had a new pet peeve. You left off "cue" though, I've seen a few of those.

Sorry but I don't see how a few servers that have queues is a "launch" failure. Epic bugs, hardware failure, game breaking issues and server crashes all combined is arguably what you might call a failure.

So no, I don't think a handful of servers experiecing queues is going to destroy the game somehow. It might cost them a few thousand subs, but hey ho it beats losing a few hundred thousand because of rampant lag and server crashes I guess in their eyes. Also most who are so dismayed to not buy the game as a result will inevitably buy it in a month anyway when queues are gone.

I'm on Legions of Lettow EU and we have some of the worst queues - it's just one of those things you put up with for now. Still like it end of Jan? Yeah, they're gonna take more of a hit.

Not sure what everybody is complaining about. My server has never had a queue :)

(Thana Vesh, PvE East Coast)

Nor does Ven Zallow, a Rp-Pvp server set up for EST. In fact, never seen it go over standard. Heck, I dont even roleplay, but no waiting was a large enough boon to ignore those that do.

Easily the smoothest launch of any MMO I've seen ever. You have clearly don't have time to sit and wait 15-20 mins for a 500 man queue so you feel as though the launch has failed.

You bring no valid points to say the launch is a failure... usually those points would be "servers keep crashing, can't login, I keep getting booted from the game, quests aren't working and so on so forth." None of these are the case with SWTOR!

You should change the subject too "SWTOR queue takes too long for me! I hate it!".