Powertech vs Geared Marauder

Leiralei

I had a simular situation in a pug and successfully reported that person for harassment. I never had an issue with that d0uchbag ever again. Got a problem with it? Take it up with Bioware.

How is one person in a WZ attacking you EVER considered harrassment? :rolleyes:

That's right, it isn't harrassment.

you're not dueling the guy, best suggestion is to stop treating it as such.

the previous suggestion to mark the guy is a good one. by him focusing on you, your job has become infinitely easier. You don't actually have to kill him, you just need to keep him from killing you.

to that end, i would actually immediately electro-dart him after he jumps to you, throw a TD on him, flame burst, and then start pole humping.

let the rest of your team kill him, and i guarantee you, the guy is going to nerd rage hardcore when he repeatedly dies to your team, while trying to chase you around a pole.

you do know how to pole hump, right?

the previous suggestion to mark the guy is a good one. by him focusing on you, your job has become infinitely easier. You don't actually have to kill him, you just need to keep him from killing you.

an aside, but I get annoyed when ppl start marking dps (outside of hb). like...do you really need to mark a dps to know that he's after your healer? that's what dps do.

an aside, but I get annoyed when ppl start marking dps (outside of hb). like...do you really need to mark a dps to know that he's after your healer? that's what dps do.

as a matter of fact, i do think it's VERY important to mark the dps, but you need to follow that up with clear directive to the pug (i'm assuming pug, since in rwz, it should be well enough coordinated that this should be a non-issue).

I will typically mark 3-4 targets, and i will announce in raid the kill order (target->blaster->saber->fire). those symbols do not mean their class, but rather, their threat value.

against a low dps group, I will mark the healer first, and usually the operative. when they're not focused, they're too hard to shut down by one person. then i'll mark the sorc/bh, since they have cast-time spells that can be much easier shut down.

but against a pug that has a few high damage individuals (there's quite a few PT / sniper / juggs on harbinger that are capable of dishing out A LOT of damage if left unchecked - those become the highest priority. if you focus a healer first, while the healer is kiting you, the dps is ripping through your ranks faster than you're killing the healer.

it's people who don't actually assess the situation, that loses matches.

when i'm with just a couple of friends, sometimes I'll just solo-harass the healer, even though he's kiting and healing himself, because that means he's not healing his team, which allows them to kill off all the dps while the healer is occupied with keeping himself alive.