Lifetime subscription with exclusive Rodian playable species: $200 would you pay?

Dansu

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. I don't regret my LotRO founders lifetime sub even though I don't play that often. It's always there when I go back and the perks are nice.

I paid them $200 + boxes im going on 6 years. Well worth it.

Edited by Leggomy

Good discussion on today's TORwars podcast got me thinking... I might actually consider this if it existed.

Curious what others think?

Lifetime subscription with exclusive access to Rodians as playable species for one time $200

Would anyone else go for this?

Nope but if you made it a Jawa and available for all classes yes.

eww

Rodians? They are ugly. Big ol' fly eyes? yucky... don't want to curl up to that at night. Probably have an armadillo tongue to.

Now...Togruta on the other hand, female ppppppppppprrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr even more tails than a twilek baby! all for lubin up!!

If BioWare would offer a lifetime subscription, I would know the game is in serious trouble and probably don't survive long enough anymore to make such an investment worth it.

You guys keep saying this after being proven time and again this is 100% false. Lotro offered lifetime at launch. CO offered lifetime at launch. STO offered lifetime at launch. ALL are still around and frankly doing way better than this game is.

You guys keep saying this after being proven time and again this is 100% false. Lotro offered lifetime at launch. CO offered lifetime at launch. STO offered lifetime at launch. ALL are still around and frankly doing way better than this game is.

Every game that has done that at launch has gone F2P sooner than later... but this is not launch for BioWare with SWTOR here, they want to make money with going F2P, if they now tell us they are also offering a lifetime sub, which would just hurt their income in the long run, then obviously something must be afoul. Oh, and games which do that at launch are in need of cash not to break entirely, so they make this decision to get fast some money but it comes every time back to bite them in the butt.

Every game that has done that at launch has gone F2P sooner than later... but this is not launch for BioWare with SWTOR here, they want to make money with going F2P, if they now tell us they are also offering a lifetime sub, which would just hurt their income in the long run, then obviously something must be afoul. Oh, and games which do that at launch are in need of cash not to break entirely, so they make this decision to get fast some money but it comes every time back to bite them in the butt.

Lotro went years before it went f2p. Maybe you havent noticed but all games except WoW have went f2p except some niche titles like EvE and some oddball asian ones I cant pronounce. I dont understand how you think getting almost two years of sub money up front is somehow bad for the company lol. LOTRO is doing better than SWTOR that alone proves your argument holds no water. It did not come back and bite them. You are 100% wrong on this sorry.

Lotro went years before it went f2p. Maybe you havent noticed but all games except WoW have went f2p except some niche titles like EvE and some oddball asian ones I cant pronounce. I dont understand how you think getting almost two years of sub money up front is somehow bad for the company lol. LOTRO is doing better than SWTOR that alone proves your argument holds no water. It did not come back and bite them. You are 100% wrong on this sorry.

Did you even read my post? Oh, and how it can be a bad decision to get those two years of cash upfront? Well, if the game is any good you want to get money for more than two years, and the people who are going to buy the lifetime sub are most likely the same people who would have paid for more time than that, so it's a bad decision that only looks like a good one when you need fast some cash.

Did you even read my post? Oh, and how it can be a bad decision to get those two years of cash upfront? Well, if the game is any good you want to get money for more than two years, and the people who are going to buy the lifetime sub are most likely the same people who would have paid for more time than that, so it's a bad decision that only looks like a good one when you need fast some cash.

Yes I read your post and proved you wrong. LOTRO is an example. STO another example. CO another example. I think you might be the one with the reading problem.

Yes I read your post and proved you wrong. LOTRO is an example. STO another example. CO another example. I think you might be the one with the reading problem.

You haven't proven anything, since I said the situation is quite different here, SWTOR had no lifetime sub from the start, getting now one can only mean that BioWare is in serious trouble.

You haven't proven anything, since I said the situation is quite different here, SWTOR had no lifetime sub from the start, getting now one can only mean that BioWare is in serious trouble.

Its the same thing as all those other games. I can see why SWTOR wouldnt do it but to say that all games with lifetime subs made a mistake is simply a fallacy. I dont think it takes a lifetime sub announcement to realize Bioware is in trouble NOW without offering it. They have lost 1.3 million people listening to the wrong ideas and wrong opinions. Fact is games with lifetime subs are doign quite well. Way better than this game is.

Its the same thing as all those other games. I can see why SWTOR wouldnt do it but to say that all games with lifetime subs made a mistake is simply a fallacy. I dont think it takes a lifetime sub announcement to realize Bioware is in trouble NOW without offering it. They have lost 1.3 million people listening to the wrong ideas and wrong opinions. Fact is games with lifetime subs are doign quite well. Way better than this game is.

It's not the lifetime sub why they do any better, it's the F2P model why... and probably the games could do even better without the lifetime sub.

It's not the lifetime sub why they do any better, it's the F2P model why... and probably the games could do even better without the lifetime sub.

Again you have some kind of reading failure. LOTRO did not offer lifetime after they announced the f2p switch. They were the #2 north american mmo only beat by WoW when they announced the f2p switch. It had nothing to do with them doing badly . Everyone saw LOTRO's huge success and now everyone is going f2p except of course like I said WoW and some niche titles.

Fact is Bioware doesnt need to offer lifetime to prove its in horrible shape and big trouble right now. They should have been a f2p/sub hybrid from the start but they listened to people like you and now we have this game noone plays. If they had offered lifetime subs to being with maybe we wouldnt be in this situation.

Nonsense.

Now, the reason companies offer lifetime subs at launch is to generate cash flow, and they are typically smaller companies that benefit from the large cash infusion at launch as it builds a bank to fund the future of the game.

EA does NOT need the cash flow. So IF they were to do it for this game, it would be a short time promotional marketing offer to attract people to the game. A good time to do this would in fact be at the launch of the new dual access model in November.

I'm not saying they will offer it. I am simply pointing out that you are making sweeping proclomations without out thinking about the logic of it for them. It would create marketing draw to the game, it would be a great perk for long term players (which you clearly are not) who like the IP and plan to play it for the long term, and it shows good will on their part to the community. Many of you have been bashing this game and it's design team for so long, you have lost sight of reality IMO.

Fact is Bioware doesnt need to offer lifetime to prove its in horrible shape and big trouble right now. They should have been a f2p/sub hybrid from the start but they listened to people like you and now we have this game noone plays. If they had offered lifetime subs to being with maybe we wouldnt be in this situation.

A lot of truth to what Leggomy says here IMO.

Don't regret my lifer (founder) sub to Lotro at all, love the fact that it's there anytime i want to go back to it... I'd pay the $200 (or equivalent in €) to become a lifer here too....

Well I don't regret my time play swtor either and I'd love to see them offer something like that!

I'd buy one in an instant. Rodian or something else, doesn't matter to me.

Unfortunately though, I'd be VERY surprised if we'd get a lifetime sub offer.....

I think they know that the ones that would actually get the LTS would just sub for about the same time

the LTS would need to become profiatble for the buyer....

But who knows, maybe... Showing some goodwill towards their fans, it could happen....

I just hope, once they start playable species in the cash shop, that we also can get

character slots that go above the 8 we have currently. Including Legacy support and such.

Never, never, never would I buy a lifetime sub to any MMO. Once you buy the liftetime sub, you mean nothing to the devs. They already have all the money they're ever going to get from you. If you're month-to-month and (enough of) you cancel, that can and has affected decisions.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.