how long must I wait

Gildane

I have been waiting since about a month after launch for a chracter trasfer to the server with all my toons. How much longer does someone have to wait for this. I dont care about the legacy, I dont care about anything but having the toon I have had since launch, with all my other toons. 50+ tickets and 10 phone calls later and still no set time? c'mon, how hard can it be?

We have not yet announced any further details about the Character Transfers. We know everyone is interested in more details, though, and are working to bring more information!

would it be possible to go and poke the man (or woman) in charge until they give you details? :)

Well, I can't promise immediate results, but I will initiate "become really annoying" protocols.

Thank you, this has been driving myself and i am sure others, insane.

I got a shadow that needs to get off a dead server and i got an assassin that wants to be on a pvp/rp server.

I got toons and legacys spread out all over the place, my character selection area is a disaster. :cool:

Edited by kirorx

I dont know if you guys Really understand the concept of a Sinking Ship, but if I can point out the obvious to you, let me say this.

There are A LOT of people waiting to find out how this all is going to work, Its like Waiting for the BUS.

we are getting tired of waiting for it to arrive, and like many people on a sinking ship. they get off because NO ONE IS TALKING!

yes I am sure there is a lot of internal meetings, lots of discussion of direction and plans on moving forward for Bioware Austin.

But whats the point of planning a direction, when NO one is around to go in that direction.

They keep posting that players on dead servers should transfer characters , because they are going to combine servers later this summer. Just before EA drops SWTOR ...I feel another Earth and Beyond coming......not long before they drive the last nail in this coffin of a game sad to see ....somebody needs to make a great Star Wars RPG , like Open World , and Open Space sandbox game with full action combat and graphics like Star Wars Force Unleashed 2....that what gamers want.:)

I think they will give the F2P a good run for its money.

one thing that I havent heard said yet, is with the expansion going to 50+, F2p wont get to play the new content. so there is going to be an incentive for people to Sub once they run through the content.

but My main issue with this game right now, is Many of Us, have been displaced because of guilds colapting, servers becoming unpopulated, people leaving.

its frustrating for me, because I have moved around because of vanishing communities. but now I am combined on 2 servers, found a guild I really like, and now I have to do the 0-50 grind AGAIN!

come on, I have my 8 toons I want to play in various point of the story arc.

But because I move them I am in a holding patern, and its not my fault I log in one day and find oh gee, my guild disbanded.

I wouldn't worry about SWTOR , but when EA is the one holding all the cards they don't care they shut down servers all the time, and with Bioware laying people off ....developers leaving. The doctors leaving Bioware , or moving on to other projects ...this ship is going down ...like Earth and Beyond, like SWG.......which lasted longer. I am afraid this ride is over no refunds exit to the right please ......don't be surprise if you go to log on soon , and EA has pulled the plug....They will have a nice little note thanking all the players for their money, and end with May the Force be with you as you bend over again for a failed Star Wars game. Now Bioware can start working on KOTOR 3. MMO's have run their course at least the subscription ones those days are over...the ones that are still going is because the players have invested to much time ,and money to quit playing with their high level characters. Gamers can't afford to pay $60 for a game ,and $10 to $15 each month for broken game that uses the same old formula in a different setting ....gamers are ready for the next level not a repeat of past MMO's. Even with all the money Blizzard made off of WOW ...didn't translate into a great Starcraft 2 game , or a awesome Diablo 3 game....so where is the quality , fresh new game play , awesome graphics something the PC is suppose to be able to deliver, that consoles can't , greed ...that money is gone .....into CEO's pockets.

We have not yet announced any further details about the Character Transfers. We know everyone is interested in more details, though, and are working to bring more information!

Interested is a serious understatement. We have been waiting for months. It would be nice if we currently paying subscribers could feel important enough to want to retain. At least, it would be nice to feel equally important to "potential" F2P micro-transaction purchasers.

Thanks.

The real problem, that with the restuctures, topic have been lost while people re-gather their wits and responsibilities.

Which is all fine and dandy. But its been a few weeks, and while I understand everything will get sorted out eventually, the big ticket items, should get some fluff.

expansion, server transfers, ...

But all we are getting is the F2P stuff, and well, WE are all paying subscribers, and really dont care too much about F2P. Unless your thinking you want us to Cancel.

• 2 weeks later...
Well, I can't promise immediate results, but I will initiate "become really annoying" protocols.

Do you have "become even more annoying" protocol available?

Is the only option, that we can expect to see, is paid character transfer? Is it possible that free merge of existing toons to one server will be announced? For example, a player can be allowed to merge only to a server that he/she actively played on for some time.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.