Lower server capacity on Begeren Colony?

VulcanLogic

I have 50s on BC and Harbinger. BC reads full, 140 in the fleet. Harbinger says very heavy, 220 in the fleet. Just curious.

You can have more than 1 instance of planets or fleet. You were probably in Fleet 2 or Fleet 3 on BC. You can see which instance you are in on the map by looking in the bottom left.

its probably being instanced and you are in the lower numbered instance.

Nope, the fleet totals on the UI show the sum of all instances. You can do a /who or check the map to see how many are in each instance. But then again, there could be a lot more players on other planets on BC then on Harbinger. RP servers tend to draw people interested in story, which means they're doing the 1-50 for that and not sitting on fleet. Again, this is just curiosity.

Nope, the fleet totals on the UI show the sum of all instances.

That has not been my experience. I have ported in-out-in to Fleet and seen drastic swings in the count between ports. Like 250 vs 150 in the span of one minute. When I check.... yep... multiple instances and when I ported back the second time I was in a different instance.

Nope, the fleet totals on the UI show the sum of all instances. You can do a /who or check the map to see how many are in each instance. But then again, there could be a lot more players on other planets on BC then on Harbinger. RP servers tend to draw people interested in story, which means they're doing the 1-50 for that and not sitting on fleet. Again, this is just curiosity.

That's incorrect. When I switch instances on the fleet/planets/etc. the numbers on the UI change to reflect the number of people in the instance. I've been in a large instance of the fleet that shows 200 people, when someone in general complains that their UI is showing 30. If I'm in the black hole area in instance 1 it's usually 40+ people, but if I switch to the second instance it usually changes to around 10.

This is something that has always confused me, and I'm not asking to be rude, but why do people use the number of people on fleet as the guideline for the amount of people on the entire server?

They do it because they think that every person on the server is on the fleet. Now while it may be a very large part of the people on there, it certainly isn't everyone. People forget that many are doing Warzones, Flashpoints and Operations. Also a smaller chunk is on different planets. With that said the fleet population is a good estimate of if the server is well populated and such. However it certainly isn't a good way to compare server capacity.

Edited by dosadnik

No they don't show the sum they show what is in the instance that you are in. I have seen ~240 on fleet 1 and when I transfer to fleet 2 to join with my group I have seen ~100.

Edited by Arlbo_Nabbins

This is something that has always confused me, and I'm not asking to be rude, but why do people use the number of people on fleet as the guideline for the amount of people on the entire server?

Well,the number on fleet is going to be a guide as there will generally be a % of players in fleet. Player gathered stats show that Fleet comprises about 20% of the total number of players and this is pretty stable (but this was mainly before the level 15 trail started so that might change the percentage a bit.