Question regarding Wins vs Valor Ratio

SithBongious

Hi all, I have a very quick question just for some advice, as I have stood in the PVP area of the Imperial Fleet on Dalborra and asked in /S to no avail.

Currently I'm valor 56, with 74 wins. This basically means for my PVP career, I have been at less than 2 wins per Valor level.

Is this common?

I'd love some advice. Cheers in advance.

This would not be a good measurement tool for a few reasons.

1) you gain more valor for having more medals and winning, so you will gain valor faster with wins than losses.

2) early valor ranks go by extremely quickly. I have toons that I PVP with frequently at low levels and hit the valor caps before leveling. This means I have more wins without gaining valor levels. If you waited until 50 to start PVPing, then you never had a chance of being valor capped and wouldn't have as many games played to get to the same valor ranking

If i can add some more info it might give more insight?

Personally, I didnt start any PVP until i achieved level 50.

Since Tuesdays reset, Ive contested 39 PVP matches, my weekly is still at 4/9.

Again any advice is helpful, I hope my extra info might bring around some more suggestions !

A couple of things make it a very arbitrary question.

(1) They only started tracking wins very recently, many of us had V70+ before that.

(2) The amount of valor needed for differing levels increasing dramatically after 55 and then gets pretty crazy (on my V75 alt currently and he needs about 30-40 games for a level at that point.) If you were only getting 2 wins in 30 games that would be shocking.

For what its worth, that alt (who I normally pug with) is sitting at 230 wins and V75 which is quite low really but he had probably only gained about 5-10 valor levels since they started tracking things.