Mission Levels and their Bosses

Rothers

This is an area which has been bugging me ever since I started playing SWTOR, because I've been really struggling with defating multiple mission bosses, despite being at the right level or even higher.

So for example I'm currently a Level 31 Sith Assassin and I have to defeat this Jedi Knight who is an Elite Level 30. The mission itself is a Level 30, so theoretically I should be able to defeat him, especially when I'm a level higher than he is, but I just can't, I've tried on so many occasions and I just can't.

I've come across this problem a lot and obviously succeeded in defeating the threat, but very often it was just through dumb luck than skill and I'm at the point now where I'm very bored of it. Most of the time it only applies to Class mission, but also Planet missions too, so I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or I'm just no good at the game.

Any help would be great.:)

This is an area which has been bugging me ever since I started playing SWTOR, because I've been really struggling with defating multiple mission bosses, despite being at the right level or even higher.

So for example I'm currently a Level 31 Sith Assassin and I have to defeat this Jedi Knight who is an Elite Level 30. The mission itself is a Level 30, so theoretically I should be able to defeat him, especially when I'm a level higher than he is, but I just can't, I've tried on so many occasions and I just can't.

I've come across this problem a lot and obviously succeeded in defeating the threat, but very often it was just through dumb luck than skill and I'm at the point now where I'm very bored of it. Most of the time it only applies to Class mission, but also Planet missions too, so I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or I'm just no good at the game.

Any help would be great.:)

Hi there and welcome to the game :)

1. Are you wearing appropriate gear for your level and not just trash found on mobs?

2. Make sure you are trying different strategies with your companions like getting them to tank the mob or get your companion to heal you while you tank.

3. Use your interupt abilities when the Jedi is casting his most damaging abilities.

4. Make sure your companion has up to date gear.

5. Level up one more time to make the fight a bit easier.

6. Ask for someone to help you with this boss, if you go into preferences you can change it so other people can join your class quests. I prefer doing them by myself.

Hope this helps. Cheers!

I agree with the above poster and would like to add that interupts are key. Most of the boss battles in the game are pretty easy once you figure out the "one spell" that the boss casts that makes everything else hard. Usually it's a heal or a massive damage spell. If you stop that spell from going off, then you shouldn't have any problems. You should have 3 interupts to use, which will make it almost impossible for the jedi to cast his main spell.

I agree with the above poster and would like to add that interupts are key. Most of the boss battles in the game are pretty easy once you figure out the "one spell" that the boss casts that makes everything else hard. Usually it's a heal or a massive damage spell. If you stop that spell from going off, then you shouldn't have any problems. You should have 3 interupts to use, which will make it almost impossible for the jedi to cast his main spell.

What this poster said..is very very very true! I learned this the hard way on my Jedi Guardian main....but once I learned to start relying more on using my interupts...instead of just trying to pummel the boss with damange..I found it much easier to beat boss battles. Some times I still run into ones that are tough...but now I at least know how to approach battles. That having been said..there's nothing wrong with asking your fellow players to give you hand with some missions.

This^

It's called situational awareness, knowing what ability to use and when to use it.

Thanks for all the help.

And sorry for the ignorant question, but what are the interupts and how do I access them, because I've never used any.:confused:

If anyone is curious the boss I'm stuck on is the Jedi Commander on Secret Rendezvous.:)

Edited by Rothers

Thanks for all the help.

And sorry for the ignorant question, but what are the interupts and how do I access them, because I've never used any.:confused:

If anyone is curious the boss I'm stuck on is the Jedi Commander on Secret Rendezvous.:)

The interrupt ability for the Sith Assassin is Jolt, which you got at level 18.

Jolt is your main interupt ability, with a 12 second cooldown.

You can also use Electrocute to interupt spells, but it has a 1 minute cooldown. Overload also interupts spellcasting and has a 20 second cooldown.

Another good use of Overload is to knock your opponent back. This is especially helpful in keeping Khem alive. Khem loves to stand in fire and other bad things. If you see your opponent dropping an AoE damage ability, use Overload to knock them away from it. That will help Khem stay alive longer and be of more use to you.

Edited by mathisk

Thanks for all the help.

I can relate to this problem. My advice, learned the hard way, is go into your Interface Editor, find "Target Cast Bar" and enlarge it as big as it will go, and move it to a prominent place where you can see it easily. This was you'll know when to use an interrupt.

I didn't even know what a "Target Cast Bar" was until the interface editor came out in 1.2. So far, that's been my biggest DUH moment. :o