Marauders balanced you say?

Jayshames

Ok so there's people saying Marauders are perfectly fine where they are, and so are Operatives.

Here's what I see.. if they were both just as balanced as each other, you'd think there would be as equal an amount of Operatives as there is Marauders, yes?

This says otherwise..

http://i48.tinypic.com/etb5sx.png

OH and that's all the marauders I could fit in one page of the "who" tab. there was atleast another 10 there.

JUST MY 2C

Edited by Jayshames

1) This is a Star Wars game.

2) When you say Star Wars to some random person, one of, if not the, first things that will come to mind is lightsabers.

3) Characters wielding lightsabers have many many parallels to characters from the existing story (films, books, comics, etc.) and so are easier for people to associate with.

4) There is no clear parallel for the agent class in general within the existing canon.

5) Wielding 2 lightsabers, no matter how ridiculous, looks awesome

6) We know from the guild summit all the way back in March (?) that the agent class was the least played (among all classes on both factions). I've seen this improve since their healing was buffed and many ranked warzone teams on my server run with Operative healers, but they are still low.

7) Right now, the general consensus seems to be that Snipers will be the new Flavor of the Month in PvP once the (to the PvPers minds) "inevitable" nerfs to Powertech/Vanguard and Marauder/Sentinel come. Thus also decreasing the number of Operatives.

8) Also, lightsabers are cool and sexy (and my first and main toon is a Sniper, but I have 1 of each class on both factions).

They can't force people to roll a class that doesn't appeal to them and the fact of the matter is that a dual lightsaber wielding character is much sexier than a generic spy archetype within the Star Wars lore.

Edited by metaldragen

Agent will probably always be the lowest payed base class no matter what. Really it was just kind of made up to have an Empire version of Smuggler. It's not an iconic and classic heroic Star Wars class like the others are. Edited by Xienive

Look, if you're going to post something about balance, then at least have some data that's pertinent to BALANCE. Class representation has little to do with mechanics, and a lot to do with aesthetics. Marauders sport lightsabers and flashy force powers, Operatives do not.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.