What class is "best" on lvl 15?

johnyangelo

From my own experience : shadow.

Assassin is probably the same.

We get some pretty cool moves/ utlities fairly early on so while you might be missing out on some tasty tricks, you can definitely cause quite a bit of havoc playing a stealther class.

Besides, stabbing people in the back is always a fun thing to do :p

Edited by Alkazarr

Any ideas if you imagine you have lvl 15 toon, what would be the best to perform in low lvl bracket?

So far I've heard that PTs, Assasins and Snipers can do well.

You should of heard "all the classes as long as the person behind the keyboard is competent."

From my own experience : shadow.

Assassin is probably the same.

We get some pretty cool moves/ utlities fairly early on so while you might be missing out on some tasty tricks, you can definitely cause quite a bit of havoc playing a stealther class.

Besides, stabbing people in the back is always a fun thing to do :p

Honestly not really, only thing shadow/sins have below 16 is the run behind and try to shadow strike for 3-3.5k strategy.

Outside of an aoe knockback, a ranged stun, and an 8s cast time lift that breaks on damage.

PT's and Snipers have way stronger abilities early on/ the abilities they do have have very high base damage.

Snipers hit the hardest right out of the gates(lvl 10), their long cast time attack (Ambush is the name?) can hit for 4-4.5k depending on expertise buff u pick up from the map or not.

Any melee class besides PT's (which aren't really melee) sucks beyond belief at less than 18. You'll have no CC as a Sith Warrior-Jedi Knight, no interrupts besides charge (so casters can freecast), and you're best attacks and stances aren't available to you. Assassins suck at that level as well because they also don't have a dependable interrupt, no force cloak to get out of trouble and next to no defensive CDs.

Play a caster, at that level you have a number of CC's, a good number of spells and and defensive CD's.

Sniper is hands down the best imo at that level. I remember at level 10 with no experience easily breaking 200k damage with ease.

Honestly not really, only thing shadow/sins have below 16 is the run behind and try to shadow strike for 3-3.5k strategy.

Outside of an aoe knockback, a ranged stun, and an 8s cast time lift that breaks on damage.

PT's and Snipers have way stronger abilities early on/ the abilities they do have have very high base damage.

Snipers hit the hardest right out of the gates(lvl 10), their long cast time attack (Ambush is the name?) can hit for 4-4.5k depending on expertise buff u pick up from the map or not.

This sums up my feelings. I just started a shadow and while I can wreck face with shadow strike proc and project proc and stay in tank stance for okay passive defense, it doesn't save you from focus at all. You have no stealth or defensive cooldowns yet and have to pick your fights carefully. You can't wade into melee scraps for very long before everyone targets you.

Snipers on the other hand are ranged and can easily stay out of harm's way with positioning and CC. Their main damage moves scale tremendously at that level. They would be my choice for best class in lowbies and have been for a long time.