Which spec is the most efficient to level with?

DepravityX

I'm lvl 32 and using carnage aswell.

Rage is kind of nice to blow mobs, annihilation is nice for boss/elite fights.

Carnage is also great for mowing down mobs and killing elites due to the damage buffing procs like gore and force scream.

But i pvp so i stick to carnage for the burst.

If I were strictly PVE I would stick with Anni personally, mainly because I found those small self heals to be quite helpful. Typically with those and using Quinn my health hardly ever got to below 3/4 and not having to stop to recharge health in between fights and just keep running on to the next mob really does help pick up the pace a bit.

However I PVP a lot and currently spec'ed into Rage to give added aoe a try there. Personally I think for a Marauder (a lot recommended it for Jugg) Rage is really underrated. It is pretty awesome after getting a good smash set up to watch at time a mob of three weaks, or in PVP a few enemy surrounding getting low on life, all drop at the same time when you hit smash.

Carnage was by far my least favorite and for burst, which is what most seem to like Carnage for, in rage you can get really decent burst damage on multiple targets at the same time. So while carnage is good and definitely viable, it is definitely not my preference at all.

Hey!

I'm currently 31 using carnage with Quinn. It is working fine, but I was just wondering if any of the other specs are more efficient. I do not pvp, just questing.

If you keep your companion's gear updated (from the quest rewards is sufficient), you won't have a problem leveling up no matter what spec you have.

I leveled up solo,was annihilation and ran with Quinn, and was able to easily do quests that were 4 levels above me, Champion mobs 4 levels above me died to my sabers, but it was a small challenge.

(this was before any legacy perks and augments)

So many skills in Carnage make solo/story missions easier but without them, you're better off with Anni. Wait until 40 if you want to switch over.

By the time you're 40:

• You get Gore which makes all attacks bypass armor (melee strikes and Scream) and has good uptime.

• Massacre replaces Vicious Slash (same cost, same/more bonuses from skills, no cooldown).

• Massacre automatically procs your Ataru Form and bumps the proc rate up to 50%.

• Ataru Form damage automactially makes your next Scream a critical.

• Scream only costs 2 Rage (normally a whopping 4 Rage), only has a 9 second cooldown (normally 12), has +30% Surge.. It will one-shot weaker NPCs and is a great finisher for Strong NPCs.

Carnage was a lot of fun for me with the right skills. Keep in mind that without the DoT heals that Anni has, running with Quinn (and updating his armor) is recommended.

Edited by Troelsen