Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

How many of you are staying when GW2 launches?

Gotheria

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I for one will still be here and on my operative ( love my gimp class ) who else will be staying? I honestly think GW2 is just another hyped up game that will lose alot of player's after the first few months

GW2 doesn't need subs. It doesn't ask for them. They are selling you a game that will receive expansion packs, like games in the 90s. It requires no commitment to be able to play once you buy it and it doesn't lock you out of content because your'e not paying a sub. The devs firmly believe that if they make good content you will buy it without forcing you into a contract.

Edited by Gungan

GW2 doesn't need subs. It doesn't ask for them. They are selling you a game that will receive expansion packs, like games in the 90s. It requires no commitment to be able to play once you buy it and it doesn't lock you out of content because your'e not paying a sub.

When did I say anything about subs

When did I say anything about subs

It's what you were implying with your statement, otherwise you would understand that it doesn't have the same expectations as a P2P game which requires a persistent population to make money.

B2P profitability is affected far less by transient players who stick around for a short while after new content comes out, like Diablo 3, or a new DLC pack for a single player game.

Summarily, it doesn't matter if people between content packs as long as the content packs are good enough to bring people back.

Edited by Gungan

i hope gw2 is a fun game and those that go play it love it. more games means more choice, and the more choices we have as people the better.

although no subscription, just pay for content. seems there are 3 differences between that and F2P. 1) this game has a subscription option, 2) content in this game will be broken into smaller, cheaper chunks, 3) there will be more fluff items in this game due to being shop purchasable. odd that the reaction to these differences is so great.

I canceled today and will be playing GW2. I mostly canceled because I just finished my 4th class story and can't bring myself to do any more. Also seen all the endgame content.

I'll probably come back with F2P since i'll be getting 2000+ coins so I can probably play for free comfortably for a while.

Never liked fantasy outside the elder scrolls, and why would i go play GW2? The trolls and flamers will destroy that games community in under 3 months just like here, at least here they'll have moved on with thier pathetic non-lives to spend 23 1/2 hours on the internet bashing another game. i guarantee it.

I've had fun here. I'll probably stick around until Blizzard launches Starcraft Universe ... sorry I mean "Project Titan" ... and then I'll go there for a real MMO fix. Until then I'll enjoy playing through the class stories here and getting my Star Wars fix :)

Thing i loved about gw1 was the no sub thing, I've played it off and on since it came out, have my full HoM, and happily waiting to /claim mah stuffs whe 2 launches. 1 was definitely a niche game, no clue how 2 got so much hype, but thats the thing now days I guess, must say how much better the next one is...besides, it will give me somethign to do while swtor fleshes itself out some more, rambling, must stop. Edited by Blondesolid

No, George Lucas himself stated that Star Wars is science fantasy not fiction.

with all due respect to the creator of star wars, George Lucas is an idiot for a lot of the crap he has brought into the star wars universe and is completely out of touch with his fans. I don't believe in any such thing as science fantasy.