No one will buy cash shop armors

VulcanLogic

Unless you reduce the cost of extracting mods substantially. Having to grind half a million credits for the "privilege" of equipping cool looking gear that is useful is going to cost you potential sales. Use your brains on this. My logic is undeniable. Reduce the cost of mod extraction and increase your own bottom line. Edited by VulcanLogic

Unless you reduce the cost of extracting mods substantially. Having to grind half a million credits for the "privilege" of equipping cool looking gear that is useful is going to cost you potential sales. Use your brains on this. My logic is undeniable. Reduce the cost of mod extraction and increase your own bottom line.

Dude you will be able to buy a Armour/Mod/Enhancement removal kit off the Cartel store for XXX tokens soon enough...You honestly think they are going to lower the cost with so many people demanding it reduced....When they can make RL cash off the store for that exact reason.

I will if they look awesome. I've already Min/Maxed my guy out so im just 100% about aesthetics now.

Also, 500k is 2 days worth of dailies...

It's 4-6 hours of grinding for an appearance tab that you get to use once, and that you additionally pay for with real money. It's not a good business plan to sell someone something for money and then make them grind the most boring part of your game for hours just to use it. Now, I do dailies on at least one character at least twice a week, but I'm often doing them myself because no one else in my guild wants to do them.

The mods in my campaign gear vendor for about 1200 credits. 30k credits to swap a mod, double if you want to save the mod instead of destroy it, is in fact overkill. Cut it by 90%.

It's 4-6 hours of grinding for an appearance tab that you get to use once, and that you additionally pay for with real money. It's not a good business plan to sell someone something for money and then make them grind the most boring part of your game for hours just to use it. Now, I do dailies on at least one character at least twice a week, but I'm often doing them myself because no one else in my guild wants to do them.

The mods in my campaign gear vendor for about 1200 credits. 30k credits to swap a mod, double if you want to save the mod instead of destroy it, is in fact overkill. Cut it by 90%.

Have an alt with Artice/Cybertech and RE the useless armorings/mods/enhancements and then sell the Molecular Stabilizers. Or farm mats to get the money. Money in this game is too easy to get and anyone who can't afford the minuscule cost it currently takes to extract mods plain and simple isn't trying.

Edited by TheRealCandyMan

Unless you reduce the cost of extracting mods substantially. Having to grind half a million credits for the "privilege" of equipping cool looking gear that is useful is going to cost you potential sales. Use your brains on this. My logic is undeniable. Reduce the cost of mod extraction and increase your own bottom line.

There will be a 'scroll' you can buy in the cash shop which will allow the cost of extraction to be lowered... oh yes there will be.

Have an alt with Artice/Cybertech and RE the useless armorings/mods/enhancements and then sell the Molecular Stabilizers. Or farm mats to get the money. Money in this game is too easy to get and anyone who can't afford the minuscule cost it currently takes to extract mods plain and simple isn't trying.

Ok, let's take it a step further. I have 6 level 50s. Suppose I would want to get them some armor from the shop. you think I'm going to spend the better part of a real life week grinding credits for the mod extraction? And when Nightmare EC is released, you think I'm not going to remember that grind when I get item level 64 mods, with higher extraction costs? You think people are going to want to buy more cash shop armor rather than less? Kudos. You'd have fit in real well with the initial development team. Where are they now? Oh right.

You make that sound like it was a choice.

Wait until certain other armors are nerfed.

You'll buy.

Ok, let's take it a step further. I have 6 level 50s. Suppose I would want to get them some armor from the shop. you think I'm going to spend the better part of a real life week grinding credits for the mod extraction? And when Nightmare EC is released, you think I'm not going to remember that grind when I get item level 64 mods, with higher extraction costs? You think people are going to want to buy more cash shop armor rather than less? Kudos. You'd have fit in real well with the initial development team. Where are they now? Oh right.

The credit return for reverse engineering ONE campaign level item mod is more then enough to cover the cost of extracting all 3 pieces of a campaign piece. You should know this since you have 6 50's, and presumably, have cybertech and or artifice on one of them.

I will if they look awesome. I've already Min/Maxed my guy out so im just 100% about aesthetics now.

Also, 500k is 2 days worth of dailies...

agreed. pple are so cheap these days...

it gives me a special feeling that i assembled the pieces i want and the mods i wanted on it. the pricetag of it all makes it more precious.

same if you buy a cheap 10 euro jeans or go for the 150 euro one from tommy hilfiger (just an example).

both are jeans but you will feel a bit more special & classy wearing the expensive one . you get my drift...

The credit return for reverse engineering ONE campaign level item mod is more then enough to cover the cost of extracting all 3 pieces of a campaign piece. You should know this since you have 6 50's, and presumably, have cybertech and or artifice on one of them.

All my extra BH coms at this point are going to that very purpose. 15 so far, not one proc. But that's not the point, either. I can't be REing the best in slot on the gear I'm actually going to wear, and not everyone who might purchase the armor has a cybertech.

Just buy credits from the cash shop.

I'd buy them, if they're amazing looking. Right now, as far as I'm concerned, the only legacy sets that look decent are Marauder and Consular. The other classes stuff looks like hell, as does any of the pvp and pve armour you can earn. That's why I can't be bothered to earn it, lol.

Can I buy a full on Darth Talon armor set that looks the same for both factions?

Because that's the only thing I could be enticed into buying.

That would be worth farming for.

Once.

And then never again.

I'll buy any armor or weapon for a look that I like. I did it in STO, I'll do it here. I've switched the same mods from different pieces multiple times to change looks in game already. You really think buying a new look with $ or Cartel Coins would stop me?

I'll buy any armor or weapon for a look that I like. I did it in STO, I'll do it here. I've switched the same mods from different pieces multiple times to change looks in game already. You really think buying a new look with $ or Cartel Coins would stop me?

Might not stop you, but it will stop everyone I play with. What I'm saying is they need to open it up to more consumers, those who have multiple high levels and are sick of dailies--which is everyone I know (not everyone in the game, just the people I play with). It's a better business decisions than just telling their customers something along the lines of "aw, come on, it's just two days worth of 2-3 hour daily grinds". And if one can just buy credits from the cash shop, this is not a game I will want to be playing.

Edited by VulcanLogic

Don't worry. Extracting mods will be available in the cash shop.

Don't worry. Extracting mods will be available in the cash shop.

What is likely is that they offer mod station upgrade in the shop that will enable discounted pricing. It's how this sort of thing is typically done.

What is going to get some people bent is if they sell recipes in the shop for new armors that are highly desireable. People trying to corner the market and price gouge on the GTN are going to hate this.