My solution for huttball

Azareal

I know many of you like huttball but I cannot stand this WZ any more. It never was fun. My solution is this. From now on when I get a huttball Que I am quitting the WZ instantly. I'm sorry but I can't stand huttball any more I refuse to do something in a game that is not fun. The only reason I play is for fun and this is not fun. :mad:

Good bye huttball and good riddance.

I could say the exact same thing about Alderaan.

I love Huttball. It's the most innovative thing about this game.

Completly agree. I often leave Alderaan when it pops. No reason why i should do something i dont find fun.

Sooo BW, how about those cross-server warzones so we can get to chose what to do instead of being told? :rolleyes:

Huttball has 8 total fires, 2 acid pits, pulls are 30m, my problem is that this is not PvP, it is Player vs. Environment. I have 2 50s one is a tank assassin so I have the same opportunity for fire/acid kills like any other player but this is not fun. It's PvE not PvP.

Im not bagging on you for liking it though. I just don't see the point.

Please BW allow us to choose our WZs.

Edited by Azareal

Its PVPVE. Why shouldn't another player use the environment against you in PVP?

When the environment can almost instantly kill me from 100% HP it is not fun. Of course they SHOULD use it because it is available. But it is not fun. Difference of opinion I only post hoping BW allows us to choose our WZs.

What exactly is this thread for? lol.

All I can see is you made a thread to say "I don't like huttball" >_>

I don't know how else to respond but say Huttball is the best WZ.

When the environment can almost instantly kill me from 100% HP it is not fun. Of course they SHOULD use it because it is available. But it is not fun. Difference of opinion I only post hoping BW allows us to choose our WZs.

This won't happen, or atleast it shouldn't.

If it did, Assassins everywhere would be queueing for Huttball all the time since they pretty much dominate it.

Kockback, immune to stealth, roots, stuns, stealth, speed boost.

Edited by Jayshames

I could say the exact same thing about Alderaan.

I love Huttball. It's the most innovative thing about this game.

Same.

Although, not as far as leaving it whenever I get it.

But CW is my least enjoyed warzone.

Whereas Huttball is my favourite, even on classes that apparently have no place there (eg. Scoundrel)

What exactly is this thread for? lol.

All I can see is you made a thread to say "I don't like huttball" >_>

I don't know how else to respond but say Huttball is the best WZ.

This won't happen, or atleast it shouldn't.

If it did, Assassins everywhere would be queueing for Huttball all the time since they pretty much dominate it.

Kockback, immune to stealth, roots, stuns, stealth, speed boost.

I already stated the purpose but why not say it again....in hopes that BW allows us to choose our WZ. As you can see I don't like huttball and others don't like Alderaan, man if only we could choose our WZ. But hey thanks for posting before reading. Perhaps they will do nothing, maybe if we continue to ask for it they will give it, ya never know.

Edited by Azareal

I know many of you like huttball but I cannot stand this WZ any more. It never was fun. My solution is this. From now on when I get a huttball Que I am quitting the WZ instantly. I'm sorry but I can't stand huttball any more I refuse to do something in a game that is not fun. The only reason I play is for fun and this is not fun. :mad:

Good bye huttball and good riddance.

That's pretty much what I do. I'm not trying to wreck anyone's fun, but I hate that unholy abomination with all the fury of seven burning suns. So anytime that it pops up I leave right away as to hopefully allow enough time for it to find a replacement.

I still find it a strange design decision that to this day we still can't simply opt in or out of PvP matches. Mixing it up for premade ranked I can understand, but the normal stuff should have a bit more flexibility. In this RIFT did a much better job than SWTOR, that and with their matchmaking seemed to be a bit better balanced at mixing prems with prems and PUGs with PUGs.

That's pretty much what I do. I'm not trying to wreck anyone's fun, but I hate that unholy abomination with all the fury of seven burning suns. So anytime that it pops up I leave right away as to hopefully allow enough time for it to find a replacement.

I still find it a strange design decision that to this day we still can't simply opt in or out of PvP matches. Mixing it up for premade ranked I can understand, but the normal stuff should have a bit more flexibility. In this RIFT did a much better job than SWTOR, that and with their matchmaking seemed to be a bit better balanced at mixing prems with prems and PUGs with PUGs.

Honestly I hate quitting any WZ cause it puts the team at a disadvantage if no one joins quickly....but I have played since early release without quitting huttball and I just can't stand to play this WZ any more. /shrug

Honestly I hate quitting any WZ cause it puts the team at a disadvantage if no one joins quickly....but I have played since early release without quitting huttball and I just can't stand to play this WZ any more. /shrug

I used to, but when I was on Vrook Lamar 9 times out of 10 I would get Huttball when I tried to PvP. I got so sick of it during that that I just can't stand to look at it any more, so I just drop when it pops. Like I said, I'm not doing it to be a jerk, I just can't stand that game, even now that it doesn't pop up as frequently. If I could simply opt out of ever playing it like most every other MMO on the market allows that wouldn't be a problem.

Huttball has 8 total fires, 2 acid pits, pulls are 30m, my problem is that this is not PvP, it is Player vs. Environment. I have 2 50s one is a tank assassin so I have the same opportunity for fire/acid kills like any other player but this is not fun. It's PvE not PvP.

Im not bagging on you for liking it though. I just don't see the point.

Please BW allow us to choose our WZs.

Um... you're not fighting the environment. You're fighting players. By definition, that's PvP. Players can use the environment, but that's hardly new or unique to huttball. Heck, by this definition Voidstar is also PvE.

Besides, Huttball rewards teamwork more heavily than any other WZ.

I both enjoy Huttball and hate it. It can be fun with the right group but as a Deception SIN, it can be a joke. It seems most can grapple, pull, leap, and etc. Leaving me with a disadvantage as we lack mobility. Our knockback can be useful ( When it works ). And sure, sprint would be useful if we weren't to squishy to carry the ball. When I do get the ball and sprint, I still seam to get stunned/pulled into a fire pit with Force Shroud up and nearly full resolve. Edited by SyphonSith