F2P Is a Good Thing + What Should Happen Next.

Postalz

I feel that Swtor is a great game but it's downfall has more to do with WoW players would rather play WoW. Every MMO released post WoW there has been an influx of players followed by a huge decline. They can't all be bad, I mean swtor isn't a bad game.

F2P or B2P is the future of how all mmos will be released.

What's next for swtor? I hope after f2p there is a xpac released for 9-19$ with the following content,

-Level cap raised

-New skills and talents

-3v3 Arenas with xserver q's

-A place near the fleet that is only accessible to xpac players that allows dueling.

-FFA World PvP area similar to AoC

What do you want in swtor's xpac?

level cap is going to be raised when they release Makeb in like patch 1.4 or 5 but only the subscribers can level past lvl 50 :D and i would loved to see Xserver group finder/pvp

what id like to see is a Day/night cycle to give this games environment some life with some weather changes later on

Hood up/down option

improved drop down category's for crafting i.e having all the Artifact with Artifact and so on

add them good ol short lightsabers from KOTOR I & II

make the capital planets feel more like the capital planets (remove the good stuff from the fleet and put them on Coruscant and Dromound Kaas) i mean capital planets should you know feel like capital planets not just a truck stop

Edited by Bredeweg
cuz i can

I feel that Swtor is a great game but it's downfall has more to do with WoW players would rather play WoW. Every MMO released post WoW there has been an influx of players followed by a huge decline. They can't all be bad, I mean swtor isn't a bad game.

What's next for swtor? I hope after f2p there is a xpac released for 9-19$ with the following content,

-Level cap raised

-New skills and talents

-A place near the fleet that is only accessible to xpac players that allows dueling.

I certainly wouldn't buy this, although I'm sure many will. From my point of view probably the only thing that I would buy is chapter 4. Possibly a social pack with Pazzak etc,. as well.

-Level cap raised

-New skills and talents

We'll see what happens, the demographic of the player base will change as those, like myself, who will not play a F2P game leave and others that want that style of game flood in. It's quite a sad day for me to be honest, I like the game, am in a great guild of friends and was hoping to subscribed for a long time to come.

The day the F2P store goes up with items I can't unlock through game play or purchase with standard credits (or earn-able currency such as comms) is the day I cancel and look for a different game.

We'll see what happens, the demographic of the player base will change as those, like myself, who will not play a F2P game leave and others that want that style of game flood in. It's quite a sad day for me to be honest, I like the game, am in a great guild of friends and was hoping to subscribed for a long time to come.

The day the F2P store goes up with items I can't unlock through game play or purchase with standard credits (or earn-able currency such as comms) is the day I cancel and look for a different game.

you might as well do just that now, as its going to happen, save your self the money in subs you will pay up to free to play and walk away

i have im just here reading and doing the odd post untill my days run out then im off, more than likely never to returen

EA is going to **** this game for everything its worth

you might as well do just that now, as its going to happen, save your self the money in subs you will pay up to free to play and walk away

i have im just here reading and doing the odd post untill my days run out then im off, more than likely never to returen

You're probably right, but I've been here since the 1st week and play with a great bunch of friends and am just holding onto that forlorn hope that they won't mess it all up.

Im sorry but paying for a sub and a lackluster expansion pack wouldnt cut it for me. I paid a sub since launch and hardly recieved any new content. Im surely not going to pay for more already.

Subscribers will never pay extra for anything, as I understand.

First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to all game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge.

Yep. Pretty much this. I hate that it had to come to this cause I would like to see a massive improvement of the game. But I don't see it happening. So I voted with my wallet. The only thing EA/Bioware understand.

Subscribers will never pay extra for anything, as I understand.

There will still be expansion packs down the road that we will have to pay for. I expect that and if the game is decent and the expansion looks decent... I will pay for that. I took the Op to mean that they should release an expansion now. If they released a pay for expansion now... then I wouldnt buy it. I dont feel that I got my subscription fee worth yet. I feel I got the box cost worth but not the sub.