Soloing Hard Mode Flashpoints

AshlaBoga

Don't worry about it. That person who made the video cannot prove they did it alone, or that cheats were not involved. There are only two things that can be concluded from that video. Either he didn't solo or cheated somehow and everyone can stop praising him.

The only other option is, IF this person actually did do what the video claims, then it is obvious that Assassins need a SERIOUS nerf.

If he was solo, he was not doing enough damage to avoid Enrages. You are telling me he survived each bosses enrage? Not likely. I don't trust it. Like I said in that post, FRAPS the whole solo adventure, from entrance to start, showing all load screens, from start to finish, THEN I will believe what was claimed. That video is not enough proof.

Don't worry about it. That person who made the video cannot prove they did it alone, or that cheats were not involved. There are only two things that can be concluded from that video. Either he didn't solo or cheated somehow and everyone can stop praising him.

The only other option is, IF this person actually did do what the video claims, then it is obvious that Assassins need a SERIOUS nerf.

If he was solo, he was not doing enough damage to avoid Enrages. You are telling me he survived each bosses enrage? Not likely. I don't trust it. Like I said in that post, FRAPS the whole solo adventure, from entrance to start, showing all load screens, from start to finish, THEN I will believe what was claimed. That video is not enough proof.

Boss did enrage and did almost kill him. He won.. barely. If you're going to speak, least be educated about what you speak about.

Boss did enrage and did almost kill him. He won.. barely. If you're going to speak, least be educated about what you speak about.

Boss did enrage but that proves nothing about what was used cheat wise or not. If you're going to believe in something don't be so blind as to not question the credibility of the claim. Education comes from knowledge of the facts, and very little fact is in front of us to work with for EITHER of us to claim education.

Edited by FrumpytheClown

Ok we seem to be going off topic here.

I'm not commenting on whether Stevoo cheated (I believe he did it fair and square but that's not topic)

I asking if it's mathematically feasible for a Sorc to solo certain HM Flashpoint bosses.

On my sorc I soloed Yadira Ban with a companion but that's all.

And what does that prove? That Yadira Ban is a joke.

So my question is simple: can some of the harder bosses be soloed by a sorc or is it not POSSIBLE?

Ok we seem to be going off topic here.

I'm not commenting on whether Stevoo cheated (I believe he did it fair and square but that's not topic)

I asking if it's mathematically feasible for a Sorc to solo certain HM Flashpoint bosses.

On my sorc I soloed Yadira Ban with a companion but that's all.

And what does that prove? That Yadira Ban is a joke.

So my question is simple: can some of the harder bosses be soloed by a sorc or is it not POSSIBLE?

1. Stevoo is an Assassin not a Sorc, It was clear they solo'd malgus Didn't see him/her claim they solo'd the rest of the instance.

2. I would guess with Khem full Black hole tanking geared you might be able to heal him through a boss fight perhaps on some fights like BP (with no enrage times).

Assassin is better suited to soloing as companion healers don't get affected by a few things.

FINALLY someone answered my question!

1. So rather than doing it as a DPS I should do it as a healer?

2. I should use Khem instead of Talos or Ashara/Revel? This one seems like a given if I'm specced as a healer but I almost feel like I should be specced as a Healer with some DPS to try and burn through enrage timers.

If I'm using Khem as a tank, then won't my dps loss due to healing increase the time I get stuck with an enraged boss? So should I stack a bit of extra strength on Khem or go full Khem Tank and me as a full healer. Cause I want to try and solo HM Revan with my sorc.

I've soloed HM BT with a DPS comp and found it to be tough - took 3-4 hours - but not the hardest thing I've done in a game. Does anyone have a suggestion for what HM FP I should try next? Or a specific boss?

How do we know that it was HM btw? :p

I have no problem beliving that it was HM Malagus dident look like the he did hit that hard so with a healer I have always been thinking it possible. What is impossible is the other bosses like HK-47 :p

I cant remeber that I have seen a enrage on normal so I dont know if that was the proof but it can be becaus the NM bosses is a lot easyer to kill so never got the chance to see the enrage. :p

How do we know that it was HM btw? :p

I have no problem beliving that it was HM Malagus dident look like the he did hit that hard so with a healer I have always been thinking it possible. What is impossible is the other bosses like HK-47 :p

I cant remeber that I have seen a enrage on normal so I dont know if that was the proof but it can be becaus the NM bosses is a lot easyer to kill so never got the chance to see the enrage. :p

I really would like to keep this on topic guys.

This is in the SORC section because I'm curious as a SORC, I don't give a wooden nickel about whether an Assassin can Solo Malgus.

He claimed to solo malgus, not the whole instance i believe. How is a video not proof anyway? What more do you want? Why are you so butthurt about this? I think being able to solo a hardmode final boss (as the video quite clearly shows he did) is deserving of praise even if he did have help getting to that point.

I'm inclined to think not, but if you can, it would be with a madness heavy corruption hybrid. The aoe heal would never need to be used in a solo run, you've got infinite force with that build and probably can do something in the vicinity of 1100 DPS for every second you're dpsing in optimized 61 gear (that's a guess, I haven't actually tried it out on a dummy).

Ignoring the bosses for a minute, a problem you're going to run into that the tankassin didn't is the trash mobs. He can skip almost all of them. You, on the other hand, have to fight any that cannot be skipped without a stealth class. I don't think Khem or Xalek have enough tools to hold and regain threat with you healing them, no matter what you have them geared in.

If you did want to give it a try, the one I might go with is Battle of Ilum, since just about every difficult (with 1 guy at least) trash pull is avoidable. And if the end boss for that enrages, I've sure as Hell never seen it.

I'm inclined to think not, but if you can, it would be with a madness heavy corruption hybrid. The aoe heal would never need to be used in a solo run, you've got infinite force with that build and probably can do something in the vicinity of 1100 DPS for every second you're dpsing in optimized 61 gear (that's a guess, I haven't actually tried it out on a dummy).

Ignoring the bosses for a minute, a problem you're going to run into that the tankassin didn't is the trash mobs. He can skip almost all of them. You, on the other hand, have to fight any that cannot be skipped without a stealth class. I don't think Khem or Xalek have enough tools to hold and regain threat with you healing them, no matter what you have them geared in.

If you did want to give it a try, the one I might go with is Battle of Ilum, since just about every difficult (with 1 guy at least) trash pull is avoidable. And if the end boss for that enrages, I've sure as Hell never seen it.

I agree with the BoL point, plus half the trash in BP can avoided.

I really want to try and solo HM Revan before they introduce a new level cap. Somehow I've always felt that fight was meant to be soloed in order to get the right appreciation for Revan.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.