Is PVP really that bad?

REDLION

<3 my Star Wars Brothers&Sisters!

I feel like I can breath again after reading in this thread a bit.

The amount of complaining, kicking and screaming this community has put out so far has been quite a downer for me. To me it works like this: Positive feedback and heavily pointing out things you want and like affects lasting change much more than whining and pointing out every flaw. Doing the latter fosters an unsecurity than leads to those acting watching their every move from fear of doing something wrong. This leads to reaction rather then action which is exactly what (if I understand them correctly) the whiners don't want.

The logic i simple: To make game work --> Money, To get money --> Moore people playing game, Reading only negative things on forums --> Frighten potential new Star Wars Brothers&Sisters away = Bad idea to write lots of negativity on forums.

That being said, I'm all for criticism, but there are different ways to deliver it.

I really like the game and I am having a blast with PVP aswell as leveling and endgame PvE. I'm for one is amazed that the 4 WZ has lasted this long for me, I can only conclude that either I'm really easy to entertain or they are really well made.

I for one am more than content with the game BW has given me, despite all the whining on the forums and EA bashing them officially (not a good way to build confidence) and can't wait to see what they have in store for us.

Having whiners own our forums saddens me. lets take them back!

Love

Lets give the forums back to the people who enjoy the game

Perfect post right here. I've only played like 5 warzones on my level 50 JK mainly because for the longest time, I didn't know how to queue up (yes I'm a noob, this is my first mmo, blah blah *********** blah). Lvl 50 pvp is nowhere near as fun as 10-49 and that's fine. I honestly don't see the problem with pvp, then again I'm not a hardcore pvp

r

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"If it killed me its OP" is the majority of pvp comments on any game.

Its just bad players crying that they arent good enough to compete...

Content-wise, is there enough? No, there is not

Ilum was terrible because of no faction population balance/control. This will only get worse due to the f2p conversion making world pvp even more unlikely to ever return.

Only 4 warzones for 1-50.

ya ok lol, when you have 3 guild on republican side on our server that are full warhero but still need to hack to win, makes you wonder how bad of player they really are, i take any repub like there coton doll's when they are not hacking, just be men's hackers, play the game fair, this is an awesome pvp game and you guy's killing it...... v V v ... QQ... ya am talking to you's.... and bioware that aint do nothing about it, when you write a ticket all they say it's that there not enough information, when all day need is place and time so they can study the combat log.....it is sad, and now they promises more updates when f2p? why not now? we dont deserve it as paying customers?..............AND BIOWARE, PLEASE AT LEAST FIX THE FLAWS SINCE YOU AINT PUNISHING THE HACKERS

BUT YES, I AGREE, THE GAME IS FUN AND THE COMPLAINING IS IN GREAT AMOUT, BUT CUSTOMER SERVICE AINT THERE MUCH, THEY SAY NO ALL THE TIME, TO 90% OF THINGS YOU ASK, MAYBE THEY SHOULD LEARN THAT CUSTOMER IS GOLDEN THEN IT WOULD BE A DIFFERENT STORY, BUT I HAVE TO ADMIT, it"s a great game

People always flock to new mmos *** are you spouting about. Decline has to do with a new generation of players who want everything at a fast pace and not hard to obtain. Or wait people who are just tired of mmos period and don't do research about the new products. You ether hate SWTOR or you love it same as WoW. I happen to play both and pay for both.

I disagree. I don't think the game was automatically doomed as you are suggesting. I think they messed up in many places including and especially PvP.

Edited by NathanielStarr

For any real, experienced PvPer, the fight itself is the pot of gold.

They live in Valahalla. Those who ask for rewards everytime, do not.

Spot on m8

And I won't need the $1 ammos thx, just make small improvements regularly and that will work for me.

Disclaimer: SWTOR is great at 78% (buy Satisfaction Points -SP- at my Shop while it's open):csw_jabbapet:

It can be bad and make people hate it, especially against pre-mades. It would be nice to choose not to face a pre-made team, but that would be very if not impossible implement. For example 8 players que at the same from the same guild solo. They might get on the same team and that would be impossible to stop. Although when solo ranked warzones are released hopefully the fully geared pre-mades will go there. What the pre-made full war hero groups do not understand is how horrible it feels to get face rolled over and over again.

Implementing tiers in WZ's for level 50's would be nice. Just make it so that once in the WZ you can not switch gear and the person with the most expertise decides to which tier the group will belong.

It is tough to have any compassion for the other team because winning is fun, but constantly losing does not make people want to face you.

Pre level 50 pvp is fun, but it full of people who do not listen or are incompetent and level 50 pvp has more stress and can be frustrating, but normally your team knows what to do and listens.

PvP is never gonna be perfect for everyone, but should be fun for most people not the eelect few.

• Dev Post

Hello everyone!

We ask that threads center on discussion of Star Wars™: The Old Republic™. Threads made to criticize the community do not foster constructive discussion and are considered off-topic, so we have closed this thread. If you have feedback, we encourage you to contact us at communitysupport@swtor.com.

Thank you for understanding and helping us make sure that the forums are as constructive and helpful as possible!