Fix your lag

Deevaun

First off, I'm astonished at how little forthought was put into the server merge. With as many servers combining into one server it doesn't surprise me we are having huge issues with operations being overpacked and causing severe unplayable lag. Waiting 3 to 5 seconds for a reaction from an ability drastically impacts the performance and creates an environment that is not fun. We chose to stop doing our operation purely not because we can't do the fight, we have HM EC on farm in multiple groups in our guild, but we stopped because of lag. If we can't play the game, why should we pay to play? I think if you had appoximated 75% of the server population things would be a bit smoother thant his. Even cutting it by 50% might help. Not only this, but what will happen if we get such a huge gain of people from F2P? What is your solution then when our servers get even bigger? This is absolutely ridiculous. This lag has gone on for a long time now and has gotten much worse in the last couple weeks. Before you did the server merge, we were still raiding. Yes we had a headache of filling missing slots with a low population, but we still raided and got **** done. Now we are calling raids in a raid team due to playing at peak hours and insane lag.

My suggestion, you need to fix the lag before you do anything. Don't work on extra features, F2P or nothing until the game you have currently is working on primary status. Use better approximations. Your servers should be able to easily play the amount of people on each server and then be able to play any time you come out with any new features that might bring old players back to the game that spikes the popluation up. Fix it, or give me my money back for not being able to do what I want to do in a game I pay to play.

• 3 weeks later...
I agree completely. I don't do operations very much, first because I was on a light population server that didn't have enough players to get one done. Now though, it's worse, I can't do anything at all besides walk around my ship or some planet that no one goes to. Warzones, Flashpoints, Operations, Dailies, doing ANYTHING on the fleet, they're all out because of lag, I have on occasion tried a warzone to see if it gets better, but it doesn't, I shoot up to 10k latency immediately, and then escalate to about 200k at which point I get Error 9000. This is not my internet connection, I can play other MMO's (WoW and LOTRO) at about 100 ms latency, I can even have SWTOR and WoW open at the same time, SWTOR will be at 20k on my ship and WoW will be at 120 ms in Orgrimmar (one of the big cities for those who don't know) It's not my fps either, which is about 40 for all the games I play.

• 2 weeks later...