f2p members should have limited chat options

Darth-Rammstein

Actually, gold farmer span is a sign of a healthy MMO. I still get spam for World of Warcraft, even though I shut down my accounts almost 2 years ago. Spam for Diablo 3 too, even though I've never touched it. Once those spammers get a hold of your e-mail, they never let up.

Spammers were here at opening, then disappeared along with a lot of subscribers.

Then, I too got a gold-spam in game a few days ago.

Maybe this game is increasing in numbers/popularity recently? Who knows? Time will tell.

I think it's just that there are less servers now so it's much easier for them to do

Or the game is actually doing better. I prefer that answer anyways :rak_04:

...or expand our ignore list capacity

This!

Well, for me the perfect solution would be to have one server were only subs can play on. But apperently, they don't want that. We'll see if the angry f2p-ers are annoying or not.

But if they are like they were in LOTRO, they got a big problem: that was simply unbearable the first few weeks.

I'm not usually one to say negative things about this game, but we already have limited chat options. All chatting takes place in general chat. I started playing SWGEMU the other day, and of course its not as a hot game as SWTOR, but people over there chat every where in that game. I think priority should go to make SWTOR more sociable to begin with and take serious action to pull conversations away from the general chat window and into the game, then we can worry about which privileges to take away from f2p gamers. That to me is the root of everyone (not everyone just the bored) trying to find something wrong with the game, when all people really want deep down inside is a place to hang out, where everyone knows your name. Edited by HiddenPalm

Group chat should be available for them, so that they can talk with others in the team. General chat is a thing, I think that it should maybe become available when a player gets his legacy name... to prevent the gold sellers from getting access to eays to the chat. The same restriction could also work to grant people the rights to post on the forums here.

I agree with expanding the ignore list. further when someone is ignored it should ignore the entire account, not just the toon that I encountered.

Putting f2pers in a separate chat channel would be a disservice to both groups. Opening up the game to f2p should serve to create a larger more diverse community to enhance the game for all players. If we cannot fully play with everyone in the areas that are accessible to all, then f2p players value to other players is decreased dramatically... For example, the lower populated planets where subscribers may be leveling an alt and wants to hit up chat to put together groups for group missions will lose the benefit of reaching other players who are currently using a different pay mode.

I understand that some people are really unhappy and/or concerned about the up and coming changes, however it seems unfair to categorize people coming in as f2p similarly to unwanted poor peasants who will somehow taint the current kingdom with their mere presence. Certainly there must be at least one person playing for free because they really want to check out the game and play for enjoyment and not to infiltrate the castle to corrupt and destroy it from within...

Edited by Persephonee

I know! LOL.

Yeah, they will probably put them in their own set of channels so we can turn them off if need be.

I sure hope so. I complain so much, I can't stand to hear somebody else complain. I do enough of it for everybody.

Besides, it's kinda like your sister...nobody picks on her but you. Well, that's how it is with this game. Nobody is allowed to pick on it but me!